Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: This is a critical stretch for coach T

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
You make good points, but you're forgetting perhaps that we lost to Oakland and Tennessee with Ben, were down 10-0 to KC at home with Ben, and lost to Cleveland in the biggest shitstorm since we lost to them last time, and now have lost to a team that couldn't buy points or a win.

When several players say that they team isn't ready to play on a semi-regular basis, that's a huge red flag. A loss in Dallas could be the kill shot.
I like tomlin, but that responsibility to get the team ready to play falls on his shoulders. He's paid to be the leader of that team.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Steelers fans' short-term memory is quite laughable at times. 2012 is NOWHERE near comparable to 2009.

2009 was a veteran team with longtime players who collapsed down the stretch. THAT season was THE NIGHTMARE of the ages. What happened in 2009 was NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER. Troy went down and the D completely FELL TO SHIT.

2012 is a young team in transition that have lost longtime core vets, is going to lose some more vets next offseason, and missing their best player (Ben) for a good portion of the season. This team has been through so much crap this season that it's a miracle they still hold on to the final Wildcard Spot. Injuries have decimated this team, but they're still hanging in there and are still in control of their own destiny.

Let's be honest with ourselves. This isn't the same Steelers we've seen during 2004-2010. There are a lot of new young faces. No more Deshea Townsend, Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, or James Farrior. There is obviously going to be some kind of void and chemistry missing. This is a significantly younger and different Steelers team, and with youth comes mistakes. The void is something Tomlin needs to fill with his coaching.

Last edited by Edman; 12-12-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
steelax04 (12-12-2012), WVABE (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

All I have to say is, "sniffle sniffle cry cry f'n cry". We cant have a SB team every year, and most franchises dont even have a playoff team year in and year out. To have a chance to make the playoffs when the team is basically rebuilding is something only 2-3 franchises can do. We have an almost completely new Oline that should start for years, young and talented rvcing corps, a def getting younger. We are lacking a couple pieces really. We need to replace our safeties, Harrison and find a new NT (stupid Taamu). Our LB except for Harrison and Foote (who we have a replacement for as long as his knee heals) are all young. We need a better RB and maybe another TE. We have been replenishing and our down year we still will most likely make the plaoyffs. Stop crying and realize all teams need to rebuild at some point and we a lucky enough to not have to worry about being terrible while doing it.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rotorhead For This Useful Post:
lipps83 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #14
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

We're squandering an opportunity, that's the issue. And Tomlin makes himself look like an idiot too much for my taste. Your team's preparation has a direct relation to your HC's ability IMHO.

I'm sick of the cliche's and quip's too. The calls for his head will be deafening if they continue like this...
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
We have an almost completely new Oline that should start for years,
You mean on the roster or in the lineup? The only guy in the lineup that should be starting for years is Pouncey.

Adams--???--Pouncey--DD--Gilbert should be the future of this team at OL. Maybe DD on the left.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #16
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

As long as Ben is our QB we can compete so I dont want to hear shit about rebuilding. If you think we are rebuilding then were screwed. By the time the players learn the new definsive system Ben will be retired or way past his prime. Everyone says it takes a few years to learn our defense correct? Pointless

With that said you wont hear me complain unless were eliminated from the playoffs. The steelers can surprise us all and really play like shit against some of the worst teams in the NFL but can also hang with the best of them. Some of you seem to think the season is over but as long as we have Ben and the best definsive coach in football we can winu the super bowl any season and I wouldnt be surprised to see us there again this year.

Once we totally crush Dallas im sure a lot of people will jump back on the wagon were they belong. Yes we have flaws like every other team out there but we have always played best when our backs are against the wall and everyone has counted us out. Come January were going to look at the Chargers game as our turning point. Were we hit bottom and and started swinging.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #17
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Just as we were flat following an emotional win over the Ravens, I look for the Cowboys to be flat after their emotional win over the Bengals following the aftermath of losing a teammate in a car crash. Look what the Chiefs did after their tragedy, they played their best game of the year and then last week against the Browns, they barely showed up.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

DD, Pouncey, Starks, Foster, Adams (all Gilbert does is injure our players so until he can learn to keep his feet i dont want his butt on the line). Colon and Foster are interchangable IMO unless Colon can stay healthy. Looks pretty solid to me, and better than we've had in a long time.

And that was my point, we are rebuilding with a younger team and still are talking playoffs. I dont by into this 3 year because our rookie ILB was projected to start before his injury (long day cant remember his name).
Old 12-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
All I have to say is, "sniffle sniffle cry cry f'n cry". We cant have a SB team every year, and most franchises dont even have a playoff team year in and year out. To have a chance to make the playoffs when the team is basically rebuilding is something only 2-3 franchises can do. We have an almost completely new Oline that should start for years, young and talented rvcing corps, a def getting younger. We are lacking a couple pieces really. We need to replace our safeties, Harrison and find a new NT (stupid Taamu). Our LB except for Harrison and Foote (who we have a replacement for as long as his knee heals) are all young. We need a better RB and maybe another TE. We have been replenishing and our down year we still will most likely make the plaoyffs. Stop crying and realize all teams need to rebuild at some point and we a lucky enough to not have to worry about being terrible while doing it.
You are right, dude. We are not allowed to criticize our team when they lose repeatedly to sub-par, bottom-feeding franchises.

Those silly fair-weather fans....
Old 12-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #20
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Yep