Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic
Default Tim Tebow as a backup in Pitt?

First off, I know this will never happen, but hear me out.
We need a back-up qb and a running back. If we could use Tebow as a running back/wild cat guy in certain situations and as a 3 string qb we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We have a franchise qb, so there won't be any backlash calling for Tebow to be the starter. He could also be used as a full back and would be a cheap addition. He is a smart guy with a ton of energy, maybe he could keep this teams head in the game, and hyped up (hopefully being flat isn't an issue next year). Personally, I am not a Tebow fan at all, but I thought it could be an interesting topic.

I REPEAT: I know this will never happen and the Steelers would never want the Tebow sideshow, this is just a thought I had watching the Jets game tonight.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Tim Tebow as a backup in Pitt?

Tebow won't come here - but the Jets aren't doing anything with him - not even utilizing him as a backup. And they're not using him barely at all to run trick plays or "wildcats" that they promised they would in pre-season.
Ya gotta feel bad for the guy. The Jets are ruining any career he could have right now.
His agent should DEMAND an immediate or off-season trade. But the pig stubborn Jets would have to move him - and they probably wont' - they'll continue "not to use him" but want the "circus sideshow" and headlines Tebow gets.
If he can get out of that city (and he should), it would likely be a Jax, Arizona, something along those lines.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

I think we may lock up Donovan McNabb and Doug Williams as backups next year!
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
The_Joker
Living Legend

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 2,019 Times in 1,063 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
I think we may lock up Doug Martin next year!
Fixed it up for ya
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

You will see Vick long before you see Tebow. Tebow will go to JAX and than be done with football. What makes anyone think this guy can play? Yes he had a run last year and it was fun to watch as I loved him at Gatorland. But enough.. He has shown that he and sanchez both suck and both should just go away. I want nothing to do with him here in Pittsburgh
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #6
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,511 Times in 671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVip View Post
First off, I know this will never happen, but hear me out.
We need a back-up qb and a running back. If we could use Tebow as a running back/wild cat guy in certain situations and as a 3 string qb we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. We have a franchise qb, so there won't be any backlash calling for Tebow to be the starter. He could also be used as a full back and would be a cheap addition. He is a smart guy with a ton of energy, maybe he could keep this teams head in the game, and hyped up (hopefully being flat isn't an issue next year). Personally, I am not a Tebow fan at all, but I thought it could be an interesting topic.

I REPEAT: I know this will never happen and the Steelers would never want the Tebow sideshow, this is just a thought I had watching the Jets game tonight.
The Jets need Tebow otherwise who will drive the Clown Car when Rex is off explaining how his team is just a few plays away from being great?

Not only that, they haven't quite finished ruining Sanchez's career yet and they need someone to come in and run useless hand-off plays to keep breaking any rhythm that Sanchez might develop.

Once the Jets have completely ruined what's left of their franchise, then MAYBE they'll let Tebow go off to help ruin another one, but they still have some work to do first.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #7
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Tomlin pushed hard for the Rooneys to sign Vick before he signed with the Eagles. This time Vick won't command that big a salary and he is a step up from what we have. I also wouldn't mind us signing Tebow, he went 7-4 as a starter last year and you know what he did to us in the playoffs. If he had to fill in over a 4 or 5 game stretch he could win a couple of games.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torpedoshell31 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
JVip
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24397
My Mood: Psychedelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedoshell31 View Post
Tomlin pushed hard for the Rooneys to sign Vick before he signed with the Eagles. This time Vick won't command that big a salary and he is a step up from what we have. I also wouldn't mind us signing Tebow, he went 7-4 as a starter last year and you know what he did to us in the playoffs. If he had to fill in over a 4 or 5 game stretch he could win a couple of games.

I agree, but Ithink Vick will be a starter next year for a team, possibly the Jets.
JVip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVip View Post
I agree, but Ithink Vick will be a starter next year for a team, possibly the Jets.
You're right, after seeing Locker and Sanchez set football back about 100 years last night, Vick would be a huge step up for either team. The Steelers had the bad luck to play the Titans when Locker was hurt, and we got Hasselback instead who picked us apart. I didn't realize how bad Locker was until I saw him last night, it was only his 3rd win in his career. As for Sanchez, what can you say other than the wheels have completely come off.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #10
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,042 Times in 4,579 Posts

Vick isn't going to be the starter for the Jets. See, that would be a semi-smart move on the organizations part, and we all know the Jets aren't about making smart decisions. They'll probably draft Matt Barkley in the first round this year - an obvious reach - but hey, they need a quarterback. Their current USC product isn't doing dick all, but maybe this one will.

There's a chance that Vick comes here at a discount. He wants to win a championship and this is the best way for him to do it. I wouldn't mind having Mike on this team as it would finally bring in a legitimate backup to Ben and someone that we wouldn't have to cringe every time he threw the ball.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote