Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,927
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 17,653
Thanked 6,667 Times in 2,544 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So it's cool if our guys win a Super Bowl - they can dance all they want after a catch? I don't understand the logic here. It should be either a) they can or b) they can't. People are turning a blind eye to our former WRs and criticizing the shit out of these guys because of our record.
I'm not criticizing them because of their record. I always think it's dumb when anyone on any team celebrates after making a catch. I don't jump up and down every time I take a correct blood pressure on one of my patients. If they win the game, then cool, celebrate and party all they want. But celebrating just because they made a tackle or caught the ball is dumb. That's their job.
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
rgj
Starter
 
rgj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 423
Member Number: 7995
Thanks: 15
Thanked 56 Times in 36 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

I find the so-called "celebrations" irritating, bordering on taunting. It's ME oriented, as if the player alone is responsible for the success of the play and not teammates. The worse offenders are wide receivers and defensive linemen/linebackers that get a sack. They know they will be zoomed in on by television, it's their time in prime time. I think it's extremely selfish.

If I were the opposing team, I would make sure the "celebration" player would remember his celebration, while seeing stars on the net play.
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

I do sense a bit of "me" rather than "us" with this team.

Not gonna win like that, get your heads in the game boys!
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #24
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 349
Member Number: 18796
Thanks: 16
Thanked 166 Times in 92 Posts
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Heath Miller could make the play of the century, help the opposing player up next to him, hand the ball to the ref, and he would just trot back to huddle.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twentyvalve For This Useful Post:
lardlad (12-18-2012), The_Joker (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,267
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 6,377
Thanked 11,724 Times in 4,788 Posts
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
I'm not criticizing them because of their record. I always think it's dumb when anyone on any team celebrates after making a catch. I don't jump up and down every time I take a correct blood pressure on one of my patients. If they win the game, then cool, celebrate and party all they want. But celebrating just because they made a tackle or caught the ball is dumb. That's their job.
I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I think that most people right now are just upset and finding fault with anything and everything because it's been a disappointing season for this team and us as fans.

While it's a little silly, it's not a big deal.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #26
lardlad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 379
Member Number: 10897
Thanks: 394
Thanked 180 Times in 95 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
I agree with Whodis: Get up, go back to the huddle, and ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE. Celebrate when you're holding a Lombardi.
See Heath Miller
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #27
lardlad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 379
Member Number: 10897
Thanks: 394
Thanked 180 Times in 95 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
Heath Miller could make the play of the century, help the opposing player up next to him, hand the ball to the ref, and he would just trot back to huddle.
Boom!
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #28
lardlad
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 379
Member Number: 10897
Thanks: 394
Thanked 180 Times in 95 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I think that most people right now are just upset and finding fault with anything and everything because it's been a disappointing season for this team and us as fans.

While it's a little silly, it's not a big deal.
I can honestly say that is not the case for me. Even after Holmes caught the winning td in the SB I was disappointed with him jumping up and down yelling that is how you be great. Especially after he misses the easy catch.

It was a heck of a grab and tops nearly all Steeler plays of all time. Feel fortunate, act proud, but be humble. Just for the record these kinds of complaints have little to do with football, it's how you represent your team. As long as they win who cares, but I'll always be more proud of someone like Heath Miller because of the way he handles himself. This guy is the best and he knows nothing of it. Sorry but I have the utmost respect in that. Far more than being overly pleased with yourself.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,330
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,153
Thanked 8,396 Times in 3,517 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

sometimes the celebrations fire up the team. a lot of times when hines made a big 1st down conversion he'd go nuts and get fired up. it seemed to always light a fire under the team, and the home crowd if it was at heinz field
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #30
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Lady Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,927
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16396
Thanks: 17,653
Thanked 6,667 Times in 2,544 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: What's with all the celebrating?

This is something to jump up and down about.


[youtube]EKeLp5pCTgE[/youtube]


Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts