Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
TheTruestBlackGoldFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 2314
Default Jerome Debut (After game thoughts)

Jerome was absolutely great. He did a very very good job. I love when he put the ring on.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
pitt
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 474
Default Re: Jerome Debut (After game thoughts)

GRRRRRRRRR I missed him .
Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I missed him.....Cant wait to watch him this year, i think he will do a fine job...Hes has a great personality.....Does he do any steelers games this year?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
nicesteel4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1775

Not sure how Cowher liked his debut after all the questions he is gonna get out of it by Bettis saying it's his last year. Wonder what the first question Bill is gonna have to answer at camp tommorrow? HMMMMMM
But other than that Bettis showing his ring off to the Bungals was GREAT! He also spoke well and his was looking like a groomed analyst
Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 AM   #5
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicesteel4life
Not sure how Cowher liked his debut after all the questions he is gonna get out of it by Bettis saying it's his last year. Wonder what the first question Bill is gonna have to answer at camp tommorrow? HMMMMMM
But other than that Bettis showing his ring off to the Bungals was GREAT! He also spoke well and his was looking like a groomed analyst
Jerome of all people should know where to keep the fuel and where to leave the fire.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:31 AM   #6
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

I thought that Jerome did a wonderful job and I was thrilled to see him and realize that I will be able to see him every week.....

Now if I can just get over the fact that I have to put up with Madden and Collingsworth in order to get my weekly 'Bus' fix, I will be fine..... They are disgusting.....
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Haiku... I agree with you.. but Mamaduck43 I dont agree with you.
I agree that the Bus should not be starting the things that he just started about our coach and I bet ya that the network will tone him down for those comments.
I dont agree that Madden is discusting. The man is so football smart and has so much knowledge of the game that you and everyone else should respect that. These are just my opinions so dont get ticked at me. I know that John can get kind of long talking about certain things but he is very smart about the game so give him a little credit please.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,684 Times in 2,627 Posts

The comments about Cowher are exactly what the network wants out of The Bus.

Rather than tone him down, NBC will encourage Bettis to make candid comments about the NFL in general and the Steelers in particular. One of the raps against ex-players is that they pull their punches when it comes to commenting on former teammates. Saying Cowher is on his way out certainly is contrary to that allegation.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:28 AM   #9
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Yesi s what Network wants cause in the papers or interviews it wil all say .. Jerome Bettis, of NBC .....

IS a legit question and is a reasonable response by Bettis. Bettis isnt the only commentator who thinks Cowher is leaving and who has stated so. Just seems more official coming from Bettis since he is an ex player of his. I dont truely think the Rooneys know, and i dont the Cowher himself knows what he wants to do. He has been honest about it and said he wants to take it year to year and see before making another contract .. He stil have two years left mind you. I dont read anything into what Bettis says about it or any other commentator. That is their job ( is one that is no different than any of us giving our opinion on this board day after day . ) It surely doesnt make bettis or anyone else right because they say it.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,618 Posts

from peter kings si "monday morning qb":

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...morning/3.html

1. I think Jerome Bettis really upset the apple cart Sunday night on NBC, didn't he? I was with the NBC crew as part of the halftime show and Bettis' statement about feeling that this is Bill Cowher's last year coaching the Steelers really took me by surprise. Not that he thinks this way; I think a lot of people do. But that Bettis, in his first TV experience, had the guts right out of the box on national TV to say he felt Cowher was in his last season with the Steelers. We sat in the NBC production trailer in the fourth quarter, talking about it, when NBC Sports president Dick Ebersol walked in. "Jerome Bettis, journalist!'' Ebersol said. Bettis smiled. He said, "I think Bill's retiring. He talked to me about spending more time with his family and taking some time off from the game. I really think this is his last year in Pittsburgh.'' I asked him if it was tough for him to say it on national TV. And he said he wondered if Cowher would view this as a violation of their relationship, that maybe he shouldn't have revealed what he thought from their conversation. But he said he thought Cowher would be fine with it. Well, I'm going to Steelers camp later on Monday, and I'll be interested to hear how Cowher addresses it. Briefly, Cowher's wife and daughter, a sophomore in high school, have moved to Raleigh, N.C., where the family intends to live. Cowher will stay in Pittsburgh this season, and the family will be reunited at various points during the season. And there has been rampant speculation that Cowher will join them at the end of this season, with the stress of the NFL sideline wearing on him. Let's see how Cowher addresses it today. My guess is he soft-pedals it and says he's made no decision.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote