Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192
Default Fans Disappointed There Weren't More Wins Against Crap Teams

Steeler Nation wished there were more wins against crap teams this year! I figured if Ben can be disappointed we should let Ben know what is disappointing to Steeler Nation! Point is, there's no need to be blaming, just be quiet and start playing football.
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eafratitpm3 For This Useful Post:
austinfrench76 (12-17-2012), EbonySteel86 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,629 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Fans Disappointed There Weren't More Wins Against Crap Teams

I don't know, maybe this year's team just isn't that good.

I know the thought of this isn't popular, but our 2 signature wins were against an inconsistent giants team that was hit by a hurricane earlier that week, and against a ravens squad that was just starting to tailspin

there's a lot of talent on the team, and they are capable of beating anyone, they just need to fix some issues in the offseason, mainly the mental mistakes. this offense needs a running game, and quick, or they will continue to be 1 dimensional and not live up to their potential
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
Rowland2110 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

It's dissappointing to hear Ben talking about the lack no huddle and play calling. We win that game of Brown doesn't fumble that ball, catches that punt or Ben doesn't throw that Int in OT. WTF is he talking about no huddle??!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
eafratitpm3
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1192

That's the problem with this team IMO, every week it's the same old song. Week after week we hear from the players that we will turn this thing around. Week after week the same thing happens. Here is the typical 2012 Steeler game:
Steelers Offense starts out slow, steelers defense holds it's own. Steelers offense still sputtering. Defense holds it's own and gives up a FG. Steelers TO (fumble), Opponent scores TD after tired Defense gives up a TD. Steelers down 10-0 so now the Offense finally starts to play. Offense scores a TD, Defense holds. Offense gets into FG position, Suisham makes FG. Tied at Halftime. Steelers D holds after halftime Kickoff, Offense 3 and out, Steelers defense holds. Either a ST TO or Ben throws an interception. Tired defense gives up TD. Offense, 3 and out. Defense holds yet again. Punt returned for a TD by the Steelers, wait there's a flag, block in the back. Offense down 7 wakes up again and gets a TD, tie game. Steelers KO and ST's gives up a big return. Defense holds opponent to a FG. Steelers up 4 with two minutes left to play. Opponent kicks off to the Steelers, Rainey takes it 3-yards deep in the endzone and gets hit at the 17yd line and fumbles. Opponent takes over and scores game-winning TD.
Stop me if you've heard this before.
Tomlin press conference: "We didn't make enough significant plays and they did. They made more splash plays than we did" and "We take ownership of what we put on tape" and the ever popular "The Standard is the Standard"
eafratitpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eafratitpm3 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-18-2012), Hawaii 5-0 (12-17-2012), Men of Steel (12-18-2012), SteelWarrior69 (12-18-2012), steve314 (12-17-2012), TheVet (12-17-2012), torpedoshell31 (12-19-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-18-2012)
Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
That's the problem with this team IMO, every week it's the same old song. Week after week we hear from the players that we will turn this thing around. Week after week the same thing happens. Here is the typical 2012 Steeler game:
Steelers Offense starts out slow, steelers defense holds it's own. Steelers offense still sputtering. Defense holds it's own and gives up a FG. Steelers TO (fumble), Opponent scores TD after tired Defense gives up a TD. Steelers down 10-0 so now the Offense finally starts to play. Offense scores a TD, Defense holds. Offense gets into FG position, Suisham makes FG. Tied at Halftime. Steelers D holds after halftime Kickoff, Offense 3 and out, Steelers defense holds. Either a ST TO or Ben throws an interception. Tired defense gives up TD. Offense, 3 and out. Defense holds yet again. Punt returned for a TD by the Steelers, wait there's a flag, block in the back. Offense down 7 wakes up again and gets a TD, tie game. Steelers KO and ST's gives up a big return. Defense holds opponent to a FG. Steelers up 4 with two minutes left to play. Opponent kicks off to the Steelers, Rainey takes it 3-yards deep in the endzone and gets hit at the 17yd line and fumbles. Opponent takes over and scores game-winning TD.
Tomlin press conference: "We didn't make enough significant plays and they did. They made more splash plays than we did" and "We take ownership of what we put on tape" and the ever popular "The Standard is the Standard"
This is great!!! Good job!

Now let's hope it turns around in the final two games!

TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
steve314
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15690

Speaking of crap teams, I'm just very proud, as a Steeler fan, to be cheering against the 6-7 (yes, 6-7) Jets because of the playoff implications for the Steelers.
steve314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #7
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,401 Times in 4,444 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve314 View Post
Speaking of crap teams, I'm just very proud, as a Steeler fan, to be cheering against the 6-7 (yes, 6-7) Jets because of the playoff implications for the Steelers.
can't stand Rex the Big Mouth and the Sanchize, glad they lost again tonight...
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
Yup, you nailed it. Great post!

I would just also add ST gets big return to midfield. Offense goes 3 and out.

And a couple more turnovers.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Yup, you nailed it. Great post!

I would just also add ST gets big return to midfield. Offense goes 3 and out.

And a couple more turnovers.
If Arians was here, he would have taken advantage of the great field positioning. OR NOT.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #10
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,548 Times in 4,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I don't know, maybe this year's team just isn't that good.

I know the thought of this isn't popular, but our 2 signature wins were against an inconsistent giants team that was hit by a hurricane earlier that week, and against a ravens squad that was just starting to tailspin
Getting hit by something like that gives your team emotion and passion to win - it doesn't deflate your team and work against you. That, and the officiating in that game was so fucking bad that we had to beat the Giants and the refs. Regarding the Ravens, I think we sent them into a tailspin. They were beaten at home which ended their winning streak with a third string, 38 year old quarterback. That, on top of their injuries, is a pretty good way to fuck a season up.

This teams problem is very, very simple: inconsistency.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote