Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 PM   #101
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggermatt15 View Post
Thanks. I agree with you. This year Ben didn't look like he was spot on with Haley's offense. At times he looked right on the money, and others, particularly in recent weeks, Ben's out there and he looks like he has no idea what he is doing. I'm not going to blame it all on transition time, but I think it may have some to do with it. If Haley stays, and he should, year 2 and year 3 (2013 and 2014) the entire offense should be up to speed. So next season I fully expect Ben to be on the same page as Haley and to know what he's doing at all times on the field. Hopefully we will see the results.
Not if they continue to worry about possession over scoring. That has to be the emphasis going into next season. Points first, then possess. They did the opposite this year and it resulted in 8-8.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #102
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Not if they continue to worry about possession over scoring. That has to be the emphasis going into next season. Points first, then possess. They did the opposite this year and it resulted in 8-8.
The Steelers did a terrible job at possessing the football this year. I'm not surprised it resulted in 8-8. IMO they did a better job at scoring, when they made that their priority. I don't think the defense cares that much if it has to keep playing on the field if the offense puts up 7 points every 1.5 to 2 minutes. But when the offense keeps going three-and-out, the defense HATES that.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #103
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Hey guys... do you think Roethlisberger will ever throw for more yards at some point in his career than Luck did in his rookie season?

Didn't Arians control both their offenses?

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #104
Stillers2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 24381

Brady. Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Ben. The only difference between Ben and these other guys is that Ben gets no preferencial treatment from the refs. I have seen guys dive at Brady and miss. Brady looks at the ref and gets a flag. Last season, my daughter called me into the room to show me a New England play that was on 4th down. Brady throws across the line to Welker and the ball hits the ground at Welker's fingertips. Welker scoops it off the ground and runs to about a yard short of the marker. The refs move the ball a yard forward and give him the first down. Every rteplay shown on T.V. was obviously an incomplete pass and 1 yard short yet the refs called inconclusive. First down for the Cheatriots. If Ben got these kind of calls half the time that Brady and the Mannings and Brees and Rodgers gets these calls he'd be unstoppable. Instead he is constantly being cheap shotted by teams and never gets a break.
Stillers2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #105
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillers2012 View Post
Brady. Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Ben. The only difference between Ben and these other guys is that Ben gets no preferencial treatment from the refs. I have seen guys dive at Brady and miss. Brady looks at the ref and gets a flag. Last season, my daughter called me into the room to show me a New England play that was on 4th down. Brady throws across the line to Welker and the ball hits the ground at Welker's fingertips. Welker scoops it off the ground and runs to about a yard short of the marker. The refs move the ball a yard forward and give him the first down. Every rteplay shown on T.V. was obviously an incomplete pass and 1 yard short yet the refs called inconclusive. First down for the Cheatriots. If Ben got these kind of calls half the time that Brady and the Mannings and Brees and Rodgers gets these calls he'd be unstoppable. Instead he is constantly being cheap shotted by teams and never gets a break.
Ben is not in the same group of Manning, Brees, Brady and Rodgers. Not even close.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
Edman (12-31-2012), lloydwoodson (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #106
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Hey guys... do you think Roethlisberger will ever throw for more yards at some point in his career than Luck did in his rookie season?

Maybe because the owner of the Colts isn't trying to tell Arians how to run his offense in Indy.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #107
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post

I don't know, maybe if he played for an actual owner who did not want Steeler offense.

How bout Luck had 627 attempts and the most Ben has had ever was 513.
How bout luck has 7 yd per attempt ratio, and Ben has 7.9 yard ratio.
How bout Luck has 12.9 yds per catch and Ben is a CAREER 12.6 yd per catch.

You got to throw the ball to put up passing yards, you still want a game manager.

How you like those numbers to blow out another of your "Facts"
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricco Suavez For This Useful Post:
GoFor7 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #108
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I don't know, maybe if he played for an actual owner who did not want Steeler offense.

How bout Luck had 627 attempts and the most Ben has had ever was 513.
How bout luck has 7 yd per attempt ratio, and Ben has 7.9 yard ratio.
How bout Luck has 12.9 yds per catch and Ben is a CAREER 12.6 yd per catch.

You got to throw the ball to put up passing yards, you still want a game manager.

How you like those numbers to blow out another of your "Facts"
He's a typical yinzer. Before the game he wants Ben to basically be a game manager. Gotta be all about defense and running. But if Ben isn't able to pull a miracle out of his ass after the Steelers waste time playing Marty ball, then he'll bitch because Ben didn't do enough and that Brady or Manning put up all these great numbers and Ben doesn't.

He can't seem to get that ball-control offenses don't put up many points. Brady and Manning are allowed to try and win a game early, Ben isn't allowed to do it until the last 2 minutes.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #109
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

If you look at Ben's stats during the super bowl years, one number comes to mind. 17. Every year he throws for 17 TD's, the Steelers go to the Super Bowl. His two when he has good stats, Steelers lose early or don't get in at all. Maybe glorified game manager is the best way to go.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 PM   #110
GoFor7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
If you look at Ben's stats during the super bowl years, one number comes to mind. 17. Every year he throws for 17 TD's, the Steelers go to the Super Bowl. His two when he has good stats, Steelers lose early or don't get in at all. Maybe glorified game manager is the best way to go.
Or maybe it would suggest there are bigger problems on the team....