Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #31
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: Fire Tomlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I'm not. But he hasn't been as clutch of late. He used to be Mr. Clutch. And now, I haven't been feeling so good about our chances the last couple of seasons when the ball is in his hands. I think things are evening out for him and he's turning into a latter day Brett Favre.
Like I've said, when they handcuff him for the first 58 minutes of most games, he won't always be able to bail the team out in the end. I'm not sure why people are having a hard time understanding that. The Steelers need to change their philosophies on offense from a possession game to a quick strike game.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #32
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

I apologize for posting that smiley. I don't come here for that.

It's just so weird to see so many of you freaking out over a bad season... like your lives have just come to an end.

If you've ever wondered why so many fans of other teams call Steelers fans spoiled, just read through all the threads on here.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Talkin' about 'Switzerizing" the HC job back in '06, and this has been mentioned countless times.
But, WHY, oh why, did Cowher/Rooney/whoever NOT give the HC job to the "Wiz", back in 06. ???!!!
Grimm/Shwimm, we could have just dumped him later. I dunno ?
I could never understand it fully, and I guess I never will.

"...they decided they didn't want to hire an HC within the Steelers' organization..." , huh?, that never did cut it with me as an excuse, even back then.
and now, it has become a very s-t-u-p-i-d management decision !

I'm dead certain, Cowher felt this team was gonna grab a couple more rings...? Cowher, didn't want, after 15 years, in this pressure-cooker of an HC job anymore, due to family, personal matters,..., fine. I don't deny the man that, and I respect his decision for not staying on as HC.

But why Tomlin, was Tomlin the nice little "yes" man that Steelers\' Management finally wanted ?
ya I know, but we won another SB (actually, LeBeau's DEFENSE had a lot more to do with that win than ppl want to admit!)
so Tomlin is ...., is what ?.
Tomlin inherited a SB calibre team that gelled, that "LeBeau", and Cowher handbuilt from scratch. In fact NO change was made anywhere else in coaching -even Arians' got to stay on, ... ?
Again, none of this makes sense, bringing in a Mike Switzer back then aka, just a "players' coach" -nonetheless, as he has obviously been proved to be now.

Will Tomlin grow through the heat and fire to become a good coach for the Steelers?. Who really knows?
But right now, crap travels UPHIL:L:, the buck stops at the HC position. Sooooo,...

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 12-23-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: sry, my typing sucks.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #34
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Talkin' about 'Switzerizing" the HC job back ikn '06, and this has been mentioned countless times.
But, WHY, oh why, did Cowher/Rooney/whoever NOT give the HC job to the "Wiz", back in 06. ???!!!
"...they decided they didn't want to hire an HC within the Steelers' organization..." , huh?, that never did cut it with me as an excuse, even back then.
stupid management !
*gasp* He criticized the Rooneys! LYNCH HIM!
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
*gasp* He criticized the Rooneys! LYNCH HIM!
You gotta be kidding,
My question maybe, too late, water under the bridge, .... whatever, but if I am "questioning" managements HC decision back then, so what ? It's a forum, not a Corporate Meeting, with your BOSS.
;)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #36
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

Mike Tomlin has a winning record as Head Coach of the Steelers. He coached the team to two Super Bowls. Realistically speaking, they are not going to fire Tomlin unless the team totally collapses next season.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #37
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Crappy

Quote:
Talkin' about 'Switzerizing" the HC job back in '06, and this has been mentioned countless times.

and now, it has become a very s-t-u-p-i-d management decision !

I'm dead certain, Cowher felt this team was gonna grab a couple more rings...? Cowher, didn't want, after 15 years, in this pressure-cooker of an HC job anymore, due to family, personal matters,..., fine. I don't deny the man that, and I respect his decision for not staying on as HC.

But why Tomlin, was Tomlin the nice little "yes" man that Steelers\' Management finally wanted ?
ya I know, but we won another SB (actually, LeBeau's DEFENSE had a lot more to do with that win than ppl want to admit!)
so Tomlin is ...., is what ?.
Tomlin inherited a SB calibre team that gelled, that "LeBeau", and Cowher handbuilt from scratch. In fact NO change was made anywhere else in coaching -even Arians' got to stay on, ... ?
Again, none of this makes sense, bringing in a Mike Switzer back then aka, just a "players' coach" -nonetheless, as he has obviously been proved to be now.

Will Tomlin grow through the heat and fire to become a good coach for the Steelers?. Who really knows?
But right now, crap travels UPHIL:L:, the buck stops at the HC position. Sooooo,...
I agree Tomlin bought a race car,won a race with it and now it needs new parts and the guy cannot begin to replace broken/misfiring parts.
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #38
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
To some degree I am glad the Steelers lost so we could see some big changes next year, or so I hope.
Lol. There will be no big changes.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #39
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
You gotta be kidding,
My question maybe, too late, water under the bridge, .... whatever, but if I am "questioning" managements HC decision back then, so what ? It's a forum, not a Corporate Meeting, with your BOSS.
;)
lol! I don't care if you criticize them or not. Just don't be surprised if people here go up your ass about it.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
Mike Tomlin has a winning record as Head Coach of the Steelers. He coached the team to two Super Bowls. Realistically speaking, they are not going to fire Tomlin unless the team totally collapses next season.
Tomlin's success as a coach has been masked by the talent of his team and Lebeau. He doesn't read the game well. The players and in particular the QBs just placate to him. If you listen to the NFL SFX show featuring Tomlin, you can hear this false appeasement to his opinion from Ben and Chuck.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote