Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #21
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Re: jerome bettis's NBC debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity984
Boomer Esiason

Boomer how could I have have forgotten! thanks and rep to you!~
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:24 PM   #22
SteelersHoss
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 817

Man, they sure have mixed up football this year. You have to study all the changes to make sure you know who is having what game.. Primetime is History? Will they not do it before the Monday night games??? ESPN has the rights to MNF do they not???
SteelersHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Who is that blonde guy on ESPN who does the pregames? He was qb of one of our rivals and he hates the Steelers. Long story short, the AFCC game in 2004 he was with Marino and company in that exact same setting Bettis was in. The Steeler fans called him everything you can possible think of. I was sitting within a stone throw of this circus. He hates the Steelers and the Steeler fans hate him..........name please? LOL
"He's a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."

Boomer on Chad

"Pittsburgh is their measuring stick because Pittsburgh runs the team much like the Bengals run their team," he said. "It's family owned, but yet Pittsburgh for all these years has owned them and basically has been a more competitive franchise.

Boomer on the Bengals and Steelers
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #24
Lyn
Banned

In his defense I have to say that when we did get into the Superbowl he did support the Steelers. But the entire season and throughout the playoffs he knocked the Steelers constantly.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #25
Lyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersHoss
Man, they sure have mixed up football this year. You have to study all the changes to make sure you know who is having what game.. Primetime is History? Will they not do it before the Monday night games??? ESPN has the rights to MNF do they not???

Yes, MNF will be on ESPN
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #26
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
In his defense I have to say that when we did get into the Superbowl he did support the Steelers. But the entire season and throughout the playoffs he knocked the Steelers constantly.
I never really liked him all that much, but I couldn't help but to do so after those quotes. They were just so priceless coming from a former Bengal.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

After Boomer's "Chad Johnson rant", I can't help but look at Boomer in a different light. It's about time somebody in that city spoke some sense when dealing with football.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
you mean theyre getting rid of nfl primetime???? i dont care if anyone here hates c. berman or t. jackson (bronco). primetime is my favorite show.
Yep - The Sunday night PrimeTime highlights show with Berman and Jackson at 7:30-8:30 is history - it will run (sort of) as part of the Sunday Night SportsCenter after the Sunday night game is over.

ESPN was told to clear out Sunday evening for NBC and its pregame/highlights show, which I believe will start at 7:00 (although that will run over the end of the 4:00 games).
ESPN will be focusing on Monday night, where it will be running PTI from the game site and running a loooong pregame prior to the Monday night game.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #29
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhiteBasicBlue
CC has always been right there with John Madden on the list of biggest Steelers haters.
Collinsworth hates the Steelers because he spent most of the games he played against them on his ass. Those aren't visions of sugarplums dancing in his head - they're black and gold Mack trucks. He reminds me of an oversized malnourished rat. Give him a garbage can and he'll be happy as a clam.

The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 08-14-2006 at 08:33 AM.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #30
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

From what I saw of THE BUS last night, he did a good job. I loved it when he put on THE RING and waved to crowd. They weren't too pleased with it but hey, he's got every right.

I didn't like Chris "I don't know football" Collinsworth talking about how the Steelers season would have ended in Cincinnati if it weren't for C.P. going down. What a homer!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote