Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #121
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts
Default Re: Tomlin and Ben are killing the franchise

Ben's ability isnt what is costing the Steelers playoff berths. It is his attitude and lousy work ethic. Every game is a gamble. A man with his skills and ability should be able to take this team with the #1 defense every year to the playoffs at the VERY least. He has missed the playoffs 3 times in 7 years. And each of those times there is always something he fucks up at. Whether its riding a motorcycle or having issues with coaches or having ding dongs in a bar bathroom, he has carried himself like a dick hole his entire career.

Just because he says "its on me" doesn't mean he is telling the truth. As a matter of fact, most of the time he is full of shit and is speaking the words of a agent or publicist.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
Edman (01-01-2013), lloydwoodson (01-01-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #122
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

When Ben says "It's On Me", it IS bullshit.

Ben will gladly say the lipservice, but he doesn't make a real effort to become better, and to improve his offense and lead his teammates, so they DON'T make the same mistakes again. Ben wants to be treated as a man and a leader, but he doesn't lead competently and by example. The Steelers Offense is starving for a leader and a veteran face, and he's still stuck in "I do what I do" Mode.

I don't see teammates wanting to play lights out on the field for Ben or step up their game for him, I think they just see them as a guy they want to hang out with after the game in a bar or something.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-01-2013)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #123
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
I don't see teammates wanting to play lights out on the field for Ben or step up their game for him, I think they just see them as a guy they want to hang out with after the game in a bar or something.
And you know this how....?

But you're right. It's Ben's fault the Loose Change Crew drop all those passes.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #124
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

I did not understand how all this inside information is gathered. I mean Ben says he is sorry, or its his fault and he is crying crocodile tears, and I guess when team mates like Heath, Keisel, Pouncey, Starks and others tell the media that they have Bens back and that he has theirs , then that is more BS since we cannot believe them, because he is just their buddy. Strange reasoning.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #125
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I did not understand how all this inside information is gathered. I mean Ben says he is sorry, or its his fault and he is crying crocodile tears, and I guess when team mates like Heath, Keisel, Pouncey, Starks and others tell the media that they have Bens back and that he has theirs , then that is more BS since we cannot believe them, because he is just their buddy. Strange reasoning.
Wait a minute! Those guys are all buddies with Ben......?

CUT THEM NOW! NO ONE IS BUDDY-BUDDY WITH BEN ON THIS TEAM!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #126
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
RG3 is the next Michael Vick. He plays in the `find way to lose`, most dysfunctional division in the league.

He's played flakey NFC teams. You put him against AFC defenses and he won't play again for 5 weeks.
Vaunted defenses like the Pat's 25th ranked defense???
desertsteel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #127
SteelCurtainCall
Water Boy

Member Number: 19966

why don't you go find a team with ALL the players you like, and go support them. You claim to be a steelers fan; yeah right. What did you do when Ben found Santonio in the end zone for the game winner? He actually laid one right in his hands on the previous play. I guess you said " man Ben sucks. I never said Manning wasn't a tough player, so you can stick the "folk lore" reference anywhere you like. And Brady; my God they call roughing the passer if someone even breathes on Brady. I'll bet you bragged about the steelers after both SB victories they had recently; maybe not though, you would have had to admit that Ben "just might" have helped in some small way to get there and then win.
SteelCurtainCall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #128
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Hate is such a harsh feeling, some like to search for any blog, article, stat , that can be used to justify their hate. The truth lies not with Bens numbers, wins, his contributions to the team. It lies with what is viewed as his persona, (one has even mentioned douche bag), his off field exploits, even the fact that he is mentioned with the only other great QB of this organization TB. These people when confronted with facts or opinions proving otherwise seek like minds to continue to berate Ben. All those comments mean very little to me, cause without a QB of Bens quality we went through 25 years of Malones, Bristers , and even Kordell (who I thought did very well at times) and in those 25 years only once did we make it to the big game (even with the coach who could do no wrong, Cowher) in Bens 9 years and 3 SB appearances and 2 wins later it appears Ben was just along for the ride. Well if that is the case I hope he is around for 9 more with the same results.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #129
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post

But Ben is the supposed "Changed Man" and emerged as a "leader" in the Steelers locker room. He should take a little more responsibility for his offense, but he doesn't. He wants to be regarded as a field general, a leader and a great guy but doesn't lead his unit competently. He doesn't lead by example or inspire his teammates to step up their game. Look no further at his propensity for finger-pointing and pot-shots at Haley in the media. That should tell you everything about Ben's "leadership". He showed his true colors after the Dallas game (another game in which he threw down the shitter), that's why he was so quick to apologize, so people and media won't think any less of him as a good guy. Too late, we already know what you said, Ben. The writing is on the wall. You are a douche.

"I'll do it like this, but if anything goes wrong, it's not my fault." That's Ben's attitude. It's unprofessional, irresponsible, and reeks of incompetence. Okay, that's fine. Haley handles the Offense from here on out, and you have no responsibilities. Haley will get the blame when the Offense screws up, not you, but from here on out, you will be regarded as an overpaid underachiever second-tier Quarterback.

Like I said, the Steelers Offense is desperate for true leadership, and Ben seems satisfied being mediocre while the Defense covers up for him. Those who are unwilling to lead shouldn't be given responsibiliity. Back to "Game Manager" mode for Mr. Roethlisberger.

Last edited by Edman; 01-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #130
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,039 Times in 4,579 Posts

So, before Ben's injury he was playing at an MVP level. When he comes back and is struggling he's being labeled as having a shitty attitude and not caring? That's quite the jump, but one I'm not surprised a lot of you made. Super Bowl or bust and we have to find someone to scapegoat losses on so why shouldn't it be Ben?
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote