Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #41
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Who wants to lose????

You people are all nuts if you think the Clowns don't want to lose on purpose to get a better draft position. They can probably move up more than we can move up with a loss. It will be "the see who wants to lose it worse for the draft position Bowl".

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #42
Lady Steel
Queen Bee
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,372 Times in 2,088 Posts
My Mood: Angelic

Not only do I want our Steelers to win against the Browns, but I want them to decimate them. I know, that's funny. But, I'm serious. I want our offense to put up a ton of points and I want our defense to hurt people. (Still .)

Git 'r done and go out with a big win against a division rival. HERE WE GO!
Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #43
Barry H
Water Boy

Member Number: 24682

Well, a loss would be keeping with who we are. Inferior to our division rivals. Inferior to the Patriots. Inferior - this year - to the Broncos.
We'll probably be looking up at the Ravens AND the Bengals next year.
I wish the Penguins were playing.
Even with a few beers in me, I can't shake how miserable Steelers black and gold has made me feel of late.
Barry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #44
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,343 Times in 4,422 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Holy fucking SHIT. Fuck that dude. GO STEELERS!
well worded, that about sums it up for me...
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
Saluki
Water Boy

Member Number: 24676

Without telling me, the GF dropped a few hundy on two tix for Sunday's game as an Xmas gift. It will be her first NFL game since the Rams don't really count. I'm driving from Illinois to visit family and hit the game. The last thing I want to see is a loss.
Saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #46
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,343 Times in 4,422 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Steelers Roster: Ike Taylor, Heath Miller and Baron Batch placed on injured reserve

By SteelCityRoller on Dec 27

Despite the appearance of an inconsequential contest, the Steelers begin preparations for their final game by ending the seasons of three players.

debate has blossomed over whether the Steelers should play for the win against the Cleveland Browns in week 17, or to evaluate talent. Judging by their roster moves on Wednesday, the Steelers intend to do both.

With no playoff implications for either team, the Steelers could have simply deactivated their most injured men, and limped through the contest. The offseason awaits them once the final second ticks off the clock. However, the Steelers have no intention of throwing in the towel, and took the necessary steps to insure a healthy active roster.

Heath Miller, who sustained severe injuries to the ligaments in his knee, will not return to team functions until sometime in 2013. Miller was placed on injured reserve.

Ike Taylor broke his ankle in week 13, and wore a protective boot until recently. Despite the optimism surrounding Taylor's health while playoff hopes were still alive, Taylor's participation against the Browns will not resuscitate the team's post-season dreams. Instead of risking further injury, Taylor was also placed on injured reserve.

Baron Batch broke his arm this past Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. He underwent corrective surgery on Monday, and will not be able to play against the Browns. Batch became the third player to be placed on injured reserve.

With three empty spots to fill, the Steelers promoted three other players from the practice squad: linebacker Marshall McFadden, safety Da'Mon Cromartie-Smith, and tight end Jamie McCoy. All three players will most likely be expected to contribute on special teams, but each might find playing time at their skill positions as well.

Depending on the flow of the game, Cromartie-Smith could find time in the secondary spelling Troy Polamalu who has been playing through recovery from a calf issue that forced him to miss most of the season. McFadden could find snaps at inside linebacker, in place of either Lawrence Timmons or Larry Foote. Foote is not under contract next season, and McFadden could be seen as a possible future option at the interior spots, at least as depth. McCoy stands the best chance of seeing the field, as he will be the third tight end on the depth chart behind David Paulson and Leonard Pope.

To fill out their practice squad, the Steelers signed DB Walter McFadden and WR Bert Reed.

While the Steelers still claim they will play to win the game, their effort to get healthy unproven players on the roster in time for game preparation suggests they will also be evaluating prospects for 2013.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...r-Batch-Taylor
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #47
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040

Gotta admit that I wouldn't terribly mind having that higher draft pick after a loss to the Browns. But remember, Tomlin is gonna be the guy making the pick, so it's a close call.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #48
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

It absolutely amazes me that as many "Old-timers" are on this forum, as many fans who proclaim themselves as Steeler fans of the tough defense and pound an opponent down, the fans who question the effort and heart of this team would now when it would appear to be an advantage, want your team to "tank" a game. Not just any game but a game at home against the Freaking Browns, a game that cements a losing season at 7-9. For what? To draft higher and pay a higher initial rookie salary, a pick that can pan out just as well as say, Mendenhall or Sweed.

Screw losing, you lose one with such disdain for the game and it becomes much easier to do when its for real. I know this season did not go well. We did have injuries and while other teams have them, I have paid immense attention to other teams blight and ours was as bad as any this year. We went through coaching change and while most fans were happy, do not forget for one minute that Tomlin was not on board, neither was Ben, and if truth be know there was more than a few that were not happy on the team. It was touch and go as to whether this season was going to be a smooth transition. So now when all appears lost some would be happy with a loss to a hated opponent, for a chance to pick higher and put all you hopes in a player that is picked 5-9 spots higher. I hope our FO is able to actually do their homework and use the available picks to improve this team and not rely on having to lose to "improve". Unfreaking believable.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:21 AM   #49
rpbncb
Water Boy

Member Number: 24679

Beating the snot out of the Browns means NOTHING at this point. I'll take the draft position better. Love the Steelers but still really, really PISSED !!!!!
rpbncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #50
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Draft position means squat if not used wisely.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote