Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 12-15-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802
Default Re: Mike Wallace not discouraged by booing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
For those of you who think the animosity is because he dropped a few balls, clearly are not paying attention to when Wallace plays or define playing the game of football differently then most of us. If you need me to explain it, I will. Same with Mendenhall, except Mendenhall is worse. His mouth doesn't know when to shut up, or his twit for a brain on the keyboard. If I wanted to read morons write nonsense I would go buy a subscription to the National Enquirer. Play football and keep your worthless nonsense to yourself.
Personally, I believe in his right to free speech. Being a football player doesn't exclude him from that right. Of course, that same right allows you call foul on whatever he says as well. Gotta love America!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,155 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Splain it Lucy, since you volunteered.
Watch how he finishes plays. He is trying his hardest not to get hit, always diving to the ground 2 secs before he is getting hit. Never comes back for the ball. And that cost the Steelers a huge first down in the Baltimore game in Pittsburgh.

He is playing scared, that is why he has been shitty this year. He is thinking so much about his money, he doesn't want to get hurt. That is why he is dropping balls and playing like a dickhead.

He will cost us a play when it matters. That is my fear. Tomlin axed Mendenhall for this and I am very comfortable with it. I would not play Mendenhall the rest of the year. As far as Wallace, throw the ball to him on 1st downs, and on downs that aren't crucial. He is a choker and will drop the ball or not give enough effort on a play if you give it to him on an important play.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #23
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 11,437 Times in 4,804 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Tomlin axed Mendenhall for this and I am very comfortable with it.
no, Tomlin suspended Mendenhall for not showing up on game day when he had been placed on the inactive list, big difference...
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Watch how he finishes plays. He is trying his hardest not to get hit, always diving to the ground 2 secs before he is getting hit. Never comes back for the ball. And that cost the Steelers a huge first down in the Baltimore game in Pittsburgh.

He is playing scared, that is why he has been shitty this year. He is thinking so much about his money, he doesn't want to get hurt. That is why he is dropping balls and playing like a dickhead.

He will cost us a play when it matters. That is my fear. Tomlin axed Mendenhall for this and I am very comfortable with it. I would not play Mendenhall the rest of the year. As far as Wallace, throw the ball to him on 1st downs, and on downs that aren't crucial. He is a choker and will drop the ball or not give enough effort on a play if you give it to him on an important play.
Did you miss the winning, almost impossible catch in the end zone? And what about the winning TD 51 yard run against the Giants? Some of you want to cherry pick the negative plays, and ignore the positive ones. The positives far outweigh the negative since Mike has been on this team. If we were to start looking at ALL of our player's mistakes, none would be left standing. They all make errors, yes Ben does too. Stop acting like children and be willing to have straight up dialogue about this.

We can have our own opinions, but facts don't belong to any of us, they are what they are. Wanna talk, lets do it.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Did you miss the winning, almost impossible catch in the end zone? And what about the winning TD 51 yard run against the Giants? Some of you want to cherry pick the negative plays, and ignore the positive ones. The positives far outweigh the negative since Mike has been on this team. If we were to start looking at ALL of our player's mistakes, none would be left standing. They all make errors, yes Ben does too. Stop acting like children and be willing to have straight up dialogue about this.

We can have our own opinions, but facts don't belong to any of us, they are what they are. Wanna talk, lets do it.
Wallace and Mendenhall won't be Steelers after this season. So, arguing semantics is a waste of time. Wallace and Mendenhall are selfish players. They can go do their diva acts somewhere else. And it looks like the Rooney's will think the same.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Wallace and Mendenhall won't be Steelers after this season. So, arguing semantics is a waste of time. Wallace and Mendenhall are selfish players. They can go do their diva acts somewhere else. And it looks like the Rooney's will think the same.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...s-deal-sources
shocked when I saw this
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #27
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Okay

Again, absent of facts.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
ChristianKustomz
Starter

Member Number: 24383

I think Walace's comment of "it doesn't really matter" attitude speaks for his look at everything. He's over paid and isn't worth a lick. He plays like garbage and he doesn't care about it. As he says...he doesn't care and that's his take on everything he does and it shows in his horrible playing all season. Let's be done with him and just fire his worthless butt from the team. He can run fast to unemployment but probably won't catch a break. Lol!
ChristianKustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,407 Times in 4,388 Posts

I'm glad he doesn't have thin skin at least.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #30
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Okay

Again, absent of facts.
The (bleep) do you want? A written letter from Dan Rooney to post on here?