Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: In a Pats 49ers Super Bowl

You guys sound so insecure lol.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,806 Times in 2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
You guys sound so insecure lol.
After last night feeling as good about your prospects?

IMO the Pats are going to Denver (assuming the Broncos can deal with those powerhouses from Cleveland and KC the next 2 weeks)
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
After last night feeling as good about your prospects?

IMO the Pats are going to Denver (assuming the Broncos can deal with those powerhouses from Cleveland and KC the next 2 weeks)
I'm even more confident. Teams don't score on San Fran. They definitely don't close 28 point deficits in a single half. That was an amazing performance.

How do you feel about a San Fran v New England rematch? Honestly think San Fran will be on the lucky end of 4 uncharacteristic turn overs and hold a 28 point cushion?
Doubt it. Any 49'er fan who says he'll be happy to see New England waiting for them in the Superbowl is lying. That's a rematch they don't want.

When it's all said and done, I can easily see last nights game being reminiscent of the 2007 Patriots barely getting past the Giants at the end of the regular season only to lose to them in the Superbowl.

A few thoughts on Denver:
The new flavor of the month for the fickle fans. All the same people who, in the first half of the season, were absolutely positive the Ravens were going to smash everyone in the AFC, have switched ships to Denver, not because of an improved Bronco play, but because its obvious the Ravens will do no such thing.

Here are a few indisputable facts:

Fact #1:
The Broncos play in the most pathetic division in the NFL. The three teams in the AFC West that aren't Denver have a combined record of 11 and 31.
The Chargers are 5 and 9.
Oakland is 4 and 10.
Kansas City is 2 and 12.

If Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers were in the AFC West they would have about five billion yards and ten thousand touchdown passes on the season. The AFC West is like shooting fish in a barrel. Manning playing lights out quarterback this year? Please.

Fact #2: Everytime the Broncos have played a real contender this season, the kind of contender they'll see in the play offs, they've been squashed. Now all of a sudden they're going to come out of the laughable AFC West and run a post season gauntlet against everyone? Please.

Fact #3: Whether you love him or not, there is no denying that Peyon Manning's stats in the post season have ALWAYS been a joke. He is a known choker in big games against big teams. Even the year he won the Superbowl he threw, in the play offs and Superbowl, a total of three touchdown passes and SEVEN interceptions. He's been throwing some of the most wobbly, ugly, high school looking spirals I've seen in the NFL this season and if he was anywhere but the AFC West he would have about 20 interceptions throwing that garbage around the field.

Denver can't hang with New England and Denver can't hang with Texas. Both teams are the end of the road for Denver. FACT.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
I'm even more confident. Teams don't score on San Fran. They definitely don't close 28 point deficits in a single half. That was an amazing performance.

How do you feel about a San Fran v New England rematch? Honestly think San Fran will be on the lucky end of 4 uncharacteristic turn overs and hold a 28 point cushion?
Doubt it. Any 49'er fan who says he'll be happy to see New England waiting for them in the Superbowl is lying. That's a rematch they don't want.

When it's all said and done, I can easily see last nights game being reminiscent of the 2007 Patriots barely getting past the Giants at the end of the regular season only to lose to them in the Superbowl.

A few thoughts on Denver:
The new flavor of the month for the fickle fans. All the same people who, in the first half of the season, were absolutely positive the Ravens were going to smash everyone in the AFC, have switched ships to Denver, not because of an improved Bronco play, but because its obvious the Ravens will do no such thing.

Here are a few indisputable facts:

Fact #1:
The Broncos play in the most pathetic division in the NFL. The three teams in the AFC West that aren't Denver have a combined record of 11 and 31.
The Chargers are 5 and 9.
Oakland is 4 and 10.
Kansas City is 2 and 12.

If Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers were in the AFC West they would have about five billion yards and ten thousand touchdown passes on the season. The AFC West is like shooting fish in a barrel. Manning playing lights out quarterback this year? Please.

Fact #2: Everytime the Broncos have played a real contender this season, the kind of contender they'll see in the play offs, they've been squashed. Now all of a sudden they're going to come out of the laughable AFC West and run a post season gauntlet against everyone? Please.

Fact #3: Whether you love him or not, there is no denying that Peyon Manning's stats in the post season have ALWAYS been a joke. He is a known choker in big games against big teams. Even the year he won the Superbowl he threw, in the play offs and Superbowl, a total of three touchdown passes and SEVEN interceptions. He's been throwing some of the most wobbly, ugly, high school looking spirals I've seen in the NFL this season and if he was anywhere but the AFC West he would have about 20 interceptions throwing that garbage around the field.

Denver can't hang with New England and Denver can't hang with Texas. Both teams are the end of the road for Denver. FACT.
If the Pats gave up 41 to the 49ers thay are capabale of giving up 41 to Denver - if you are more confident than ever after the Pats screwed up the bye last night you are in denial

If Denver had to return to New England the Broncos would be screwed - but now New England has lost the bye and will get to play 2 road games - the Pats have never gone to the Super Bowl under that scenario and like most teams are more formidable at home than on the road

Falcons were big winners yesterday - San Francisco and Green Bay will play each other on the second week of teh playoffs while the Falcons probably get a team out of the NFC East, all of whom the Falcons have already beaten this year

I would be surprised if the 49ers make it past Green Bay and then also win in Atlanta - their best hope is that Seattle plays Atlanta
Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
If the Pats gave up 41 to the 49ers thay are capabale of giving up 41 to Denver - if you are more confident than ever after the Pats screwed up the bye last night you are in denial

If Denver had to return to New England the Broncos would be screwed - but now New England has lost the bye and will get to play 2 road games - the Pats have never gone to the Super Bowl under that scenario and like most team are more formidable at home than on the road

Falcons were big winners yesterday - San Francisco and Green bay will play each other while the Falcons probably get a team out of the NFC East, all of whom the Falcons have already beaten this year

I would be surprised if the 49ers make it past Green Bat and then also win in Atlanta
Not saying the situation is optimal but over their last three meetings Brady has a combined total of about six billion points against Denver. I think NE can contain Manning enough and Denver can't contain Brady at all.

Another thing worth raising is that Gronk and Hernandez, when together, on the field at the same time, is nearly unblockable, and despite NE having the #1 offense in the league, it's something the Patriots haven't been able to demonstrate since the 1st quarter of week 1. We'll have that threat back in the play offs.

I'd rather play everyone in Gillette but I also truly believe that there's a large gap between the Patriots and the second best team in the AFC, whoever that might be.

And you never know, Denver could drop one of these games in the next two weeks.

I just don't have a high opinion of Denver's defense against New England or Peyton Manning's QB play in big games. He's a dome quarterback who made his legacy in an expansion division by beating up nobodies and than playing like shit in the play offs.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

I really want to avoid seeming arrogant or over confident but this Patriot team isn't like the 2010 14-2 team that dominated the regular season than went down in flames to a team they beat 3 weeks earlier 45-3. This Patriot team has true grit. It's a much tougher, physical, hungry football team that I think has a lot of heart.

This team is the best Patriot team we've fielded since 2004, the kind of team that can run a post season gauntlet without needing every little thing to go their way.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #17
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

It's also worth pointing out that, unlike previous years, the Patriots have played what appears to be the toughest schedule in football this year. Ravens, Seahawks, Denver, a travel to London, the Colts, the Texans and the 49'ers.

Prior to the 49'ers loss they were a combined total of 4 points away from being undefeated through all of it, with the loses either under the questionable dominion of replacement officials and being forgivable in that they were at the beginning of the season.

Unlike the Pats of recent years who have gone into the play offs fat and happy and untested, this team is battle hardened.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
I really want to avoid seeming arrogant or over confident but this Patriot team isn't like the 2010 14-2 team that dominated the regular season than went down in flames to a team they beat 3 weeks earlier 45-3. This Patriot team has true grit. It's a much tougher, physical, hungry football team that I think has a lot of heart.

This team is the best Patriot team we've fielded since 2004, the kind of team that can run a post season gauntlet without needing every little thing to go their way.
If it was hungrier it presumably would not have waited until mid-way through the 3rd quarter last night to show up - IMO blowing out Houston contributed to the lack of focus last night - nobody has lost focus this year like the 2012 Steelers but the performance last night was surprising

Maybe the Pats can rest players during the first round game against Cincy or the Steelers
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
If it was hungrier it presumably would not have waited until mid-way through the 3rd quarter last night to show up - IMO blowing out Houston contributed to the lack of focus last night - nobody has lost focus this year like the 2012 Steelers but the performance last night was surprising

Maybe the Pats can rest players during the first round game against Cincy or the Steelers
Not against the Steelers. No way.
As flawed as Pittsburgh is this year they're one team I don't think any Patriot fan will overlook because of the history between the two teams. I live in Massachusetts and I've heard multiple times in the last two weeks "I don't want the Steelers anywhere near the play offs."

It's just one of those match ups, like with the Jets, where a surprisingly tough game could be on our hands.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #20
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I wouldn't root for either, never do when the steelers aren't involved, I jus watch as a fan of the game. I like a lot of players on each team though so I wouldn't be upset at either one winning.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote