Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #171
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,364 Times in 2,072 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Who to draft in 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Exactly why I hope we draft him and the kid is a leader.
yea - the game and the opponent, in more ways than one - just looked too big for ND

if he was available would I take him for leadership alone? Hell yes - great great potential to be our next James Farrior type of guy for years to come IMO - I wouldn't trade up for him though - like I was thinking of before last night's game. That Crimson O-line looked NFL caliber next to what seemed like kids playing Div III football - so overly matched in size and strength it wasn't even fair really. You coudl have plugged in any of the next 3 teams and thereafter in NDs place and I think they would have gotten steamrolled as well last night.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:44 AM   #172
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
yea - the game and the opponent, in more ways than one - just looked too big for ND

if he was available would I take him for leadership alone? Hell yes - great great potential to be our next James Farrior type of guy for years to come IMO - I wouldn't trade up for him though - like I was thinking of before last night's game. That Crimson O-line looked NFL caliber next to what seemed like kids playing Div III football - so overly matched in size and strength it wasn't even fair really. You coudl have plugged in any of the next 3 teams and thereafter in NDs place and I think they would have gotten steamrolled as well last night.
Is a James Farrior type needed in todays NFL???
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #173
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,078 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Any 1st-2nd round TE prospects? Thinking because of Miller's injury he might not be ready to go at the beginning of the season.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #174
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,955 Times in 4,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Any 1st-2nd round TE prospects? Thinking because of Miller's injury he might not be ready to go at the beginning of the season.
Ertz from Stanford and Eifert from ND.

I would prefer us making a push to go and grab Martellus Bennett in free agency, though. Sure-hands and finds ways to get open in the red zone. He won't command a lot of cash which fits in perfectly for our current cap situation.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Steeler7BR (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #175
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Is a James Farrior type needed in todays NFL???
I think Farrior types work just fine, but Farrior lost a BIG step with his age. I agree initially I said I would trade up to 10get to get Te'o. I wouldn't after last.night but at 17the I would take him with my pick in under 10 seconds.
wwhickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #176
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
I think Farrior types work just fine, but Farrior lost a BIG step with his age. I agree initially I said I would trade up to 10get to get Te'o. I wouldn't after last.night but at 17the I would take him with my pick in under 10 seconds.
I would take the guy that whopped him , Chance Warmack ...and Cut Colon and sign Foster to be a swing backup

yes I know it will cost more this year since cutting Colon only frees up 1 mill... but it frees up space for later years

just a quick Mock

1 - Change Warmack - OG - Bama - the guys a beast enough said

2 - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers - Not necessarily a "need" but if he falls to us in the 2nd you can never have enough talented CBs and Ike will be a cap casualty soon...plus he plays like a Steeler

3 - Duke Williiams - SS - Nevada - good value here , sit behind troy and clark for a year and ready to take over

4 - Gerald Hodges - ILB - Penn State - would move inside most likely , but he's a beast

5- Michael Williams - TE - Bama - Great Run blocking TE with some Red zone ability

6 - Phillip Steward - OLB/ILB - Houston - not to sure if he played inside or outside or
really anything about him ... but his stats seem really interesting http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/...steward-1.html ... Interviews say he thinks he's best at pass coverage ...

7 - MarQueis Gray - WR - Minnesota - Big Body QB/WR , he played both in college ... maybe a project but he's a big body
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #177
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Ertz from Stanford and Eifert from ND.

I would prefer us making a push to go and grab Martellus Bennett in free agency, though. Sure-hands and finds ways to get open in the red zone. He won't command a lot of cash which fits in perfectly for our current cap situation.
Hi, I'm Stephen A Smith. You may remember me from such rants as "Kwame Brown has NO BUSINESS being near the ball in the 4th quarter" or "Jamarcus Russell has no shame." I love Martellus Bennett like a brother... it pains me to say this... but the Pittsburgh Steelers would be out of their minds to sign him!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDvkkGvPTE[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrDvkkGvPTE[/YOUTUBE]

lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #178
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Hi, I'm Stephen A Smith. You may remember me from such rants as "Kwame Brown has NO BUSINESS being near the ball in the 4th quarter" or "Jamarcus Russell has no shame." I love Martellus Bennett like a brother... it pains me to say this... but the Pittsburgh Steelers would be out of their minds to sign him!
Broken link brah! Are all the YouTube tags on this site down or are most of us just not using them properly? I'm confused.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #179
Darkstorm05
Team Captain

Member Number: 19897

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Broken link brah! Are all the YouTube tags on this site down or are most of us just not using them properly? I'm confused.
They aren't being entered properly. You're supposed to enter just the video ID, not the entire URL.
Darkstorm05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #180
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstorm05 View Post
They aren't being entered properly. You're supposed to enter just the video ID, not the entire URL.
Gotcha.

Lloyd, here's the video that you linked:

[YOUTUBE]NrDvkkGvPTE[/YOUTUBE]

This just in, Stephen A. Smith is still a ranting lunatic that overreacts to everything in sports media. How these two even have jobs still is amazing to me. They love to talk and say absolutely nothing at all and yet, their fanbases are huge?