Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 357
Member Number: 11185
Thanks: 5
Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

That was horrid play calling....We ran on 95% of first downs. And is it just me or where our backs about 7 yards deep when they were taking the handoff every play? We hadn't been doing that all season have we?
__________________
FacemeIke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #12
defence
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 355
Member Number: 19128
Thanks: 174
Thanked 74 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA View Post
Ben is the problem........I'm done watching this team until we get a new qb.....
Yup. He messed up. But get serious. Lets trade for Sanchez
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #13
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,116
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 3,563
Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,644 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacemeIke View Post
That was horrid play calling....We ran on 95% of first downs. And is it just me or where our backs about 7 yards deep when they were taking the handoff every play? We hadn't been doing that all season have we?
correct - one helluva a long way to get to the handoff, and Ben really leads the defense as to where the RB is getting the ball.

I wasn't a fan of the play calling, but, Ben needs to get his head right and start believing in other people over his John Wayne skills that haven't really payed off in the past two season. John Elway won 2 SBs by having faith in the rest of his teammates and playing sound football. Ben's best days may be behind him at this rate . . .
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
correct - one helluva a long way to get to the handoff, and Ben really leads the defense as to where the RB is getting the ball.

I wasn't a fan of the play calling, but, Ben needs to get his head right and start believing in other people over his John Wayne skills that haven't really payed off in the past two season. John Elway won 2 SBs by having faith in the rest of his teammates and playing sound football. Ben's best days may be behind him at this rate . . .
The problem with your argument is Art Rooney doesn't know as much about football as many of you think he does. Lets not praise him just because he shares daddy's last name.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
WVABE
Team Captain
 
3D Field Goal - Pro Champion! 3D Field Goal - All Pro Champion!
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 729
Member Number: 24111
Thanks: 582
Thanked 437 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Someone needs to hypnotize Ben so he thinks its inside the 2 minute warning of the 1st half.
This team sputters so bad when we reach the 30-40 yard line, then Ben gets sacked every damn time.
WVABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach
 
ZoneBlitzer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,883
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16775
Thanks: 246
Thanked 476 Times in 252 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELAMANIA View Post
Ben is the problem........I'm done watching this team until we get a new qb.....
Ben is turning into a late in his career Brett Favre. He's lost IT.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZoneBlitzer For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
EbonySteel86
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 696
Member Number: 20340
Thanks: 1,223
Thanked 486 Times in 253 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Ben's been playing like crap! There were check downs he could've taken but don't. Bring in a LEGITIMATE number 2 Qb and watch Ben play a whole lot better!!!
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
defence
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 355
Member Number: 19128
Thanks: 174
Thanked 74 Times in 52 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Guys. Please; I know its a really tough pill to swallow right now; but let's be real here. Yes Ben messed up but the reality is that the coaching and playcalling was a disaster all game. To put ben in a situation like this every week when especially today; the game should have been way before that last drive. Kudos to our d!! Fantastic game!! Haley; you are a complete idiot. I have no idea what he was calling his 1st down run second down run shit. #rd and 8 getting Ben killed. A disgrace. Ben tried too much to make it happen. But that's Ben and I will take him anyday.
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to defence For This Useful Post:
GoFor7 (12-23-2012), Rowland2110 (12-23-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #19
sexyllama
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 168
Member Number: 18213
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

I'm pretty sure there was a reason they didn't want Ben to throw...
sexyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #20
GoFor7
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,353
Member Number: 24211
Thanks: 32
Thanked 94 Times in 75 Posts
Default Re: Read this if you want a clue as to why the offense stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
Guys. Please; I know its a really tough pill to swallow right now; but let's be real here. Yes Ben messed up but the reality is that the coaching and playcalling was a disaster all game. To put ben in a situation like this every week when especially today; the game should have been way before that last drive. Kudos to our d!! Fantastic game!! Haley; you are a complete idiot. I have no idea what he was calling his 1st down run second down run shit. #rd and 8 getting Ben killed. A disgrace. Ben tried too much to make it happen. But that's Ben and I will take him anyday.
LOL! I praise you for effort, but you're asking yinzers to think straight after being eliminated from the postseason.

I say let them fume for a few days, then show them tapes from the 80's and 90's. Then they'll understand why Ben is important.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
Rowland2110 (12-23-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts