Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Seriously, Tomlin? Why even play Ben...

If Ben is cleared, he plays. If I were him, you'd better freakin believe I'd be out on the field. Not even Tomlin would stop me… he'd have to make me inactive. If Ben felt it is better to not play and watch a loss from the sideline (hell we could lose with him in the game) then he shouldn't be leading the offense.

Cripes, I hear people talk about being flat and not having fire. This is what you signed up for as an athlete in the NFL. There should be nothing short of an injury keeping you off the field, unless you are playing the following week and a win doesn't help you THIS season. You are at home, it is a division game it's the last one you'll have for a while. Nail it and remind the stains who they really are, otherwise we are the new freakin stains of the afc north. If that doesn't make you want to play to win, go the hell back home and watch like the rest of us.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

If the Steelers had homefield/first-round bye locked up Ben would not play because it was a meaningless game.

This is a stupid thread.

4 pages of comments over a meaningless game.

I think everyone on the side of playing Ben out of psychological necessity is a little out there.

Things being what they are Tomlin's approach will be to play Ben.

If Ben gets severely injured you are going to cry like babies about another poor Tomlin decision and you know it.

"Let's play an 80% Ben just to show those Brownstains!"

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:57 AM   #33
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

The great thing about this game is that there is absolutely no pressure on The Steelers. That means everyone can go out and HAVE FUN! That is what the game is about so the coaches should let play whoever wants to play is what I say. Wallace can sit on his ass again. Guys want to play and earn a spot on next year's team. How will Plax earn his spot without Ben throwing to him?
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #34
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's not like we have a young backup QB we need to take a look at.

Ben is cleared to play and the last thing we need is to bench him after he blew 2 consecutive games with horrible interceptions. Do we really want him going into the offseason stewing on that? It could eat away at him all offseason and shake his confidence knowing that he helped cost us a playoff spot.

I'd much rather give him the ball again and give him a chance to redeem himself in the last game of the season against a division rival. Give him a chance to go out on a high note and get his confidence back.
How can a QB redeem himself when he has led his team to 2 superbowl wins with three app. Countless playoff games, coaching changes, numerous go to WR changes and he still needs redeeming? I wish Ben the best in the upcoming game along with our team. Ben is in a rough place and he knows it and doing his best be a leader good times or bad. These calls from the sideline of run, run, throw a slant out route is not going to cut it. This is not Pop Warner coaches please .... just want us to walk off the field no injuries.