Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #101
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,868
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
How many legitimate Pro Bowl nominations does Ben have? How many seasons has he ranked in the top 5 in the League?
These 2 elements illustrate Ben's own skills and achievements, not team achievements.

Yes, Ben has 2 SB rings ......... so does Charlie Batch. Just sayin' ....... Based on his performance in the 3 Superbowls he played, Ben should consider himself very lucky to play for the Steelers, not the other way around.

Ben has never been ranked higher than 7th in passing yds. He once ranked 3rd in number of TDs, the rest is in the 2 digits rankings. He's a top 20% QB in the League. no question, but elite? Nope. Even with the weak schedule we had this season (and next season), Ben didn't make an impact.

I don't see $100M worth of production from Ben, sorry. I don't want to see him gone but I'm not creaming my pants watching him play.

You Ben fans tell me what I'm missing.

What you are missing about our 100M QB ( oh how you love to trot that out every post) is just what a bargain he really is. I looked up some QB salaries around the league and I will be glad to see some more recent figures if someones can find them but from Feb of this year here was the QB salaries that were Cap Hits.

1 Peyton 17M at that time. I do not have figures for his current deal.
2. Brady 15.2
3 Eli 15.2
4. Stafford 14.5
5 Sanchez 14.2
6. Romo 14 (how bout those last two)
7. Rivers 13.9 (just keeps getting better)
8.Vick 13.9 (Where's Ben if these three clowns are here)
9. Ryan 13 ( Great season player, no show come playoff time)
10 Carson Palmer 12.5 (WTF)
11. Ben 11.7 (AH a bargain at number 11)

BTW these numbers were before Brees had signed a deal so you can imagine that he is high if not at the top. I assume Peyton signed for less but I also imagine he still would be top 10, So you see Haters we get our investment back at QB position compared to the rest of the league. Everybody can't sign a rookie to a rrokie contract and expect playoffs every year like Luck and RGII, and don't forget they were number 1 and 2 both signed pretty good contract them selves.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #102
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 6,392
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 39,946
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Wow! Sanchez and Vick are the two I'm most surprised about. What were the Jets and the Eagles thinking?

By comparison Ben is definitiely a great deal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
I think so too, but there are about 50 players rumored to be first round draft choices so far. someone has to fall...
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #103
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,868
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Found on Forbes top 100 paid players there was 30 NFL players, Ben was ranked #42 overall. I did not know but Ben does not have the highest salary on the Steelers, that honor belongs to Lamar Woodley holding down the number 31 spot.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #104
steelfury02
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,737
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 2,751
Thanked 2,830 Times in 1,363 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Found on Forbes top 100 paid players there was 30 NFL players, Ben was ranked #42 overall. I did not know but Ben does not have the highest salary on the Steelers, that honor belongs to Lamar Woodley holding down the number 31 spot.
ive hated on Ben plenty since his return from injury - but, Lamar certainly needs to restructure his contract - that's a lot of zingerz and star crunches
__________________

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #105
Quackjack
Head Coach
 
Quackjack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Redskins Land (North Virginia)
Posts: 1,679
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 935
Thanked 511 Times in 289 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Looks like a looooooot of our boys are on the brink. Hope we can keep Hampton...
__________________
Quackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #106
Terminator
Team Captain
 
Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 832
Member Number: 24492
Thanks: 380
Thanked 598 Times in 228 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackjack View Post
Hope we can keep Hampton...


Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #107
plenewken
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,474
Member Number: 3447
Thanks: 125
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
What you are missing about our 100M QB ( oh how you love to trot that out every post) is just what a bargain he really is. I looked up some QB salaries around the league and I will be glad to see some more recent figures if someones can find them but from Feb of this year here was the QB salaries that were Cap Hits.

1 Peyton 17M at that time. I do not have figures for his current deal.
2. Brady 15.2
3 Eli 15.2
4. Stafford 14.5
5 Sanchez 14.2
6. Romo 14 (how bout those last two)
7. Rivers 13.9 (just keeps getting better)
8.Vick 13.9 (Where's Ben if these three clowns are here)
9. Ryan 13 ( Great season player, no show come playoff time)
10 Carson Palmer 12.5 (WTF)
11. Ben 11.7 (AH a bargain at number 11)

BTW these numbers were before Brees had signed a deal so you can imagine that he is high if not at the top. I assume Peyton signed for less but I also imagine he still would be top 10, So you see Haters we get our investment back at QB position compared to the rest of the league. Everybody can't sign a rookie to a rrokie contract and expect playoffs every year like Luck and RGII, and don't forget they were number 1 and 2 both signed pretty good contract them selves.
Two (or more) wrongs don't make one right. Ben has already (or will) drop further down the list, with the next wave of QBs like RGIII, Luck etc.....

He's paid what someone was willing to pay him several years ago but I wouldn't be surprised if his contract is renegotiated as some point in the near future.

He's not only far from being a superstar in his sport, he's not even recognized as a figure in the Pittsburgh community.

Sorry to rant but I'm not drinking the Ben kool-aid.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #108
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,868
Member Number: 7718
Thanks: 96
Thanked 766 Times in 341 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Two (or more) wrongs don't make one right. Ben has already (or will) drop further down the list, with the next wave of QBs like RGIII, Luck etc.....

He's paid what someone was willing to pay him several years ago but I wouldn't be surprised if his contract is renegotiated as some point in the near future.

He's not only far from being a superstar in his sport, he's not even recognized as a figure in the Pittsburgh community.

Sorry to rant but I'm not drinking the Ben kool-aid.
Don't fully understand the hate, but that is your cross to bear. I just like to refute yours and others "facts", such as the overpaid part. You are correct that two wrongs do not make a right but teams will pay the value of the players based on the league and from what i just showed is that Ben is indeed a "bargain " at where he is being paid. I compare Elways play to Ben through first 9 seasons and it shows that Ben is far superior, with years to come that no one knows the outcome. Does Ben slide, or does he get better with age as Elway did. It remains to be seen. You and others like to point out our defense, and while near or at the top for some time, it is not the first time in franchise history. Before Ben was QB how did all those great defenses fair come playoff time. Loss after loss piled up in the AFCCG and the one lone time the Steelers made it to the SB was when we had a QB that had a very good season as far as passing, O'donnell. I like to see our recent successes as a partnership between both the Defense and the Offense, as well as Coaching staff, and Special teams. In other words the entire team, now if others on here tout Ben to the point it has created a hatred toward him then I can understand, but to put the blame on every season that does not end with a SB on Ben is wrong as well.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
AndyWitmyer (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #109
rpbncb
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: new mexico
Posts: 14
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24679
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

JB 93 a top 5 coach??? huh ?? get me some of whatever it is you're smoking !!
rpbncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #110
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 131
Member Number: 15247
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

This post proves that someone must be lookiing for the Stoopid board
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts