Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #61
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Official Game Goat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
So you want Ben to be OC too? He didn't fit w/ Arians (who's doing pretty damn well in Indy, with a rookie QB). He doesn't like Haley. Who in the league would be sufficient for Ben? Tomlin didn't want Ben to hold on to the ball and take hits either. We need to find a coach that does. And I thought I heard Rooney saying the same thing, so I guess they should sell the team. Maybe they can sell it to Ben, and he can hire himself to be GM, HC, OC, and QB?
Oh it's not just Ben, it's the entire offense. This isn't a dink-and-dunk team, it's a down field team. These WRs should be blowing by DBs, not running routes that only go 5-10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Besides, scheme doesn't protect a QB, offensive lines do.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
Terminator (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #62
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,765 Times in 916 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWitmyer View Post
Is this for real or sarcasm?
This year it could be both.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrancoLambert For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #63
GoFor7
Banned

Default Re: BIG BEN to prove a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Buddy, you've swung on both sides of the fence yourself, in yaying and "NAYING" ben many times. We used to win early in the games we played, and our Defense protected our "O"'s lead. I haven't seen that in many games this season.
Our Offense was terrible this season, that's a plain as the sun rising tomorrow, if you see behind the clouds.
Yinzer is better than a hypocrite.
"wishing for Ben to blow it" - huh? calm down now.
Ben did enough of that for both of US.
Now see, this is where the typical yinzer fails to understand the modern NFL.

The offense didn't get many early leads this season not because of Ben, but because the Steelers wanted to play close to the vest - a.k.a. scared football. They were more worried about TOP than scoring. When you play that style, your offense won't get you many leads, and more pressure will be on the defense.

Not hard to understand.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #64
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

No, the goat is Tomlin

this isn't the first game of the season lost because he elected to go for what would have been the Suisham's CAREER LONG as well as a record for the history of the field the kick was being attempted in...

how does that happen? even just once, let alone twice? did Tomlin have to take the Wonderlic before being interviewed?

Sure, the missed FG ultimately didn't directly cost the game as the Defense came up with a stop (yet again), however the decision lost the field position battle which put unnecessary pressure on Ben, of which we all now know how that turned out.

Tomlin is easily one of my favorite coaches ever solely due to his demeanor and how he handles the players and the media. However as far as tactical mind I can't help but think he's Forest Gump level the way he's handled live game decisions these past two seasons.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkweek For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #65
Rowland2110
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24418

Ben aint going anywhere. Tomlin will be gone with 100% certainty if next season mirrors this one.
Rowland2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #66
Terrapin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15484

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Oh it's not just Ben, it's the entire offense. This isn't a dink-and-dunk team, it's a down field team. These WRs should be blowing by DBs, not running routes that only go 5-10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Besides, scheme doesn't protect a QB, offensive lines do.
I agree, but the problem is, Ben isn't a great downfield passer. He really isn't. He missed Wallace again today on what would have been a long TD. Green Bay and Dallas don't really air it deep all game either. Their WRs do something though that I read about once, they gain yards after they catch the ball.
Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #67
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
No, the goat is Tomlin

this isn't the first game of the season lost because he elected to go for what would have been the Suisham's CAREER LONG as well as a record for the history of the field the kick was being attempted in...

how does that happen? even just once, let alone twice? did Tomlin have to take the Wonderlic before being interviewed?.
^ THIS
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #68
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowland2110 View Post
Ben aint going anywhere. Tomlin will be gone with 100% certainty if next season mirrors this one.
With Tomlin, while I don't think he'll last as long as Cowher, I don't think last year is it for him.

As for Ben - duh. But silly, knee-jerking yinzers want the 2x super bowl winning QB gone and the OC who never won anything to stay.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #69
chizzler
Water Boy

Member Number: 15889

I think Ben is still hurt. Big difference between before getting hurt and after. Tomlin is the goat all year.
chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #70
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,205 Times in 605 Posts

too many injuries, too many bad decisions, too many fumbles and ints, too many bad losses to shitty teams. The season ended the exact way they have played. The thing that bothers me the most wasTroy finally came back to being Troy. The secondary has studs 4 deep now at corner and all I wanted was to get into the playoffs to see how awesome our defense would be. Great Defense in the playoffs is 10 times what it is in the regular season and the Steelers had the best defense in the league.

As far as Tomlin as a coach. He coached like the team played. Up and down and not enough killer instinct here and not enough adjustments there. I think his coaching on the field wasn't as bad as his leadership during the week. Too many distractions going on internally. Whether it was Mendenhall, or Big Ben and Haley. I think his pulse on the team hasn't been good this year.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote