Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default just curious

A number of members were made fun of because they posted faults about the team throughout preseason and the regular season.

So now that we didn't make the playoffs and our team is clearly falling apart in certain aspects of the game. Is the "sky falling" yet for any of you? Can you Admit the team is less competitive under tomlin?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: just curious

This has nothing to do with Tomlin being a bad coach and this has nothing to do with Haley being a bad OC. The Broncos, Cowboys, and Bungals losses are direct results of Ben making boneheaded decisions when the game was on the line in his hands. The Raiders loss was all on the defense, which hadn't hit its stride yet and obviously improved into an elite (when healthy) unit soon after. The Browns loss was an anomaly because of all the ridiculous turnovers and Batch being rusty. The Ravens loss was on special teams and Ben being injured. The only loss I'd blame Tomlin for is the Titans loss where going for the ridiculous field goal was ill advised.

I'm tired of idiots trying to run Tomlin out of town for one or two bad seasons. The guy's here for the long haul. He's taken us to two Super Bowls and won one. There's no better coach out there for us. This season was a combination of injuries (Ben, OLine, Ike, Troy, Harrison, Woodley), personnel issues (RB, CB), outright poor play (Wallace, Brown, Ben, backup CBs), and maybe one or two ill-advised decisions by Tomlin. Every coach makes some stupid gambles that don't pay off, but nobody gets completely scapegoated for it as the only reason for a team's failure like Tomlin does around here.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
truesteelerfan (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,311 Posts

i thought we were competitive until our o-line started falling apart due to injuries. they'll be back next year

decastro will be big in years to come, but this year he just isn't ready yet. a lot of today's sacks/pressures were on him
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,375 Posts

I've been pretty positive this year throughout. I don't think I made fun of anybody, if so I never meant to.

I would still say though that if it weren't for injuries we would be going to the playoffs. One good blessing with all the injuries is that we know what we have behind the starters. I think Worilds is capable of starting next year and we now know that Polamalu isn't irreplaceable. We need a better answer at RB.

In answer to your question, I don't think the sky is falling. This offseason is going to be a huge test for Tomlin, and I hope he shows what the Rooneys hired him for.

One thing to look forward to--punching the Browns right in their faces. We've got nothing to lose.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
This has nothing to do with Tomlin being a bad coach and this has nothing to do with Haley being a bad OC. The Broncos, Cowboys, and Bungals losses are direct results of Ben making boneheaded decisions when the game was on the line in his hands. The Raiders loss was all on the defense, which hadn't hit its stride yet and obviously improved into an elite (when healthy) unit soon after. The Browns loss was an anomaly because of all the ridiculous turnovers and Batch being rusty. The Ravens loss was on special teams and Ben being injured. The only loss I'd blame Tomlin for is the Titans loss where going for the ridiculous field goal was ill advised.
When they handcuff Ben for the first 58 minutes of a game, he won't be able to bail them out all the time. The problem isn't Ben not coming through at the end, the problem is this team plays scared football, then hopes Ben bails them out when they are losing.

Amazing how many people can't wrap their heads around that.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:

I'm tired of idiots trying to run Tomlin out of town for one or two bad seasons. The guy's here for the long haul. He's taken us to two Super Bowls and won one. There's no better coach out there for us. This season was a combination of injuries (Ben, OLine, Ike, Troy, Harrison, Woodley), personnel issues (RB, CB), outright poor play (Wallace, Brown, Ben, backup CBs), and maybe one or two ill-advised decisions by Tomlin. Every coach makes some stupid gambles that don't pay off, but nobody gets completely scapegoated for it as the only reason for a team's failure like Tomlin does around here.

Keep believing this clueless
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord of Lombardi For This Useful Post:
Millers the sh!t (12-23-2012)
Old 12-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #7
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:

Consistently losing against bad teams equals bad coaching. Fundamentals lost us this season. Every loss was an ugly loss because we gave those games away. Week after week we'd shoot ourselves in the foot with being unprepared and ridiculous turnovers and in game decisions. Get a clue man. Tomlin ain't nothing special as a coach. Hes turning a legacy of a franchise into a joke. Be prepared for more of the same next season. Have your excuses locked and ready next season when we lose to more bottom feeder teams. Wake up man...
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Consistently losing against bad teams equals bad coaching. Fundamentals lost us this season. Every loss was an ugly loss because we gave those games away. Week after week we'd shoot ourselves in the foot with being unprepared and ridiculous turnovers and in game decisions. Get a clue man. Tomlin ain't nothing special as a coach. Hes turning a legacy of a franchise into a joke. Be prepared for more of the same next season. Have your excuses locked and ready next season when we lose to more bottom feeder teams. Wake up man...
So one bad season is "turning a legacy of a franchise into a joke" ??? The last time we had an embarrassing season under Tomlin, and we shot ourselves in the foot all season and lost to bad teams, we went to the Super Bowl the next year. It's not the end of the world, but a lot of people are acting like it. Yeah this season sucked. Yeah Tomlin made some questionable decisions. No he's not an awful coach. No, poor play is not automatically a direct result of bad coaching, especially when you had as many stupid injuries as we did this year and players who should be on the practice squad are forced into starting roles.

Every team has a bad season every once in a while. The Steelers tend to rebound more often than not. How about we wait and see what this team can do when healthy instead of running Tomlin out of town at every tiny opportunity that pops up.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
So one bad season is "turning a legacy of a franchise into a joke" ??? The last time we had an embarrassing season under Tomlin, and we shot ourselves in the foot all season and lost to bad teams, we went to the Super Bowl the next year. It's not the end of the world, but a lot of people are acting like it. Yeah this season sucked. Yeah Tomlin made some questionable decisions. No he's not an awful coach. No, poor play is not automatically a direct result of bad coaching, especially when you had as many stupid injuries as we did this year and players who should be on the practice squad are forced into starting roles.

Every team has a bad season every once in a while. The Steelers tend to rebound more often than not. How about we wait and see what this team can do when healthy instead of running Tomlin out of town at every tiny opportunity that pops up.
Tomlin is like Mark Sanchez.... He's getting worst every year. And Youre like Rex Ryan.... No matter how obvious the problem is, youre blindly supporting it.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Tomlin is like Mark Sanchez.... He's getting worst every year. And Youre like Rex Ryan.... No matter how obvious the problem is, youre blindly supporting it.
I really don't think I'm the blind one here. Tomlin's not perfect, but anyone solely blaming him for this season (you) is just looking for any excuse to run him out of town you can.