Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #141
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Official Game Goat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
I'm more inclined to believe that was on Tomlin than Haley. Tomlin has a real personal problem with Mendenhall, and he's not afraid to take it out on the team through the scoreboard. I just hope the Rooneys have noticed.
I'm not really sure they want Mendenhall back anyways.

Quote:
And maybe the reason for those bubble screens is because of personnel. Arians loved them and so does Haley. Why? I've watched a lot of Colts games this year and I don't think I saw one bubble screen. Could it be that our diminutive primadonna WRs can't/won't run across the middle? Do you ever see 15yd 'in' routes from Wallace? How bout quick slants to Brown? The only one that'll run anything other than a fly patter is Sanders, and he can't catch. Why Burress wasn't dressed again is another Tomlin mystery.
That's because these guys are speedsters, not dink-and-dunk receivers. These guys are too small to constantly take hits running across the middle by LBs. Everyone refers to New England's dinking-and-dunking - guess what? They actually have a pretty good #2 tight end in Aaron Hernandez. He can make though tough catches in the middle of the field because of his size. David Paulson and Lenard Pope are not the answers - they should have gotten a #2 TE with a better pedigree.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #142
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
I don't think he does.
I think some people have trouble reading as well. You've made it quite clear with some of your posts you're one of them.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #143
BmoreStyles
Water Boy

Member Number: 24577

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
You got to pick your spots and play the percentages. The Steelers D was having outstanding day. Your odds in OT would've been much better than the likelihood of driving the 60 odd yards in 40 seconds.
Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning... You give any of those QBs the ball with 40 seconds left and the season on the line, and they're going to go for it. I'm a Ravens fan so I'm not blinded by my bias on this particular subject, but I think of Ben as an elite QB. Maybe not as elite as those that I named, but ELITE. I've seen him do it too many times. You give any elite QB 40 seconds to get in field goal position, I'd say you have to be a fool not to go for it.
BmoreStyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:22 PM   #144
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Injury is just an excuse. You rely on a veteran to have the wisdom btw the ears. Ben didn't demonstrate that AT ALL.
Nah, he left the best of what was between his ears on the Veteran's Bridge. He's a dumb athlete who thinks he's bigger than the franchise, but the franchise will be aiming for championships long after Ben's "glory days," are a distant memory.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #145
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Nah, he left the best of what was between his ears on the Veteran's Bridge. He's a dumb athlete who thinks he's bigger than the franchise, but the franchise will be aiming for championships long after Ben's "glory days," are a distant memory.
He can't be dumber than you jiminpa.....

But I know you don't have the time to make intelligent posts because you're too busy counting all those Steeler super bowl victories from the 80's and 90's.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #146
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I think some people have trouble reading as well. You've made it quite clear with some of your posts you're one of them.
I don't have much trouble reading at all, but you seem to have a lot of trouble comprehending. But maybe I'm just some dumb yinzer too stupid to realize your genius, or maybe it's that you're a player groupie, and have no love for the team at all. Which of those theories is there more evidence for, I wonder.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #147
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
I don't have much trouble reading at all, but you seem to have a lot of trouble comprehending. But maybe I'm just some dumb yinzer too stupid to realize your genius, or maybe it's that you're a player groupie, and have no love for the team at all. Which of those theories is there more evidence for, I wonder.
Oh I never claimed to be a genius, but you're right about the dumb yinzer part. Some of you really think the team is better without Ben, when history suggests that couldn't be further from the truth.

Not sure how Ben has ego issues btw. Cause he made some bad throws? Not sure how that adds up to a big ego. Does that mean every QB in the league with more INTs than Ben has a bigger ego? Considering he's been dumbed down to a Mike Tomzack for much of the season, only lashing out at the play calling once says he's a good soldier.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #148
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Oh it's not just Ben, it's the entire offense. This isn't a dink-and-dunk team, it's a down field team. These WRs should be blowing by DBs, not running routes that only go 5-10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Besides, scheme doesn't protect a QB, offensive lines do.
Except Ben misses them on the deep ball quite a bit.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #149
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Go For 7 - you calling out other Steelers fans because they aren't as much of a sofa-football expert as you are, is as "YINZER" as it gets

want to talk about modern football? There is a reason why Ben isn't protected, and it has as much to do with him, as it does the O-line. He is the only QB that relies on the improv as much as he does. There is nothing modern about setting up an O-line to ultimately fail because you want to give your QB 7-10 seconds instead of actually making reads and using his head on a regular basis. Ben has the most guts I've seen out of any quarterback - I think he can get off of trying to prove his toughness and get on board with evolving. I don't want Ben gone - but I hate his piss poor attitude - it screams immature. His decision making is starting to reflect where his head is at - not in the right place.

Do you want to see another SB victory or not? It won't happen with the current version of BR - count on it.
Very true. The way Ben plays is anything but modern. Mostly effective, but the Yinzer thing is old and doesn't hold up.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #150
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

The fieldgoal was a nonfactor, punting would not have made a difference. Ben's pick lost the game, the bad snap on the 24 ydr lost the game, Ben's pick six lost the game, our offense that couldnt move the ball lost the game.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote