Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #11
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438
Default Re: Mike Wallace not discouraged by booing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Fans aren't booing and scrutinizing you because you held out of camp. Fans are booing you because you are dropping more balls than you are catching. You can't catch a ball with your hands and are completely worthless unless the ball is delivered directly into your chest. Fans are booing you cause you've fumbled balls, dropped at least 4 guaranteed TD passes, dropped at least ten first down passes and your drops have led to a large number of punts, and or turnovers. Fans are booing you because you've created more harm for this team than you have production. Trust me Mike, weather you made camp or not, the lack of dedication and discipline you've displayed this season would still be getting boo'ed.
This is exactly right. I could care less if Wallace makes 100 million a game or one dollar a game, I just want him to start catching the dang football!
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #12
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I have defended Wallace at times and raked him across the coals other times. He started down this road by comparing his self to the top 2-3 receivers in the NFL, and by putting a ridiculous price on his services. Hold outs rarely work with the Steelers (if ever) and all he did was come in late and out of the loop with Haleys new plan. More than anything though I believe has been his lack of effort. Even with good games he does not appear to be all out for the team, not laying out for low balls, drops, fumbles. Do not underestimate him though, he is a great talent and worthy of trying to keep. If we can somehow come to an agreement i believe he will be more like he was the first three years. If on the other hand if he feels slighted by not receiving the amount he thinks he deserves then he could be no better than this year. One thing for certain, other teams will line up for him, just may not be as high as he thought going into this year.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Last I checked, he has caught quite a few balls, leads the team in receps, yards and TDs. Yet the drama continues.
Yeah. He was great in mop up time last week. Before that, not so much. Since he's one of the 2 starters and the other starter missed 3 games to injury, I would hope he leads the team in some receiving categories.
Mike Wallace has been a big disappointment this year. He's had a ton of drops and looks like he couldn't give a shit in some games.
His stats are almost identical to Heath's this year. Decent stats, but no where near #1 receiver production needed in today's NFL, nor is it near the $10M+ level payday he's looking for.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Yeah. He was great in mop up time last week. Before that, not so much. Since he's one of the 2 starters and the other starter missed 3 games to injury, I would hope he leads the team in some receiving categories.
Mike Wallace has been a big disappointment this year. He's had a ton of drops and looks like he couldn't give a shit in some games.
His stats are almost identical to Heath's this year. Decent stats, but no where near #1 receiver production needed in today's NFL, nor is it near the $10M+ level payday he's looking for.
His stats could be better but the dink and dunk doesn' get it to him, it is perfect for intermediate routes. He has earned the paycheck that the Steelers are paying him this season. If I recall correctly, he caught TD a few passes that compelled his team to victory this year.

You folks can hate on him all you want but the numbers don't lie (his complet history with the team). The guy has been a bargain for the money over the past four years. He has also been a professional throughout the negotiations and while playing for peanuts.

BTW, the whole team has been a disappointment this year, Mike didn't lose the games, the team did.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

one of the problems is that he still keeps talking about his "situation" and getting a contract - instead of talking about winning football games. He's certainly not among favorites such as Peyton Manning and Larry Fitgerald who never go there.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #16
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24256

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
His stats could be better but the dink and dunk doesn' get it to him, it is perfect for intermediate routes. He has earned the paycheck that the Steelers are paying him this season. If I recall correctly, he caught TD a few passes that compelled his team to victory this year.

You folks can hate on him all you want but the numbers don't lie (his complet history with the team). The guy has been a bargain for the money over the past four years. He has also been a professional throughout the negotiations and while playing for peanuts.

BTW, the whole team has been a disappointment this year, Mike didn't lose the games, the team did.

peanuts?

FYI, if wallass didnt want to play for 'peanuts' all he had to do was sign the huge contract that he was offered. he chose to play for this dollar amount.
he has been a bargain the first 3 years, that's why he was offered a ton of money. he didnt want it.
he would have been a terrible value this year if he did sign it.
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

A lot of people seem to dislike Wallace but he is leading our team in yards and touchdowns. Yes he has had more drops then normal but its still less then Megatron and some other top Wr's.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #18
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
And he shouldn't be. You are a grown man and if you have to take things like a man. He is handeling it the right way. If he lets it get to him it will only get worse for him and the team.

That said, as fans I think we should support our players on the field all in the name of winning. Off the field we can grumble all we want.
I agree. I 100% believe that his 'lackluster' performance this year has been almost purely psychological - that hold out cost him a great deal of respect and when you're under the microscope because of it, the pressure had become a little much. Whether he's with us in the coming years or not, I hope he'll have learned a valuable lesson about greed.

He is talented, but he allowed himself to get talked into believing he was the son of god. His current mindset suggests that he's at least over that a bit of delusion.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #19
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

For those of you who think the animosity is because he dropped a few balls, clearly are not paying attention to when Wallace plays or define playing the game of football differently then most of us. If you need me to explain it, I will. Same with Mendenhall, except Mendenhall is worse. His mouth doesn't know when to shut up, or his twit for a brain on the keyboard. If I wanted to read morons write nonsense I would go buy a subscription to the National Enquirer. Play football and keep your worthless nonsense to yourself.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
For those of you who think the animosity is because he dropped a few balls, clearly are not paying attention to when Wallace plays or define playing the game of football differently then most of us.If you need me to explain it, I will. Same with Mendenhall, except Mendenhall is worse. His mouth doesn't know when to shut up, or his twit for a brain on the keyboard. If I wanted to read morons write nonsense I would go buy a subscription to the National Enquirer. Play football and keep your worthless nonsense to yourself.
Splain it Lucy, since you volunteered.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote