Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
RavensNumberOne
Water Boy

Member Number: 24073
Default Flacco vs Big Baby Ben

Flacco has led game-winning drives against the Steelers in Pittsburgh TWO years in a row. Not to mention Tebow picked apart your D and he's the most inaccurate QB in football.

Flacco didnt choke in the playoffs last year, Evans and Cundiff did. He out played Brady at his own place and was a dropped TD from the SB. I really don't see how he NEVER steps up in big games (I know he doesn't all the time, but he definitely has in his career). Hell, Peyton didn't go to the SB until his 9th season and he's one of the best in the league.

Not to mention Flacco had to throw to rookies and first year starters all season after the lockout.

Do you honestly think Big Ben was the reason the Steelers won their Superbowls? He had the lowest passer rating for a winning QB in SB history and he played like shit in the last one he played in against a team that was mostly playing their backups. If he didn't have a good defense, he'd be in the same boat as Flacco.

I know Flacco had a bad season statistically this past year and that had to do with reason #2. Not an excuse, but those were top-10 defenses he was facing (in fact I think he played the most top-10 Ds in the league last year). But Flacco HAS had clutch moments (2008 playoffs against TEN, 2 games in Pittsburgh, the game in Atlanta 2 two years ago, the AFC champ. this past year (if Evans holds onto the damn ball)). He may not do it enough or consistently but he doesnt always choke.

Flacco has the most wins in NFL history for a QB in their first 4 years, but no Super Bowls. Not every team is going to have instant success with a young QB like the Pats and Steelers, and I can live with that. Like I said before, Peyton puts up good numbers all the time and only went to his first Super Bowl in his 9th season.

I keep forgetting some of you Steelers fans think you're God's ****ing gift to the world and bitch and whine when someone tells you otherwise (Don't forget your "WE GOT 6 RINGS" excuse whenever they lose). Must still be mad that Flacco "sucks" so bad yet owned your team the last 2 years.
RavensNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Flacco vs Big Baby Ben

big ben has more super bowl wins than flacco has eyebrows
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNumberOne View Post
If he didn't have a good defense, he'd be in the same boat as Flacco.
So what's Flacco's excuse? Seems to me Ravens fans are always bragging about how superior the Ravens defense is to the Steelers.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Faggo's a piece of shit.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,769 Posts

[YOUTUBE]B8_tReTF4LI&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ipFrOQfXyjI&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
So what's Flacco's excuse? Seems to me Ravens fans are always bragging about how superior the Ravens defense is to the Steelers.
if it wasn't for losing, the ravens would have went to the super bowl?
Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,923 Times in 779 Posts

I thought I smelt a Rat. Hey listen, purple-turd, I'm hoping and downright PRAYING that your fraudulent organization gives the big bucks to Flacco. Honestly, there is no other QB in the entire LEAGUE that I'd rather face than Flaccid and that's the truth. He has choke written all over him and can only beat Ben when he's sitting on the sidelines. Week 1 was a fantasy, as proven by the Torey Smith pushoff, I mean the second meeting between the two last season.

No doubt that Flacco succumbs to the pressure of a healthy LaMarr Woodley, who has eaten Flaccid's LUNCH his entire career. In every one of the majority wins over the years over the Steelers, they have been without either Ben, or a top-notch defensive player. Baltimore simply gets lucky & got lucky league-wide last season.

Last season was a season for the average. The usual mediocre teams were givin' one year to stand up and make some noise, Baltimore being one of them. Instead of taking advantage of last year's cryptic and DOWNRIGHT unorthodox football season, they were too busy going wide left.

Now, the NFL will be tighter and I guarantee you the Steelers are out for blood. You lost your shot. That was in 2011. Enjoy being second fiddle. Quote the Raven, Nevermore, lmao. Frauds.

HERE WE GO!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,304 Posts

Moving to the blast furnace. Let err rip.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Faggo's a piece of shit.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,923 Times in 779 Posts

Meanwhile, at OP's house:

http://youtu.be/w14suGh40-w

I also can't believe this deadbeat comes in here and wants to trash Ben sorely on his 2005 Super Bowl and completely disregarding Ben's entire run in 2005. We rode Ben's arm to Super Bowl XL and that's as evident as it comes. Also, does this purple-fairy want to bring up the defense card? For the most of Flacco's career, especially last season, Flaccid has looked like a complete JOKE, really standing toe to toe against Sanchez on that Sunday night as to who was the worse quarterback on the field. Hell, just look at how he controlled that offense against Houston in the divisional round. Pathetic. If it wasn't for the defense forcing like, 5 turnovers against a 3rd string QB at home, then it's New England/Houston.

Makes me laugh every time that they choked everything last season, lmao. Now they are back to square one: MISSION BEAT PITTSBURGH.

Not happening son, not happening.