Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
P Manning starts the year with a new team coming off 4 neck surgeries.

New teammates, new coaches, new everything.

P Manning puts up what would be the best season in Roethlisberger's career. More TDs, more yards and higher rating than Roethlisberger has ever had.

Broncos post the league's second best offense (after the elite Tom Brady's) averaging 29.5 ppg. Meanwhile the Steelers elite Roethlisberger's offense finishes 21st.

Ben is not going anywhere. But it would make it a lot easier for me to deal with Steelers fans if you hopped off Ben's nuts and started holding him accountable for the Steelers' offense.
You're making too much sense, dude. Please Stop. You'll break the homer dreamworld that Ben is in the Elite Class and the best QB in the NFL. Ben is blameless in all this. It's everyone else's fault. Haley, the Defense, the Special Teams. Everyone but Ben is at fault.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
fer522 (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
You're making too much sense, dude. Please Stop. You'll break the homer dreamworld that Ben is in the Elite Class and the best QB in the NFL.
Actually, dumb yinzers like you two have been retorted over and over again. You either can't read, or just ignore facts because then you wouldn't be able to bash Ben as much as you do.

It's okay though, because most of you are just like little children. And little children sometimes have to be told the same thing over and over again because their brain capacity is too small to get it the first time.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoFor7 For This Useful Post:
Stillers2012 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #33
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,422 Times in 2,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Actually, dumb yinzers like you two have been retorted over and over again. You either can't read, or just ignore facts because then you wouldn't be able to bash Ben as much as you do.

It's okay though, because most of you are just like little children. And little children sometimes have to be told the same thing over and over again because their brain capacity is too small to get it the first time.
Enough with the personal attacks. Next one you'll be gone!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MACH1 For This Useful Post:
teegre (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #34
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
A "top line" defense that can't generate a turnover to save its life and has given up one critical 3rd down conversion after another for at least the last two seasons. How many turnovers, and in turn short fields has the Steelers defense given the offense the last two years? Not as many as all the "elite" QBs have gotten, that I can guarantee. Throw in shitty STs and you get an average starting position around your own ten yard line series after series, week after week. Throw in an acute and contagious case of fumblitis to boot and you get a season like this one.
Yeah I know, everyone on the Steelers sucks but Ben.

I guess if the Steelers win in the future, it's all Ben's doing. Am I in the ballpark here?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #35
lardlad
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10897
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
That's because those QBs don't get playbooks rammed down their throats. Their organizations actually play to their strengths instead of just waiting for 3rd and long or the last two minutes of a game.

How about Artie gets with the times and realizes Marty ball isn't working. I'd rather they let him win the game early so the last 2 minutes are meaningless.

I didn't realize all the failed RUTMs were Ben's fault? How about that nice end-around that resulted in Brown getting dropped right outside his own endzone? Was that Ben's fault too?

The Steelers pulling that kind of shit on offense is the reason Ben isn't going to be able to bail them out all the time.

I don't believe for a second Ben gets a play book jammed down his throat. What is so wrong with wanting to keep your franchise QB upright? It was working really well he first 8 games. he wasn't getting hit nearly as much and was killing everyone on thrid down. When hey went down field Ben missed them or they dropped or fumbled. It's not like they didn't try to go down field.

The second half of the season looked more like the type of ball Ben liked to play, not what Haley was brought here to do.

Ben is not a problem, he is a great QB. He made timely mistakes that cost the team games and those mistakes had nothing at all to do with Haley... At all. Ben is not a victim, he has a lot of say in how the offense is run and he is part of the reason they lost a few games as well as wins. But anyone that wants him gone has a personal reason for it not because of the results.
lardlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #36
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Personally I don't consider Ben as the best QB. I think Manning, Rodgers, Brady and Breese are all better but Ben is damn good and is our QB. I make negative comments when he has bad games just as I do any player on our team but I have a ton of confidence in Ben and I'm certain he will help get us another ring before his time is up.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #37
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 11,695 Times in 4,775 Posts

Quote:
You're making too much sense, dude. Please Stop. You'll break the homer dreamworld that Ben is in the Elite Class and the best QB in the NFL. Ben is blameless in all this. It's everyone else's fault. Haley, the Defense, the Special Teams. Everyone but Ben is at fault.
So, let's break down why you're wrong.

1) Manning plays in a vertical offense where throwing it for 300+ is the norm. If he doesn't go for over 300, something went wrong.

2) Manning's offensive line is better than the Steelers right now by a considerable margin. Not when our guys are healthy, but they can't stay healthy.

3) Roethlisberger is 10 - 4 in the postseason compared to Manning's 9-10. So, great, he can win regular season games and throw for a ton of yardage, but chokes when the games actually matter. People think he's going to tear shit up in the playoffs but he hasn't really done it in his career. Regular season stats don't mean shit if you can't win big games.

4) No one is saying that Ben isn't at fault, but asking him to be traded might in fact be the dumbest thing on these boards. He's not going anywhere.

5) Ben has more Super Bowl rings than Manning does. Sure, it's a team game, but Ben is better in games that count than Manning is. Take your regular season stats, and I'll take Ben in the Super Bowl where he doesn't choke.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Ricco Suavez (12-30-2012), Stillers2012 (12-31-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #38
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Yeah I know, everyone on the Steelers sucks but Ben.

I guess if the Steelers win in the future, it's all Ben's doing. Am I in the ballpark here?
No, more like since everyone's favorite scapegoat is gone, Ben has assumed the role by proxy.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #39
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,047 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Unhappy Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, let's break down why you're wrong.

1) Manning plays in a vertical offense where throwing it for 300+ is the norm. If he doesn't go for over 300, something went wrong.

2) Manning's offensive line is better than the Steelers right now by a considerable margin. Not when our guys are healthy, but they can't stay healthy.

3) Roethlisberger is 10 - 4 in the postseason compared to Manning's 9-10. So, great, he can win regular season games and throw for a ton of yardage, but chokes when the games actually matter. People think he's going to tear shit up in the playoffs but he hasn't really done it in his career. Regular season stats don't mean shit if you can't win big games.

4) No one is saying that Ben isn't at fault, but asking him to be traded might in fact be the dumbest thing on these boards. He's not going anywhere.

5) Ben has more Super Bowl rings than Manning does. Sure, it's a team game, but Ben is better in games that count than Manning is. Take your regular season stats, and I'll take Ben in the Super Bowl where he doesn't choke.

Dude are you for real?!?!? If Manning had DL and his D he'd have at least 3 rings by now
Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #40
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
A "top line" defense that can't generate a turnover to save its life and has given up one critical 3rd down conversion after another for at least the last two seasons. How many turnovers, and in turn short fields has the Steelers defense given the offense the last two years? Not as many as all the "elite" QBs have gotten, that I can guarantee. Throw in shitty STs and you get an average starting position around your own ten yard line series after series, week after week. Throw in an acute and contagious case of fumblitis to boot and you get a season like this one.
Dude, even without turnovers, the Steelers D gave the Steelers' O the 2nd highest TOP in the League. The real question is what did the Offense do with it? The answer is GARBAGE. 3 and outs + FG and or punts, when not INTs or fumbles.

I have rarely been so bored watching the Steelers play. Matter of fact, I didn't even watch the 2nd half today. I've had it after the 1st half.

Is Ben completely responsible for it? No but he certainly carries a big part of it on his shoulders. He's a 8 seasons vet now. He should know better and make better decisions down the stretch.

Like or not but he cost us DIRECLY 3 games this season. That's not what an "elite" QB is supposed to bring for the money he makes.

Look no further why we are 8-8 and not 11-5. The 3 losses are here.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
Edman (12-30-2012)