Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #151
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,503 Times in 787 Posts
My Mood: Hot
Default Re: Ben Disappointed There Wasn’t More No-huddle Used Against Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
Just watched a recap of Sunday's game on NFL Turning Point and I didn't know that Brandon Carr once played for Haley @ KC.After hearing the converstation and analyzation of the Int in OT, it appears that Carr jumped the play based on his knowledge of Haley's offense. Ben didn't know it but Dal was waiting on that play. Wow!
Yeah, Carr jumped the route and intercepted a ball that was thrown way behind Wallace.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #152
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
Yeah, Carr jumped the route and intercepted a ball that was thrown way behind Wallace.
Wouldn't it be great if the Steelers' DBs were allowed to do that? Of course if Carr missed the INT it could've resulted in a big play for the Steelers. Carr was lucky, next time he better sit back and "tackle the catch" or else he might allow a big play!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #153
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,967 Times in 7,590 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Wouldn't it be great if the Steelers' DBs were allowed to do that? Of course if Carr missed the INT it could've resulted in a big play for the Steelers. Carr was lucky, next time he better sit back and "tackle the catch" or else he might allow a big play!
It wouldn't matter. Their hands are made of stone.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #154
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
It wouldn't matter. Their hands are made of stone.
Still, Carr took a risk to make a play. Wouldn't it be great if the Steelers took some risks - on both sides of the ball? Maybe somebody makes a play. Maybe their record is better than 7-7.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #155
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Funny how Ben never half-assed throws when he had an OC he could trust.

12-4 to 8-8

Fire Haley!!!!

and who gives a shit if Ben and Arians were buds - they were winning

Fun facts:

Steelers have had only 12 passes of 20+ yards all season

Fire Mr Dink & Dunk! Fire Haley!>> Ben
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #156
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Funny how Ben never half-assed throws when he had an OC he could trust.

12-4 to 8-8

Fire Haley!!!!

and who gives a shit if Ben and Arians were buds - they were winning

Fun facts:

Steelers have had only 12 passes of 20+ yards all season

Fire Mr Dink & Dunk! Fire Haley!>> Ben
Tomlin is buddy-buddy grab-ass with all the players and no one cares, but the OC can't be buddy-buddy with Ben because "he lacks discipline."

Hey stiller fans, you know who lacks discipline? The Loose Change Crew. But no, yell at Ben. Put him in his place! He's the biggest problem with the team! Not the owner that's enamored with outdated football! Not the WRs that can't catch! Not the offensive line that can't block! Not the lack of a real #1 RB! Not the complete and utter lack of focus on this team! Nope! It's all on Ben!

There were no charges against Ben, it's time to move on from that.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #157
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Ben has already did his "apology tour" for trying to call out Haley for lack of a no-huddle, plus other comments, Haley just shrugged them off as just "heat-of-the-moment".
lack of no-huddle didn't kill us, lack of a better running game, horrible fumbles by AB, and interceptions (especially at the last) by Ben killed that game.
Even BEN knows that now.

anyway, ..., upward and onward against Cincy
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #158
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,459 Times in 4,031 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Roethlisberger's criticism doesn't faze Haley

December 21, 2012
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, throwing passes at practice Wednesday, was not upset with Ben Roethlisberger's criticism after the loss Sunday at Dallas.

Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley said he and Ben Roethlisberger are on the same page "as much as a quarterback and coordinator can be." Haley brushed aside the critical remarks Roethlisberger made after a loss Sunday against Dallas at Cowboys Stadium, and, later in the same 10-minute interview sessions with reporters Thursday afternoon, complemented his quarterback by referring to him as "elite."

There is no controversy from Haley's perspective after Roethlisberger questioned his play-calling and use of tight end Heath Miller in the second half of a Steelers 27-24 overtime loss.

"That was an emotional game," Haley said. "Whatever was said can't be taken too much to the heart because that's the way this game is. Guys will get into it in locker rooms, in the building, on the practice field. It's the mindset you get into when you're getting ready to compete and coach a big game. There's emotion involved. I wouldn't really pay much attention to anything that's said in an emotional state of mind."

Haley is no stranger to conflict. When he was the offensive coordinator of the Arizona Cardinals he got into a heated sideline argument with Anquan Boldin in the 2009 NFC championship. If not for a last-minute drive engineered by Roethlisberger in Super Bowl XLIII, Haley and Boldin would have won a championship together.

"I think healthy conflict, discussion, banter is good because it gets you to the right place and gets everyone on the same page and where you need to be," Haley said.

"Like I've said a number of times, when I make a call into Ben's ear in the game I'm putting complete faith in him to make it the best call it can be. The same goes for him.

"When he hears my voice, he has to trust and believe that the play coming is giving us the best chance to succeed. You develop that in these Sunday battles against other teams. That's where it develops with the trust and camaraderie. That's what's occurred. There will be ups and downs because there's emotion and a lot at stake every week. We put a lot of time, effort and sacrifice into this. I think a little bit of healthy conflict is a good thing."

Roethlisberger is having one of his better statistical seasons under Haley's direction. He has thrown 22 touchdowns and only six interceptions. The touchdown total is his third highest in a season. He threw 26 in 2009 and 32 in 2007.

Roethlisberger's career-low for interceptions was five in 2010, when he was suspended for the first four games of the season. Haley was not taking any solace in those statistics.

"What we're about is win-loss," Haley said. "That's how you're measured. How many wins do you have? Are you in the playoffs? We're shooting for that game in New Orleans. That's our only goal.

"That's the great thing about here in Pittsburgh. The expectations are truly what we say they are. It's Super Bowl or bust. That's the focus. Win these big games you have to win to get into the tournament and then obviously win those. Numbers and all that stuff are not important to me. It's important what the final score says at the end of the day.

"It's not having the highest-rated quarterback or most rushing yards or the highest-rated receivers. It's to win games."

And Haley believes Roethlisberger gives the Steelers a great chance to do that the next two games and get into the playoffs.

"The great thing is whether there's a media fire storm or not, you need a really good quarterback to win in this league," he said. "We happen to have, in my opinion, an elite quarterback. You're talking about a player that is a really, really good player at his position, and he's the quarterback. That gives you a chance to win each and every week."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2FnzIPgG7
Old 12-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #159
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,976 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
[B]
"The great thing is whether there's a media fire storm or not, you need a really good quarterback to win in this league," he said. "We happen to have, in my opinion, an elite quarterback. You're talking about a player that is a really, really good player at his position, and he's the quarterback. That gives you a chance to win each and every week."
love hearing that from Haley. I think these behind the scene feuds are really overblown by the media and to an extent us fans.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #160
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Then maybe the Steelers should let him try and win games earlier instead of asking him to bail the team out in the last 2 minutes of a game.