Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #21
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023
Default Re: This is a critical stretch for coach T

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
You make good points, but you're forgetting perhaps that we lost to Oakland and Tennessee with Ben, were down 10-0 to KC at home with Ben, and lost to Cleveland in the biggest shitstorm since we lost to them last time, and now have lost to a team that couldn't buy points or a win.

When several players say that they team isn't ready to play on a semi-regular basis, that's a huge red flag. A loss in Dallas could be the kill shot.
Even though I agree that it is important to win this game, a loss would be far from a kill shot. No matter what happens Sunday, if we win our final two games against Cincy and Cleveland we are in at the #6 seed.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Yep
Dwelling on your past successes is a good way to never improve in any area and to make excuses for yourself.

The Steelers are playing sub-par ball right now. Trying to sugar-coat it by living in the past does nothing for improving the team's needs in the future.

The Steelers, their staff, and their players are not a sacred cow-- they are not above criticism by the fans. If they are stinking the joint up-- we should call it like it is. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
fer522 (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #23
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Hhmm, show where i was living in the past? Yep, i can see what is going on, but me crying about it all day is not doing much, in fact i am looking to the future actually, i can still see us winning the division, i called the skins beating the rats and so will denver and NY and hopefully cincy, all you see is we suck everyone sucks we are never going to win again ever waaahhhhh
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #24
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Hhmm, show where i was living in the past?
I quote your post:

"We cant have a SB team every year, and most franchises dont even have a playoff team year in and year out. To have a chance to make the playoffs when the team is basically rebuilding is something only 2-3 franchises can do."

You strongly imply that we are spoiled and that we should be happy with our SB victories thus far. Ergo, you are dwelling on past successes and depending on them to wipe away the stink of losing to the league's 4 worst teams THIS YEAR.

Quote:
Yep, i can see what is going on, but me crying about it all day is not doing much, in fact i am looking to the future
Who's the one that is "crying". I am being realistic and discussing areaas that need improvement, and you are the one who got butthurt about it. Apparently, we are only allowed to discuss "happy things" so we don't push you over the edge.

Quote:
actually, i can still see us winning the division, i called the skins beating the rats and so will denver and NY and hopefully cincy, all you see is we suck everyone sucks we are never going to win again ever waaahhhhh
So.....you are optimistic because we have to depend on other teams to lose for us to make the postseason?

So far, the only thing I see that sucks, is your message board rantings.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #25
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Actually i wasnt implying anything, dont assume what you clearly dont know. Stating we cant win the SB every year is not implying we should be happy about last year, it is just stating the obvious, and letting all you cry babies know it isnt going to happen every so be happy with the fact a rebuilding year or 2 for our team still means we can possibly win the SB. I actually dont think we need to rely on ppl losing to make the play offs because the fact is we control our own destiny. Something i know, so stop incinuating i dont know what i am talking about by stating assumptions (again) you clearly have no clue about. What you are doing is crying about the past games where we lost to crappy team so maybe you should atop dwellng on the past. And finally, nothing you "criticize" (or cry about) on this message board is going to make a difference to what the team does on sunday, sorry you seem to think it will (that is an assumption).
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Actually i wasnt implying anything, dont assume what you clearly dont know.
I can only quote what YOU said and draw reasonable conclusions from it.

When you say we should pipe down because we can't win a SB every year, you are clearly implying that we should be happy with what we did in the past.

No assumptions, just the English language 101.

Quote:
Stating we cant win the SB every year is not implying we should be happy about last year
Why would we be happy about the Steelers being bounced out of the postseason by Tim Tebow?

Quote:
it is just stating the obvious, and letting all you cry babies know it isnt going to happen every so be happy
Yeah, see my "assumption" above. You are telling us to be happy with past championships-- just like YOU said and I called you on.

Quote:
with the fact a rebuilding year or 2 for our team still means we can possibly win the SB.
That's the problem-- this isn't a "rebuilding year". The Steelers were supposed to be a SB-ready team with a few kinks that needed to get worked out this last offseason.

Replacing two Olinemen, 1 WR, and 1 CB does not define a "rebuilding year".

Quote:
I actually dont think we need to rely on ppl losing to make the play offs because the fact is we control our own destiny.
Yes, THE STEELERS do control their own destiny right now. Lose one more game though and that is not the case (depending on the results of the other games).

Quote:
Something i know, so stop incinuating i dont know what i am talking about by stating assumptions (again) you clearly have no clue about.
Zzzzzzzzz.....

Quote:
What you are doing is crying about the past games where we lost to crappy team so maybe you should atop dwellng on the past.
Those "past games" have a direct impact on what is happening right now. Your past championships have no bearing on where the Steelers are today.

Quote:
And finally, nothing you "criticize" (or cry about) on this message board is going to make a difference to what the team does on sunday, sorry you seem to think it will (that is an assumption).
Sorry to point this out to you, professor, but nothing you say has anything to do with how they do this weekend either.

Given the two options, I prefer to remain realistic and objective about our chances and situation.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
You are right, dude. We are not allowed to criticize our team when they lose repeatedly to sub-par, bottom-feeding franchises.

Those silly fair-weather fans....
You said it not I. Be serious for one minute, did anyone actually believe it would be a smooth transition from Arian to Haley and the offense. I am on here several times pointing just that fact out, and this was before the season began. We lost to Oakland on the west coast, something we have made a habit of for years not just Tomlin or just recently. We lost to Tenn at Nashville, another place that has given us fits. We lost both early and the running game and offense were not clicking. The only thing we had going was Ben playing great on third down. We lost to Denver at their place and thats another nightmare, you lose RC right off the bat and plus they are looking like an AFC contender right now.

So early on we are 6-3 and starting to click and I for one am feeling good. Now your QB gets hurt, our backup QB gets hurt and we were fortunate to win 1 of 3 they were out. Now Ben is back but rusty and basically the Defense took this game off. Face it things do not go as planned, injuries happen, bad calls happen, bad decisions happen when at the time it seems right. I love how everyone remembers Cowher in such a "fond" way but I was a reader of Steeler boards then and now, and it was just like today. The Bi-Polars were super high with the wins and ready to fire everyone and start over when we lose. I do not mind questioning decisions or gameplans but constant bellyaching turns me away from these boards until things have settled down. As far as Tomlin making or breaking the rest of the year, unless Tomlin wants to leave he will be here for some time.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
tony hipchest (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Agaim you are assuming everything, mr english 101. I never atated anything, nor implied anything about past championships, so stop trying to put words in my mouth. I guess you stopped at english 101 and didnt go to critical reading as you have no readin comprehension skills. My POINT was this is as much of a rebuilding year you will see from the Steelers. Sorry youe english 101 class couldnt help you figure that out. So instead of assuming what you think to be true, try reading the post and understanding what is there. Plain and simple for you to understand, without adding assumptions, i dont care what happened last year, week month, etc. this team has a game to play this upcoming weekend and i hope they win. I think they will win it as well as the next 2. I also think the ravens will lose the next 3 which will win us the division. I am a fan of our team and always root and hope for our team to win. Sorry if that makes you upset because you cant root for them to do well, you cant see any good from any games, only the bad. That is a crappy way to live life.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #29
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I am not going to single out anyone but there are fans for every team who can do a better job of coaching, drafting, motivating, budgeting, and in general run their team than the PROFESSIONALS actually doing it. Nearly everyone wanted Arians gone, such an idiot, such a dumazz, completely ignorant of football knowledge, Well he is gone and it took him all of less than one week to have another job in the NFL,(BTW the Colts are doing pretty well with him whether you want to credit him or not, bet he gets rehired). Haley comes in and nearly everyone assumes our offense will produce 100 yard rushers every game not to mention 30+ points per game, I tried to caution that it would take time, just like all these new faces on the OL. We have had injuries like I for one have never seen, we get one back another drops, we have been playing 3rd level type players against NFL caliber teams. Now ya'll can downgrade Cleveland if you want but I see a team on the rise and they are going to be a force soon. Cincy has improved and could very well be good for years to come. The Ravens and us could lose our hold over the division sooner than we think. And as far as all of these "cellar dwellars" these teams do not just beat the Steelers occasionally, they also beat the Patriots (Cardinals) Giants (Eagles) and even the Texans went OT at home to the Jags. This is the NFL it happens, we may not even make the playoffs but I believe the Steeler organization will make changes that hopefullly puts them back on track.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #30
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Agaim you are assuming everything, mr english 101. I never atated anything, nor implied anything about past championships, so stop trying to put words in my mouth.
You most certainly did. Be a man and own your statements.

When you tell someone they are being a crybaby because the team cant be a SB winner every year-- it is clearly implicit that you are depending on past victories and successes to justify or erase the failings of today.

I understand that we cannot be a SB team every season. But I am not willing to just shrug my shoulders and say "who cares?" about obvious issues on this team just becasue we won a bunch of championships in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I guess you stopped at english 101 and didnt go to critical reading as you have no readin comprehension skills. My POINT was this is as much of a rebuilding year you will see from the Steelers.
If you don't mind my asking-- how long have you been watching the Steelers?

I certainly recall some 6-10 stinkers under Cowher during actual rebuilding years.

Replacing an offensive coordinator, 1 RB, 1 CB, and one or two Olinemen does not count as a rebuilding year for any team that I know of. Like I said, this was supposed to be a SB-ready team this year that just needed to improve in a few areas, not a team in rebuilding mode.

Quote:
this team has a game to play this upcoming weekend and i hope they win. I think they will win it as well as the next 2.
I agree.

Quote:
I also think the ravens will lose the next 3 which will win us the division.
I do not see the Ravens losing out to end the season, although I wouldn't shed too many tears if they did.

Quote:
I am a fan of our team and always root and hope for our team to win. Sorry if that makes you upset because you cant root for them to do well, you cant see any good from any games, only the bad. That is a crappy way to live life.
You're the one putting words into others' mouths.

Being objective about my team, doesn't mean I am not cheering them on. I know you can do better than this....