Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340
Default Ben=Bret

Ben reminds me of Favre so much. He'll make some spectacular plays and on the same drive, break your heart. I saw an interview with Bret. He said he doesn't go threw he's reads. He said he goes from 1 straight to his 4th read. If them 2 not open, he just improvise. THAT'S BEN! Not your prototype, technical QB but a gun slinger. And gun slingers love the long ball. They not about reading defences or checking down or throwing it out of bounds. They ALWAYS try to make SOMETHING happen when nothing is there. Ben is a good Qb but asking him to do something he's not good at doing is risky.
EbonySteel86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Re: Ben=Bret

I somewhat agree with you

Brett was much more wild and thus only won 1 Super Bowl. Ben is pretty wild as well - not as cerebral as Brady or Manning. Sometimes it's great to watch but lately it's been more agony. I don't know a better QB that's available now so we are basically stuck with him and its not the worst situation either as he is good enough to win you super bowls
Old 12-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

With our defense, we just need a decent game manager like Alex Smith. Get a real running back and let our o line get physical and practice run blocking like we used to 7-8 years ago.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

Do you people realize that Ben isn't 100% because he is playing beat up. Give the guy a break. If he got all the mercy calls and bs penalties that Brady and the Manning boys get, he woul;d be more dominant than all of them put together.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

I watched the first half of the game against the Bungals (because I had to go to work, not because I gave uo on them) and I see no heart in any of our receivers, although Brown shows flashes. Wallace just seems to care about his upcoming big contract even though he can't catch half the passes thrown to him. And for those of you who thought Arians sucked so bad, you got your wish . He's gone and Todd Haley is 20 times worse. Never seen more terrible play caslling since Joe Walton.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
Do you people realize that Ben isn't 100% because he is playing beat up. Give the guy a break. If he got all the mercy calls and bs penalties that Brady and the Manning boys get, he woul;d be more dominant than all of them put together.

Move over Daniel Tosh, there is an even funnier man on earth.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
Ok. Next time Ben is hurt - just let me know so I can shelve any hopes for Steeler victories because as you see it - losses are ACCEPTABLE because players are hurt. Heck, why even play a game. Just forfeit and let our guys heal, right?

You make excuses as easy as I let out farts.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Ben is turning into a latter day Brett Favre. I said the exact thing in another thread. I even heard it from a host on 93.7 the fan.

For me, it comes down to decision making. That's what the position is really about. A veteran QB should not be throwing INTs that costs the team the game in the final seconds. I expect more from Ben. He missed easy opportunities to move the chains by just running. It's those kind of head scratching decisions that are incredibly puzzling. The effort is there but he's not playing smart. He's forcing things and its hurting the club. He needs more help around him. They need to rely less on him and try to get him to just manage the game like he used to do.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Like I said in another topic, Ben cannot be trusted running an offense on his own. He is not cerebral enough. He is way too greedy and wants it all on every pass play. "Let Ben be Ben" results in more seasons like this. Like I said the year before last, Arians was only half of the problem with the offense. Ben is the other half.

When Haley put him on the "Short Passing Game" leash earlier this year, he was on pace for his most productive season yet, whenever we let him off the leash and "Let Ben be Ben", he started to stink. It's just not in Ben's head that taking what the D gives you leads to more success. Sandlot is in his blood. It's not going to be coached out of him, it needs to be gameplanned around. "Hey Ben, we did my way, and we've seen your way. We're doing it this way from now on."

It's time to stop fooling ourselves with this guy. He's not a Tom Brady type when he can counted on making smart decisions on his own. The coaching staff has to make the decisions for him. Time for the leash and he's not getting off of it.

Brett Favre only won a single Super Bowl with Green Bay for a reason. If this continues, the Steelers will never sniff #7 until Ben retires.

Last edited by Edman; 12-25-2012 at 03:30 AM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-25-2012), ZoneBlitzer (12-25-2012)