Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,978 Times in 3,413 Posts
Default carson palmer- fish or cut bait!

carson is suggesting that he dont think hell be ready to go for any game this preseason. today m. lewis hinted that if he doesnt play in the next game or 2 hes not gonna start him. is lewis putting the hot iron to him to get his ass on the field?

lewis covered his ass fromappearing to play the heavy hand by stating that only carson knows when he mentally and physically feels ready to go and the team is not gonna dictate when that happens.

carson has declared that he is sick of answereing questions about his knee and lewis said he was too. but from now on the media has been directed to leave carson alone and all knee questions will be addressed by the head coach.

wow! carson comes off looking softer than sharmin, and lewis comes of as a manipulative self serving dictator.

and in light of bens motorcycle accident he looks like a valiant hero and cowher looks like a trusting coach who can appropriately handle any situation.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
AZ_Steeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2700
Default Re: carson palmer- fish or cut bait!

I saw the Carson interview and he really sounded... kind of scared! I actually couldn't believe what he was saying primarily because you don't normally hear those words come from an athlete. I really believe 83-Steelers-43 said it best when comparing Ben and Carson though.

Marvin could really be losing some faith in his QB and getting irritated, especially when he sees what happened to Ben and Ben is already on the field again. I really feel his comments were to get Carson thinking and get him on the field again, however, a lot of it has to do with what you said about the coaches trusting their players and knowing how to handle certain situations. Marvin has no control right now and his trust in Palmer is definitely on the decline.
AZ_Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

What I heard in the interviews with Palmer tells the tale..... He doesn't feel that he is ready - - - he is doubting himself in his head, and that will lead to indecision when and if he finally goes in to play.... I know that the surgery and healing process have been hard on him, but he has to get out there and do it.....

It is interesting to see how two individuals handle injury and adversity - - - - Palmer has been the naysayer and Ben didn't have a moment of doubt that he would be out there playing ASAP!!!!!!

I am glad that we have the right man leading our team - - - - wait - - - strike that - - - we have the right MEN leading our team - - - a Quarterback with guts and the mindset to win, and a Coach who has confidence in his players and will be supportive, no matter what!!!!!

Mahalo, Ben and mahalo, Coach Cowher for being exactly what we need to repeat...... Miami, here we come............
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Thing is, if he doesn't play football like he did before, what the hell else would he do? There's no need in the NFL for another mediocre quarterback. He might be able to sell insurance with Touchdown Tommy, maybe? THe guy's gotta pull his act together and realize he can be a car salesman on his knee like it is, or after it gets blown out again; but he can only be a great NFL QB by getting out there and doing it. If he babies it, he's on his way out just as surely as if he never did any rehab at all.

I think he'll come around. I hope so. I like the guy, and I like him most when he's ****y and winning. I hope that all his comments are just, "This is what I need to do to get back to beating the Steelers, I need a little more time," and not, "I don't know that I'll ever get back there." I like to play the best, not the ones left over.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Funny, it seemed only a few months ago both of those individuals had no problem telling the world how they would be ready for the regular season and back stronger than ever!

Now it seems that Carson has transformed from Alexander the "Great" to Timid Tiny Tim. While at the same time Marvin is playin the angry father who wants to push his kid harder than the kid is able in or for him to live vicariously through his supposed guaranteed success. Interestin to say the least.

On a side note, the newly self-appointed "Don of Cin-city" Marvin Lewis performed another interview today in which he stated that the man he thought was his "up-and-comer" has now become soft and a possible leak to his secure organization that he now refers to as the "Black Stripes." This new moniker for the bengals team and organization given by Lewis is supposed to call attention away from the color orange which in the words or the esteemed Don Lewis are "too close to what I've seen in the Pen." Questions as to whether these comments mean that Lewis is "jail-o-phobic" are yet to be answered but with most of his team possibly havin to spend time in the penal system it would be understandable that Lewis would not want to associate his organization with a color that some would regard as far too appropriate. As to the new methods of organizational fundraisin that is again still yet to be decipherred. When it finally is the report to the public will most likely be delayed due to the FBI not wantin to tip off the Don that he has been found out on his illegal activity. The FBI and other government organizations have commented that not since the time of Al Capone has an individual took such control of a delusional and out of control society with the ease and extent that Marvin Lewis has. This has been creditted to the fact that, like Capone, Lewis has surrounded himself with various types and kinds of men that can be used for all sorts of criminal activity.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Funny how people were criticizing Palmer for trying to rush back into action and risk injury...and now the same people are criticizing him for doing the complete opposite.

Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Carson was injured on the field, Ben was injured on a bike. The same hesitancy from Carson about getting back on the field is the same hesitancy that Ben will probably experience about getting back on his bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca
Thing is, if he doesn't play football like he did before, what the hell else would he do? There's no need in the NFL for another mediocre quarterback. He might be able to sell insurance with Touchdown Tommy, maybe? THe guy's gotta pull his act together and realize he can be a car salesman on his knee like it is, or after it gets blown out again; but he can only be a great NFL QB by getting out there and doing it. If he babies it, he's on his way out just as surely as if he never did any rehab at all.
Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #7
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Funny how people were criticizing Palmer for trying to rush back into action and risk injury...and now the same people are criticizing him for doing the complete opposite.

Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Carson was injured on the field, Ben was injured on a bike. The same hesitancy from Carson about getting back on the field is the same hesitancy that Ben will probably experience about getting back on his bike.

Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.
Too bad his coach doesnt feel the same way....
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Daunte Culpepper had a very similar, if not the same injury that Carson Palmer had. He started his rehab after Palmer did, and he's already out on the field.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #9
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines86Ward
Daunte Culpepper had a very similar, if not the same injury that Carson Palmer had. He started his rehab after Palmer did, and he's already out on the field.
Daunte Culpepper got injured almost two months before Palmer did...and just because he's back on the field doesn't mean he's 100%.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,631 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85

exactly...who has it all too loose by coming back to early??? sure as hell isn't marv!!! palmer had the serious version of knee problems and by rights shouldn't even see the field till probably week 4. i would have said week 1 would have been pushing it,but to come back in a meaningless pre season game would be assanine on his part and lewis's.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote