Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #51
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Big Ben Comebacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
Don't blame Ben for the SB 45 loss. Blame Mendenhall. "Mr. It's only a game. I don't dwell on just one play." Mendenhall has no business playing for this team. It seems to mean nothing to him. In his first season he broke his shoulder early and needed Hines Ward to call him after a few games to start showing up. He felt he didn't need to be there if he wasn't playing. He also pulled the same stunt this year against S.D. Ben can only do so much and it's not like he gets Brady and Manning type protection from the officials.Take that protection from Brady and Manning and they are no better than above average.
I believe that he threw 2 interceptions in that game, one for a pick six from his own end zone. Even Harrison called Ben out. That's when the magic began to fade. He hasn't been as clutch since. I hope he can clear his head and get it back.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #52
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

[QUOTE=BLACK_AND_YELLOW;1069944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
He only

How long did it take until Peyton got going again?

Just because the man struggled does not mean he is lazy, and are you saying Ben has no heart?? really?? do you need a helment? you just proved that if anybodys argument is pathetic its yours i'll tell you that

Not clutch? 29 total Comebacks/game-winning drives...thats not clutch? ok yeah im done talking to you, since you hardly know what your talking about since you're all over Peytons jock.
It took all the way up to week one for Peyton to get going again. He out performed Mr clutch big Ben that week too.... Big time. BTW how did that game end? Oh yeah, Mr clutch Big Ben threw a pick six to seal the game.

There's a thin line between having heart and being stupid. Playing injured and hurting the team cause you can't perform close to your potential is stupid and not having heart.

Having heart is admitting you have a weakness and working endlessly to change your stupid ways cause it's hurting the team.

And just so you know... A "game winning drive or comeback" only means that ur team was down by a point or more during a game and you still won the game. So, if the opposing team got the ball first and scored a fg on their oppening drive, and Big Ben OR THE RUNNINGBACK scored a TD at some point during the rest of the 55 minutes of the game and we won..... That counts and is marked in the stat books as a "comeback win and/or game winning drive.". That is hardly clutch. To me, Clutch is winning a game when you're down, during the last possible drive of the game which Ben has done two times in his career that I can remember. Just In the last 4 years alone, I've seen Ben fail miserably more that 15 times in That same predicament...

One last thing hot shot...Great qb's like Peyton don't have to worry about being clutch, cause they rarely ever put their team into position where they HAVE to score on their last possession to win. Great qb's always have their team in the lead and leave the pressure of catching up to less superior qb's.

Get a clue bro' Youre terrible at making a case for yourself..... Absolutely terrible.
plenewken (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:44 AM   #53
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I'll say it again as Ive said it a few times over the last couple of years, Ben is the right QB for this team. He had a difficult year. The whole team had one of those years. The biggest problem with this team is the lack of leadership we have. I am sure that will change over the off season and next training camp.
We lost Hines, Farrior and Smith. Those are 3 guys that are tough to replace . You can bet your ass the WR's wouldn't have had the problems they had with Hines still here, Farrior was a great TEAM leader. Those guys were replaced on the field but NOT at the leadership level. Until we find leaders of that quality this team will struggle. I noticed some guys starting towards the end to gain that characteristic. Guys like Cark, but I also didn't think anyone stepped up on the offense to carry on for Hines. Hopefully an off season of reflection of a season lost will "help" someone step up to the pulpit on the offense. Hopefully it's Ben, but Maurice would be nice too.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick5895 For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #54
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,554 Times in 10,367 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
I'll say it again as Ive said it a few times over the last couple of years, Ben is the right QB for this team. He had a difficult year. The whole team had one of those years. The biggest problem with this team is the lack of leadership we have. I am sure that will change over the off season and next training camp.
We lost Hines, Farrior and Smith. Those are 3 guys that are tough to replace . You can bet your ass the WR's wouldn't have had the problems they had with Hines still here, Farrior was a great TEAM leader. Those guys were replaced on the field but NOT at the leadership level. Until we find leaders of that quality this team will struggle. I noticed some guys starting towards the end to gain that characteristic. Guys like Cark, but I also didn't think anyone stepped up on the offense to carry on for Hines. Hopefully an off season of reflection of a season lost will "help" someone step up to the pulpit on the offense. Hopefully it's Ben, but Maurice would be nice too.
^^That was a great post.^^
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
That sounds great and all but the only thing I foresee happening is more veterans being let go this off-season lowering the chance of having a leader or any influence in the locker room to motivate our young guys to become great. Clark is a beast and in terms of being a leader, I respect him the most and believe he is the man for the job. Troy too quiet, Harrison, too real, he likes to do his motivating on the field, not with his words. Kiesel, too much of a clown etc etc. Clark is intelligent, speaks with authority but calm, plays his heart out every down and is one of my favorite players in the black and gold. The problem is though Rick, we need an offensive leader. I don't think Ben is the right man for the job. I'd say Heath is qualified but he's too quiet and humble. maybe we cab get one of the tough guys on the o line, like Starks or The Colon, etc. If not then I feel Tomlin has to fill the role or have Veterans come in hang with the player's during practice for a few days out of the week and challenge these unmotivated and underperfm
Old 12-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #56
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President

Member Number: 18312
Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,428 Posts
My Mood: Amused

[QUOTE=Millers the sh!t;1069983]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post

It took all the way up to week one for Peyton to get going again. He out performed Mr clutch big Ben that week too.... Big time. BTW how did that game end? Oh yeah, Mr clutch Big Ben threw a pick six to seal the game.

There's a thin line between having heart and being stupid. Playing injured and hurting the team cause you can't perform close to your potential is stupid and not having heart.

Having heart is admitting you have a weakness and working endlessly to change your stupid ways cause it's hurting the team.
And just so you know... A "game winning drive or comeback" only means that ur team was down by a point or more during a game and you still won the game. So, if the opposing team got the ball first and scored a fg on their oppening drive, and Big Ben OR THE RUNNINGBACK scored a TD at some point during the rest of the 55 minutes of the game and we won..... That counts and is marked in the stat books as a "comeback win and/or game winning drive.". That is hardly clutch. To me, Clutch is winning a game when you're down, during the last possible drive of the game which Ben has done two times in his career that I can remember. Just In the last 4 years alone, I've seen Ben fail miserably more that 15 times in That same predicament...

One last thing hot shot...Great qb's like Peyton don't have to worry about being clutch, cause they rarely ever put their team into position where they HAVE to score on their last possession to win. Great qb's always have their team in the lead and leave the pressure of catching up to less superior qb's.

Get a clue bro' Youre terrible at making a case for yourself..... Absolutely terrible.
you're hard headed as fuck, he is not perfect nobody is but he is still on of the clutchest QBs in the game

not making a case for myself? I just basically said Ben knows how to get it done in big games not like Peyton has, idgaf if he has 4 mvps and wins another one but if you dont win a ring it dont mean shit. Is peyton one of the best? umm duh no shit but clearly he is not the same player when he goes to the playoffs, not like Ben he usually makes the plays that gets us the win.

He had two bad games but does that mean he is going to suck in the future also? no.

And being able to clutch is everything, shit it means everything in every sport, btw didn't Peyton choke in the Super bowl cause he couldn't clutch under that type of pressure?
BLACK_AND_YELLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #57
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
That sounds great and all but the only thing I foresee happening is more veterans being let go this off-season lowering the chance of having a leader or any influence in the locker room to motivate our young guys to become great. Clark is a beast and in terms of being a leader, I respect him the most and believe he is the man for the job. Troy too quiet, Harrison, too real, he likes to do his motivating on the field, not with his words. Kiesel, too much of a clown etc etc. Clark is intelligent, speaks with authority but calm, plays his heart out every down and is one of my favorite players in the black and gold. The problem is though Rick, we need an offensive leader. I don't think Ben is the right man for the job. I'd say Heath is qualified but he's too quiet and humble. maybe we cab get one of the tough guys on the o line, like Starks or The Colon, etc. If not then I feel Tomlin has to fill the role or have Veterans come in hang with the player's during practice for a few days out of the week and challenge these unmotivated and underperfm
I agree. That's why I say hopefully Ben steps up. Anyway merry christmas
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote