Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #31
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,689 Times in 5,239 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Mike Wallace not discouraged by booing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKustomz View Post
I think Walace's comment of "it doesn't really matter" attitude speaks for his look at everything. He's over paid and isn't worth a lick.
I don't think Wallace is overpaid at all, in fact he has definitely outperformed his contract.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I don't think Wallace is overpaid at all, in fact he has definitely outperformed his contract.
Agreed. Wallace is way underpaid and all these members who think he shouldnt be here are nuts. He's the best WR on our team.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #33
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Agreed. Wallace is way underpaid and all these members who think he shouldnt be here are nuts. He's the best WR on our team.
While I would agree that he has been underpaid for his productivity in his career thus far, I will not agree with you that he is the best receiver on this team. I am starting to wonder if he isn't the 3rd best receiver on this team.

He has the worst hands of the bunch. He runs garbage routes. All he has is his speed and teams have pretty much figured him out. All he can do is run deep or the screen, and that's if he catches the ball.

At this point, he really isn't good for anything else other than a distraction which is why he was demoted.

He is a one trick pony, and that one trick is only good for a play every 3 or 4 games now. I hope he does get paid, he does deserve it. I just hope it isn't here.
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
While I would agree that he has been underpaid for his productivity in his career thus far, I will not agree with you that he is the best receiver on this team. I am starting to wonder if he isn't the 3rd best receiver on this team.

He has the worst hands of the bunch. He runs garbage routes. All he has is his speed and teams have pretty much figured him out. All he can do is run deep or the screen, and that's if he catches the ball.

At this point, he really isn't good for anything else other than a distraction which is why he was demoted.

He is a one trick pony, and that one trick is only good for a play every 3 or 4 games now. I hope he does get paid, he does deserve it. I just hope it isn't here.
If he is our 3rd worst we have serious issues. He leads our WR's in yards and touchdowns. Everyone talks about the drops but he is average there and there are a lot more wr's who you consider better who have more drops. A lot of people only loo at his drops instead of all his good plays and every single receiver to ever play this game has numerous drops
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #35
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Wallace won't be a Steeler next year regardless.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #36
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,670 Posts

great effort by wallace on the OT interception, does he stood there and watched the defender get up and start running before he even thought about trying to tackle him...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #37
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

You know, maybe Steelers fans should be more angry at Brown than Wallace. Yeah, Wallace held out, but Brown actually took the money and has underachieved thus far.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #38
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 12,689 Times in 5,239 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
You know, maybe Steelers fans should be more angry at Brown than Wallace. Yeah, Wallace held out, but Brown actually took the money and has underachieved thus far.

Brown was just as glum, just as willing to accept blame. With the Steelers ahead 24-17 and 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter, he returned a punt 22 yards. However, Victor Butler stripped him of the ball, Dallas teammate John Phillips recovered at the Steelers 44 and the Cowboys (8-6) made good on it when DeMarco Murray ran three yards untouched up the middle on third down to knot the game back up with 6:55 left.

Mike Tomlin put the loss squarely on Brown.

"We allowed them to remain in the game, and we lost the game because of it," Tomlin said. "We had a lead, we had a punt return. It was going to be good field position. We put the ball on the ground."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2FHPo6p41
Old 12-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #39
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
great effort by wallace on the OT interception, does he stood there and watched the defender get up and start running before he even thought about trying to tackle him...

yeah - i saw that too and couldn't believe it on replay again. He just stood there and watched the guy run right by with it. The tiny kickers put more effort into it than that trying to tackle somebody.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote