Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
Cyphon
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24613
Thanked 1,000 Times in 519 Posts
Default Re: RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
I don't know what you guys see in these 2 guys to think they are feature backs.
I see the numbers. Admittedly, I am not sold on Dwyer yet. I think there is still growing to be done with him. But Redman is easily a feature back. You can check to other threads to see the numbers and explanations if you want. I have posted them multiple times.
Cyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
I see the numbers. Admittedly, I am not sold on Dwyer yet. I think there is still growing to be done with him. But Redman is easily a feature back. You can check to other threads to see the numbers and explanations if you want. I have posted them multiple times.
Yup!! OK!! He's our feature back lol
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
Cherinko
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5744

Overall the Steelers are ranked 28th in yards per carry at 3.8. Given that this was done with 3 different RB's....I don't know if the RB's are the problem..
Cherinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #24
Justp94
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21937

Mendenhall will be back...
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #25
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Ray Graham Pitt round 5
This. He got dropped down in most draft boards because of his injury, otherwise he may have been a first rounder. Would be a real steal.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #26
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Let's get this straight for a minute. There might only be 2 running backs here next year that were here this year; Baron Batch and Chris Rainey (Batch because we can offer league minimum and he has to take it or quit the NFL).

Redman and Dwyer are RFA's next year. That means we can either match an offer they get elsewhere or receive a draft pick for them. I don't expect us to match any offer they get (if they get any offers). I expect us to take draft picks instead. If they don't get any offers elsewhere, then we probably resign either or both for league minimum.

I truly do not expect The Steelers to give Mendenhall much money after the hit of around $3.5 million this season with very little production or value. I expect him to go somewhere else. I agree that he has quite a bit of talent, but the way he handles himself and the ball leaves quite a bit to be desired.

That leaves drafting a RB or getting one through FA. There are very few good RB's in the upcoming draft, so a decent one might be available in rounds 2 or 3. In FA who could we legitimately get? Steven Jackson would be a great veteran if we could afford him. Shonn Greene, Peyton Hillis or Cedric Benson may not be an improvement. Do you reach for someone like Reggie Bush? What about Ronnie Brown or Jackie Battle? I wouldn't even be surprised if we brought Mewelde Moore back again.

Truth is that there is no real obvious option at RB and we may have the same woes as this season if the O-line doesn't get it together.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 AM   #27
WokeUpWithaWoodley
Team Captain

Member Number: 24000

If we don't bring Mendenhall back which I hope we do. I wouldn't mind drafting levvon bell from Michigan state bigger guy with more speed than Redman or Dwyer. And lets not lust Rainey as a rb all he will every be is a special teamer
WokeUpWithaWoodley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

This is off topic a bit but I was just watching the end of the Vikings-Packers agme and Adrian Peterson missed breaking the single season rushing record by 9 yards. When Pam Oliver told him, he genuinely didn't realize BUT didn't care! That's a class act! Why can't we grab an AP EVER! Instead we get a guy who thinks his political beliefs are more important than showing up on gameday and holding onto the ball! Damn is AP great! Really like the guy now!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to austinfrench76 For This Useful Post:
EbonySteel86 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #29
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Mendy should be gone, but their was a report out last week or the week before that the FO was talking to his agent. Hopefully they were just arranging his locker clean out schedule. There is no way they see this guy as a success in our backfield. Even today he kept dancing before hitting the hole.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #30
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Helps he equally has an OLINE to block for him.

not defending mendy as he lets the hole close while he decides which way to run. Bu our Oline doesn't exactly smell of success!
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote