Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #61
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513
Default Re: Arizona Might be Interested in Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
And add that Art II views the organization as running a business, probably the most profitable one in the league too. I would rather trust the Rooneys than putting the team in the hands of someone else, I believe the tradition needs to be upheld. It wouldn't surprise me if he is pulling Tomlin's strings. In fact I think Tomlin is probably in the worst position in the NFL with the amount of scrutiny and pressure that is one him to deliver results as the most valued team in the NFL

I would hate to have his job. I could only imagine what kind of meeting was held after the 80 yard touchdown Tebow threw. And after this season, who knows what kind of changes Tomlin will have to do to please the owners.

I hope I'm not portraying them as some dark overlords, but the Rooneys don't seem the type to really accept mediocrity and poor play. I'm sure with Tomlin's success at HC he's had some wiggle room to run it how he wants, but that may change after this season.

But who really knows what goes on behind the scenes...
Are you kidding me? Bill Cowher stayed around quite a while without delivering. I just hope they don't become like JJ in Dal or the former Al Davis in Oak and let the football folks do what they hired them to do.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #62
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Are you kidding me? Bill Cowher stayed around quite a while without delivering. I just hope they don't become like JJ in Dal or the former Al Davis in Oak and let the football folks do what they hired them to do.
That's the thing - if this was happening to the Cowboys, Raiders, or Redskins we'd be laughing our asses off at what a joke those organizations are. But when Art wants to meddle, it's okay and anyone that's against it is an Arians lover, a Ravens fan, a Browns fan, a fag, riding Ben's pole, a Lebeau hater, an even bigger fag, etc, etc....
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
stairway27 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #63
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
IMO I think it's difficult to really grade our running backs. IMO our O-line is one of the worst at run blocking in the NFL. ... we struggle to get any push. Yea I don't think we have any HOF running backs...but I think with a good run blocking O-line our opinions might be different. We've got speed backs, we've got power backs... none of them can get anything going.
So what do you suggest?? we invest more picks in that o line. No way!! We have a first and second in last years draft that have done shit. Gilbert; nothing!! Pouncey another first rounder has played well. Point is; the steelers have invested heavily into the oline to a point where many other positions were left neglected. So either these guys aren't drafting properly; or the coaches aren't doing there part to get the talent out of the high picks on this oline
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #64
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
That's the thing - if this was happening to the Cowboys, Raiders, or Redskins we'd be laughing our asses off at what a joke those organizations are. But when Art wants to meddle, it's okay and anyone that's against it is an Arians lover, a Ravens fan, a Browns fan, a fag, riding Ben's pole, a Lebeau hater, an even bigger fag, etc, etc....
I hear ya bro, just don't believe the hype. Although, it makes for good board drama.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #65
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
So what do you suggest?? we invest more picks in that o line. No way!! We have a first and second in last years draft that have done shit. Gilbert; nothing!! Pouncey another first rounder has played well. Point is; the steelers have invested heavily into the oline to a point where many other positions were left neglected. So either these guys aren't drafting properly; or the coaches aren't doing there part to get the talent out of the high picks on this oline
I think you might be on to something....

Who do we draft in round 1? I'm guessing the most talented player at RB, ILB, DT, OT, or DB. I see no reason to reach... take who falls to us... isn't that how we usually draft?

2nd round... same thing. We've got too many holes to fill to really reach for anyone.

As we've found out this year.. you really cant have too much depth on the O-line. We also really need an upgrade at ILB imo.... Hampton needs a replacement as well... I'd like to see us go to Free Agency to fill a hole this offseason. I know that's not how we do things but I think we may not have a choice.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #66
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,040 Times in 7,615 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Or, they have been injured.

The Colon, DD, Pouncey, Adams, & Gilbert have all missed significant amounts of time.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #67
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,040 Times in 7,615 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
1. Yet another thread hijacked with four pages of "I hate the Rooneys." Dude, we get it. We got it fifteen threads ago...

2. From what I've seen, in regards to name-calling...

YOU usually start out by making a statement... and then adding the obligatory "If anyone disagrees with me, then I must be an Arians lover." Has ANYONE actually called you any of the names that you claim to have been called? Or, is it like I said, you are yourself are "claiming" that people are saying these things?

2-a. Better yet, I seem to recall you being the one who habitually calls people "Yinzers" and "drunks."

3. I like Norv as an OC. He did wonders in Dallas, Washington, & Oakland... and even now, when he game-plans effectively in San Diego, they are basically a scoring machine. [The dude just can NOT be a HC.]
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #68
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
I think you might be on to something....

Who do we draft in round 1? I'm guessing the most talented player at RB, ILB, DT, OT, or DB. I see no reason to reach... take who falls to us... isn't that how we usually draft?

2nd round... same thing. We've got too many holes to fill to really reach for anyone.

As we've found out this year.. you really cant have too much depth on the O-line. We also really need an upgrade at ILB imo.... Hampton needs a replacement as well... I'd like to see us go to Free Agency to fill a hole this offseason. I know that's not how we do things but I think we may not have a choice.
Yup madtown I agree with all you said except spending anymore high picks on the o line. We can add depth to that area in the later rounds. We NEED to help out in this order 1. rb . 2 cb. After that; pick your positions. But oline maybe 6th or 7th.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #69
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
1. Yet another thread hijacked with four pages of "I hate the Rooneys." Dude, we get it. We got it fifteen threads ago...
Apparently I have to repeat, because I've made clear I think Art is just a rotten apple from the family tree. I'm hoping Dan Rooney comes back and sets things straight.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #70
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,143 Times in 3,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Or, they have been injured.

The Colon, DD, Pouncey, Adams, & Gilbert have all missed significant amounts of time.
Teegre, you didn't honestly assume these guys were going to let fact get in their way of saying ridiculous things without merit, did you?
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-18-2012)