Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Would You Trade Wallace for Flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Both him AND Matt Barkley can go in the top ten.
No way is he top 10. Maybe round 3. I would put up anything to bet he wont ever make is as a starter in the nfl.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #22
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 7,252 Times in 3,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
No way is he top 10. Maybe round 3. I would put up anything to bet he wont ever make is as a starter in the nfl.
You realize that he's the highest rated quarterback in this draft, right? Most boards have him going number one to the Chiefs because of his athleticism and accuracy. Say what you want, but he has an arm and he's made a living at that school throwing to average and mediocre WRs. He'll be the number one overall pick if the Chiefs have the first selection. Being completely honest, I don't know why he wasn't in the Heisman conversation at the end of the season. He played on an absolute trash team throwing to Tavon Austin and that's it. The fact that Klein was in the final 3 was an absolute travesty.

He won't get out of the top 5. Barkley, on the other hand, will probably slide to round 2 after his performance this year at USC. There's a better chance we'll trade Roethlisberger than Smith sliding out of the top 5.

Now, back on topic, I'd love for this trade to happen but I'm leaning towards the idea that in the end, we're going to keep and sign Wallace. I'm ok with both scenarios.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163

i would trade wallace for flowers. but it wont happen. i think wallace is gone at the end of the year.
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

I think he will come back. He hasn't really produced, but he has a good track record. Players have bad years, and maybe if we franchise tag him and bring him back, sees what he does next year and make our decision.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #25
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,612 Times in 1,977 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
I think he will come back. He hasn't really produced, but he has a good track record. Players have bad years, and maybe if we franchise tag him and bring him back, sees what he does next year and make our decision.
not worth the tag value. is he producing as a top 5 wr? no, and so he shouldnt get paid that much.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #26
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Mike Wallace and Mendy are gone! Good riddens to both of them.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #27
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

I think I worded this poorly. I'll try to explain it a little bit clearer:

Mike Wallace gets resigned by the Steelers for the sole purpose of being traded to the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to o.k the deal, and would in return, send Brandon Flowers our way. I'm not suggesting that Mike gets resigned and then we just stumble on a possible trade partner, but we'd work with the Chiefs on negotiating a contract they deemed fair and wouldn't mind taking on.

I'm not asking to bring him back, quite the opposite. If this is a possibility - which, I honestly think it is - we'd have the best secondary in football. Period. If we draft well, too, we could possibly be looking at a defense very similar to the '05 Steelers - dominate in all facets of the game.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #28
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 14,312 Times in 6,041 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I think I worded this poorly. I'll try to explain it a little bit clearer:

Mike Wallace gets resigned by the Steelers for the sole purpose of being traded to the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to o.k the deal, and would in return, send Brandon Flowers our way. I'm not suggesting that Mike gets resigned and then we just stumble on a possible trade partner, but we'd work with the Chiefs on negotiating a contract they deemed fair and wouldn't mind taking on.

I'm not asking to bring him back, quite the opposite. If this is a possibility - which, I honestly think it is - we'd have the best secondary in football. Period. If we draft well, too, we could possibly be looking at a defense very similar to the '05 Steelers - dominate in all facets of the game.
I got what you meant.

I was just pointing out that achieving a trade is difficult enough... adding the extra burden of trading a player who has to "agree to a franchise tag/agree to a new contract" before he can be traded is doubly as difficult.

That said, if Faulk can rush for 1,000 & receive 1,000 and still be traded, then ANYTHING can be done.

Again, I like the idea.

Disgruntled for disgruntled = win-win.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I got what you meant.

I was just pointing out that achieving a trade is difficult enough... adding the extra burden of trading a player who has to "agree to a franchise tag/agree to a new contract" before he can be traded is doubly as difficult.

That said, if Faulk can rush for 1,000 & receive 1,000 and still be traded, then ANYTHING can be done.

Again, I like the idea.

Disgruntled for disgruntled = win-win.
Oh absolutely. The extra details of hammering out a contract prior to him being traded would be a hassle and adding the fact that Kansas City would have to agree to it would make it painstakingly bad.

I really, really hope something like this happens. You're absolutely right, a disgruntled for a disgruntled would be best for these guys. Often times a change of scenery can bring out the best in a player, and I think that is what will happen here. Geno can throw to Mike, while Brandon can pick off Joey.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:09 AM   #30
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,625 Times in 761 Posts

I'd trade Mike Wallace for a 5-7th round draft pick at this point. No excuses should be made for his lack of work ethic, dropped passes, and failure to focus. He believes himself good enough to make the same kind of money as Larry Fitzgerald and then comes out and plays like absolute garbage. Mike Wallace is a fast guy with mediocre hands, mediocre blocking ability, and mediocre work ethic. He's had many opportunities this season to step up his game and he can't even catch balls that hit him square in the numbers. After this season I'd like to see him and good ol' Mendenhall either get flat out cut, or traded off for shitty draft pics like their buddy Santonio over in NY. IF we could get Brandon Flowers for Mike Wallace I'd be tickled pink because the Chiefs would be getting ripped off in that trade. I don't see the Chiefs wanting a smaller, faster version of Dwayne Bowe though.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote