Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128
Default Re: Offensive Woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Ben is also falling back into the habit of locking onto one route. Earlier in the year, he would cycle through his reads and deliver.
I agree. He's trying to do too much, but haleys playcalling is the shit and I believe defenses have figured them out. No creativity and got to love all the bubble screens lol
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
steelersfan299
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24619

I'm concerned about the pass-rush and the running game.
steelersfan299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Somebody really doesn't like Ben. Perhaps his line should block and his WRs should catch the balls. Nah, that makes too much sense. BOOOOOO! BEN SUCKS! BOOOOOO!
I like Ben, loved him from the beginning. But I like to think that I can tell when he's really on the top of his game. And right now, he's not. I've seen him play better and I know he's got in him.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Maybe if AB holds onto the ball on that punt return the Steelers have a chance to close out.

Memo to Yinzer nation - you need to get over your hatred of QBs.
maybe if ben didnt throw a pick in OT
maybe if the o-line didnt allow 2 sacks in a row in the 4q
maybe if taylor wasn't injured
maybe if we didnt give up big returns on ST
maybe if our defense wasn't overplaying pass on 3rd and goal
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #25
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I like Ben, loved him from the beginning. But I like to think that I can tell when he's really on the top of his game. And right now, he's not. I've seen him play better and I know he's got in him.
So it's Ben's fault the Loose Change Crew drop passes? It's his fault his o-line blew nutsack today?

Look, no one is saying Ben had a great game. But if you look at all of the issues this team faces, he's nowhere close to being a problem. Focus more of your disappointment on the team elsewhere.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
So who noticed we threw bubble screens AGAIN? And they didn't work, AGAIN!
They worked perfectly for Dallas when they ran them, anyone else notice that....Seems that happens a lot, the bubble screen looks well for whoever we are playing against....I'm guessing thats how it SUPPOSED to be working for us too, but they don't.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #27
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Quote:
Maybe if AB holds onto the ball on that punt return the Steelers have a chance to close out.

Memo to Yinzer nation - you need to get over your hatred of QBs.
My post wasnt a knock on Big Ben....Just sayin' tats why he COULDNT finish out the game...Not #7's fault IMO
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #28
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerMania83 View Post
My post wasnt a knock on Big Ben....Just sayin' tats why he COULDNT finish out the game...Not #7's fault IMO
I know what you were saying. Was just making a point to those blaming Ben for everything and ignoring the other glaring issues that are making this team crumble.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Anyone Else worried that Ben might of Been concussed by ware's blow to the head......

Goodell would love for a way to sit out one of our players for next weeks game I bet

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I may be the only one thinking this, but I think the defense is playing "decent". I know by the end of the game it looks like they have played crappy. But go back to the Chargers game, the Chargers got the ball 5 times in the first quarter and a half, twice on a short field, and the defense only gave up 7 points. That was with Ike out, Lewis playing injured, and Brown playing so poorly that he was benched. Now your defense shouldn't even be on the field much more then 5 times in a half, yet the offense was so terrible that it was seemingly always out there. Not to mention the field position game is a nightmare. I don't know the exact statistics but I would be willing to bet that we start within our own 15 yard line 75% of the time. There is always a penalty of some sort. That in turn usually leads to our defense guarding a short field.

I'm not going to sit here and say that our defense is great. Lewis is playing injured and Taylor is out, in a year where CB's are more important then ever. Our pass rush is often non existent plus Woodley is is always getting injured. Our backup CB's are terrible and Polamalu is often out of place. It looks bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as it looks. As I mentioned, there is a lot of improvement needed, but lately we can't get the ball past the 50 yard line. I put nearly all our problems right now on the offense and Tomlin. Our WR's drop a lot of passes and fumble, our O line is inconsistent, and perhaps even scarier then any of that: Ben has appeared to have lost his magic. He plays well during the game, but he's definitely not been Mr Clutch like he used to be. I've said in the beginning of the year that if the defense can just do decent that we can/will win a SB, now it's the other way around. The defense is playing well enough for the offense to win games. The offense is just pathetic, and since we have a good O coordinator, an elite QB, and tons of talent on the O line and skill positions, I really don't see how it can/will improve.