Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2012, 02:34 AM   #21
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Default Re: Arizona Might be Interested in Todd Haley

Is there any of the Steelers FA's that won't end up in Arizona next year?

I'm thinking Foote, Foster, Hampton, Mendenhall, Mundy, and Wallace all have at least outside chances of landing in Arizona.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #22
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

There is nothing wrong with Haley as an OC. Ben hasn't been used as a pinata this season, our OL has been hit by injuries but have managed to play well in spite of that, our RB's arent very good. All of us arm chair coaches criticize the play calling but this team this season has turned the ball over by fumbling at critical times, and way too many dropped passes. You can blame coaches all you want, but these guys are supposed to be professionals making lots of money, too much money to be making or not making plays.We have a player leadership void, that happens when your leaders for years are gone (Ward, Farrior).
My biggest concern (i hope I'm wrong) is that we may be looking at a return to the eighties, our star players getting old, not replacing them properly through the draft, seems a little reminiscent to me.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #23
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,642 Posts
My Mood: Fine

The OC isn't a major concern. 3 words: Mother Lovin Fumblin

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Probably has much more respect for Whiz though.

I brought up Kirby Wilson earlier. Yinzer nation would like him because he's a RB coach, and Ben really seems to have a tremendous amount of respect for him. Not sure if it could happen, but it could be a win win for everyone.
What's Wilson's experience, other than being a family friend and terrible running backs coach?
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,454 Times in 1,642 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog78 View Post
What's Wilson's experience, other than being a family friend and terrible running backs coach?
Yea, we don't need another Roethlisberger buddy to feed his ego and result in more sacks. Ben wants to be a gun-slinger? Fine - I'll just start tuning him out. He obviously thinks he is above having to transform his game to be even better than he is now.

VERY disappointing Steelers team. Hell - I liked the 06' 8-8 squad better than this pile of garbage with bad attitudes and no heart.

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
There is nothing wrong with Haley as an OC. Ben hasn't been used as a pinata this season, our OL has been hit by injuries but have managed to play well in spite of that, our RB's arent very good. All of us arm chair coaches criticize the play calling but this team this season has turned the ball over by fumbling at critical times, and way too many dropped passes. You can blame coaches all you want, but these guys are supposed to be professionals making lots of money, too much money to be making or not making plays.We have a player leadership void, that happens when your leaders for years are gone (Ward, Farrior).
My biggest concern (i hope I'm wrong) is that we may be looking at a return to the eighties, our star players getting old, not replacing them properly through the draft, seems a little reminiscent to me.
Agreed. I don't remember any point in this season where he had to sit out because of injuries....

GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #27
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
They can have him and they can take Tomlin too if they want.
Yeah and then maybe we could get that guy from Indy...
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #28
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,130 Times in 3,912 Posts

Tomlin isn't going anywhere so stop saying stupid things.

Here's what I'd like to see, assuming Todd does head off to be the HC of the Cardinals.

Norv Turner as OC

Look, he can't be a head coach in this league - that was made pretty apparent in San Diego. However, he is a pretty good offensive minded guy and would fit well with Roethlisberger. His quiet demeanor is the exact opposite of Haley, and would put a good scheme in to fit with our WRs. Having Mike Wallace run underneath routes has been one of the failures of this offense, but I feel as if Norv would recognize and fix that situation. We have too many options and weapons on offense for us to be ranked 19th in the NFL. This is a top 10, arguably top 5, offense if given the chance. Norv would bring out the best in all of these guys and under Tomlin, would excel as our coordinator.

Raheem Morris as DC

Remember this guy? I always thought he was a scapegoat and fired from Tampa Bay as a way to save other jobs He wasn't a bad coach - far from it - but he was inexperienced. He's also one of the smartest defensive guys in the league and is currently employed well below the quality of his coaching. On top of that, Tomlin worked for him in Tampa Bay so there's an element of trust and experience with these guys together. While I wouldn't necessarily be sold on him bringing in a 4-3 defense, I feel as if he could adjust and improve his defensive strategy to help develop and move on from our zone-blitz scheme. If that doesn't work ...

Rex Ryan as our DC

Now, before I get yelled at, hear me out for a second. Is the guy a clown? Absolutely. Does he open his mouth and talk too much, often not saying anything at all? You bet. He's also a defensive genius and when given a defense like ours - with possible draft picks like Jordan, Mosley, Johnson, McDonald, Lester, etc. - he could do great things here. He'd be on a leash and wouldn't be allowed to talk to media, but I think he could do great things here. Under Tomlin who wouldn't tolerate his bullshit he might finally succeed and would have a team that could compete and beat Belichick - something he seems hell-bent on doing.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #29
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Head Coach

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 1,743 Times in 825 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Tomlin isn't going anywhere so stop saying stupid things.

Here's what I'd like to see, assuming Todd does head off to be the HC of the Cardinals.

Norv Turner as OC

Look, he can't be a head coach in this league - that was made pretty apparent in San Diego. However, he is a pretty good offensive minded guy and would fit well with Roethlisberger. His quiet demeanor is the exact opposite of Haley, and would put a good scheme in to fit with our WRs. Having Mike Wallace run underneath routes has been one of the failures of this offense, but I feel as if Norv would recognize and fix that situation. We have too many options and weapons on offense for us to be ranked 19th in the NFL. This is a top 10, arguably top 5, offense if given the chance. Norv would bring out the best in all of these guys and under Tomlin, would excel as our coordinator.

Raheem Morris as DC

Remember this guy? I always thought he was a scapegoat and fired from Tampa Bay as a way to save other jobs He wasn't a bad coach - far from it - but he was inexperienced. He's also one of the smartest defensive guys in the league and is currently employed well below the quality of his coaching. On top of that, Tomlin worked for him in Tampa Bay so there's an element of trust and experience with these guys together. While I wouldn't necessarily be sold on him bringing in a 4-3 defense, I feel as if he could adjust and improve his defensive strategy to help develop and move on from our zone-blitz scheme. If that doesn't work ...

Rex Ryan as our DC

Now, before I get yelled at, hear me out for a second. Is the guy a clown? Absolutely. Does he open his mouth and talk too much, often not saying anything at all? You bet. He's also a defensive genius and when given a defense like ours - with possible draft picks like Jordan, Mosley, Johnson, McDonald, Lester, etc. - he could do great things here. He'd be on a leash and wouldn't be allowed to talk to media, but I think he could do great things here. Under Tomlin who wouldn't tolerate his bullshit he might finally succeed and would have a team that could compete and beat Belichick - something he seems hell-bent on doing.
Keith Butler will be our next DC, & i cant see Haley leaving next year unless he has a HC job but i dont think it will happen..
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,130 Times in 3,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
Keith Butler will be our next DC, & i cant see Haley leaving next year unless he has a HC job but i dont think it will happen..
As plausible as this is, I think we need to move past LeBeau's defensive philosophy and move on to a different line of thinking - one that isn't about containing WRs and giving up the short gains, but attacking at the line, jamming WRs and creating turnovers.

Raheem Morris would bring in a different defensive philosophy and change in ideology for this team - one I think it desperately needs.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote