Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #21
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311
Default Re: Keys to beating Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
This Week's Line
FAVORITE SPREAD UNDERDOG OVER/UNDER
Pittsburgh 4 Cincinnati 43

ACCUSCORE

The Pittsburgh Steelers are a solid favorite with a 65% chance to beat the Cincinnati Bengals. Jonathan Dwyer is projected for 62 rushing yards and a 37% chance of having at least 1 rushing TD. In the 35% of simulations where Cincinnati Bengals wins, Andy Dalton averages 1.89 TD passes vs 0.4 interceptions, while in losses he has a ratio of 1.24 TDs to 0.66 interceptions. BenJarvus Green-Ellis averages 59 rushing yards and 0.52 rushing TDs when Cincinnati Bengals wins and 38 yards and 0.21 TDs in losses. The Pittsburgh Steelers has a 41% chance of forcing more turnovers than they commit. Positive turnover margin helps them win 84% of the time.
Despite of of these percentages, Steelers still could possibly finish .500 with the way they are playing.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #22
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

I don't see how anything is supposed to improve between now and Sunday.

The reason we lost to Dallas is because we have a bunch of cardboard cutouts at CB right now. Unless Ike and Keenan come back this week, Dalton will just do this Sunday what the last two teams have done to our depleted secondary-- throw a lot of comeback routes to the outside for the automatic 10 yard gainer.

Now, we went from bad to worse this week with them signing Justin King (who?) to replace the no-name that went down in this last game after stinking teh joint up. Now we just signed a guy who was labelled as the "worst CB in the NFL" thinking he is going to save our team?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM   #23
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Lewis will be back
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,803 Posts
My Mood: Fine

As much as I've been hating on Wallace and the offense in general, I thought this was interesting. Never would have thought this. Gets targeted a lot like Calvin Johnson I suppose.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...north-in-drops

Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?
December, 19, 2012
DEC 19
1:45
PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

If you asked me who leads the AFC North in dropped passes, my three guesses would've been: Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace and Mike Wallace. Well, I was wrong.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category. This shocked me because Green has such great hands. Everyone remembers Green's drop in the red zone against Dallas, but I can't recall many more than that one. Last season, Green had three drops on 112 targets. This year, he has seven drops on 138 targets.

Wallace is close behind Green with six dropped passes. That's tied for the second-most in the AFC North with Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham and Browns wide receiver Greg Little. Saints tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes.

In terms of teams, the Browns lead the division with 26 drops, which is tied for eighth-most in the league. The Steelers and Bengals have a total of 22 drops. The Ravens have the least amount of dropped passes with 19. Wide receiver Torrey Smith has the most drops for Baltimore with four.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
As much as I've been hating on Wallace and the offense in general, I thought this was interesting. Never would have thought this. Gets targeted a lot like Calvin Johnson I suppose.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...north-in-drops

Guess who leads the AFC North in drops?
December, 19, 2012
DEC 19
1:45
PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

If you asked me who leads the AFC North in dropped passes, my three guesses would've been: Mike Wallace, Mike Wallace and Mike Wallace. Well, I was wrong.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green tops the division in that category. This shocked me because Green has such great hands. Everyone remembers Green's drop in the red zone against Dallas, but I can't recall many more than that one. Last season, Green had three drops on 112 targets. This year, he has seven drops on 138 targets.

Wallace is close behind Green with six dropped passes. That's tied for the second-most in the AFC North with Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham and Browns wide receiver Greg Little. Saints tight end Jimmy Graham leads the NFL with 11 dropped passes.

In terms of teams, the Browns lead the division with 26 drops, which is tied for eighth-most in the league. The Steelers and Bengals have a total of 22 drops. The Ravens have the least amount of dropped passes with 19. Wide receiver Torrey Smith has the most drops for Baltimore with four.
This does not help Wallace at all (not that I think you were trying to, FURY02), just puts him on-par with another #1 WR that is struggling to hang on to the ball.

AJ Green has been targetted 144 times this season, to Wallace's 114. In 30 more attempts, he only has 1 more drop than Wallace?

So Wallace drops the ball once every 19 attempts.

AJ Green drops the ball once every 20 attempts.

That still makes Wallace more of a dropster than Green.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #26
maddog78
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Lewis will be back
As will Tez Allen.
maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #27
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

we have got to get pressure on Dalton. Bottom line. I missed a lot of the Cowboys game but what I saw was very similar to the Chargers game. Even if they don't get the sack at least force some throws and make Dalton take a hit. The problem is blitz leaves secondary more vulnerable but they have to take that gamble. Unleash Polamalu.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

I say Tomlin wears his lucky Big Poofy Coat. We never lose with him wearing that!
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #29
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Keys to beating Cinci?

Organize a police raid in their locker room before the game. The outstanding warrants should decimate their chances of fielding enough guys and they'll forfeit.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #30
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,803 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
I say Tomlin wears his lucky Big Poofy Coat. We never lose with him wearing that!
Come on Coat, let's dance the night away . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote