Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #11
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162
Default Re: Keisel celebration a personal foul

If he can't do that then they need to eliminate ALL stupid celebrations.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts

It's not called the No Fun League for nothing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #13
FacemeIke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11185

I honestly can not watch the NFL anymore unless its a Steelers game. I love the Steelers too much to give up on the NFL completely, but I can't watch a game between any other two teams. Referees control the outcome of every game with calls like excessive celebration. They call wayyyyy too many pass interference, you cant hit anyone anymore without it being a flag. Its just not the same game. I feel like referees play too big of a part in the game. I don't like the product that Goodell has created, so I dont watch it unless its the Steelers.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Players, coaches, and fans collectively hold their breaths after every play now. It is ridiculous. All of North America stops breathing for a second hundreds of times every Sunday.

What makes it worse is it is Penalty by Committee. The refs always seem to have to talk about the foul. And I can never remember any flag being thrown before where the refs meet and ultimately say there was not foul committed. That happens in every game now.

It used to be penalties were straightforward and obvious. Now they are muddled by subjectivity, spontaneous committee, confusing rules, uneven application, and constant change. Nor have I ever heard so many mis-explanations by the refs. Hell, even they are confused. It is worse than the US tax code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacemeIke View Post
I honestly can not watch the NFL anymore unless its a Steelers game. I love the Steelers too much to give up on the NFL completely, but I can't watch a game between any other two teams. Referees control the outcome of every game with calls like excessive celebration. They call wayyyyy too many pass interference, you cant hit anyone anymore without it being a flag. Its just not the same game. I feel like referees play too big of a part in the game. I don't like the product that Goodell has created, so I dont watch it unless its the Steelers.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
SteelBobbleHead
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18077

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacemeIke View Post
My sentiments exactly. I will only be watching one more NFL game this season.
SteelBobbleHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
STEELMANIAK
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5395

Am I the only one getting sick and tired of the stupid celebrations after we make a play? Brett Keisel is not the only one guilty of this. Seriously these guys keep losing games and think its okay to celebrate after one single play? Get your ass up and do it again without the bullshit, taunting, dancing.

I have an idea, lets try and win the game and after we can dance and celebrate all we want.
STEELMANIAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
VaDave
Team Owner

Member Number: 479
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I think Keisel got caught up in a typically idiotic PR reaction by the league office to the Newtown shootings

Keisel celebrated the sack in his usual manner -- bending to one knee and pretending to shoot a bow and arrow. "They said I can't go to my knees and I can't shoot a weapon,"

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...engals-667604/

I would be interested to find out if the refs have been sent a memo to flag any player conduct that involved guns in particular or a weapon in general

If there was a memo, it should have been passed down to the teams, and distributed to all the players. Personally, I doubt there was a memo, and that this was just another case of PC run amuck.

As for the celebrations, in general: Quote, Charles Heny Noll," Act like you've done it before".

This business of looking like you just won the Spanish lottery after making a routine play is more than a bit cliche. It has all the pizzaz of going to a rock concert and the singer going "OOO YEAH"......
VaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

I almost forgot about the dumb penalty because it happened so early in the game, it was a stain on what was otherwise a very entertaining game.

The official reasoning for it was ludicrous too "going to his knee" was what the official said, I never knew that was considered inappropriate for a celebration before.

I think people may be right that he got caught up in a bit of PC nonsense, similar to when everybody had a spasm over Stevie Johnson mocking Plaxico Burress' self-inflicted injury.

As for celebrating after every play, I agree with a lot of people that it has become almost a comical thing in the league. People so frequently do a dance or flail around in jubilation after even a 1st down stop/catch/run that it's almost lost all meaning. I noticed no less than 3 times this Sunday that a Steelers or Bengal CB posed in celebration after breaking up a pass on 1st down. It's ridiculous, can't even be parodied properly, when I played touch football with the guys at work and mockingly did a "Frankenstein on hydrolics" walk after making a first down catch, I was an NFL player do the same thing like a month later... I couldn't believe it, I'd done the celebration as a joke, as a.. there's no way somebody would do something this stupid after making a silly play joke, but then it happened.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVABE View Post
I agree it was a bullshit call, but once again celebrating has made another steeler look like an idiot.

Do it after a WIN.
I couldn't agree more. It actually was the right call, if you read the rule book. But that aside, BK looked like an idiot for putting the team in that position.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #20
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

This was nuts. Dudes been doing that celebration for years!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote