Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 05:28 PM   #41
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No, more like since everyone's favorite scapegoat is gone, Ben has assumed the role by proxy.
Now I want Haley gone.

I want a new offensive coordinator every year.

This way when the offense puts up 20-23 ppg year in and year out people can't rationally blame the coaches - even though I know they still will.

Ask yourself this question: could Brady or Rodgers succeed in Haley's offense?

I think they could.
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #42
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,536
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,577
Thanked 9,963 Times in 4,239 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Dude are you for real?!?!? If Manning had DL and his D he'd have at least 3 rings by now
So, instead of dealing with facts, you're dealing in hypotheticals? How about we talk about how Manning can't win big games? Or the fact that the quarterback he beat in the Super Bowl was Rex Grossman. But no, let's talk about ridiculous situations in which Manning had the Steelers D.

No, let's talk about the fact that Ben has two rings and Manning has one. Ben has a 71% winning percentage in the playoffs and precious Peyton has a 47% winning percentage. Let's deal in facts, here, not hypothetical situations that make no sense.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #43
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Ask yourself this question: could Brady or Rodgers succeed in Haley's offense?

I think they could.
Depends. Will their receivers catch the ball? And when they do catch them, will they actually HOLD ON to them?

Yeah, Ben has played subpar since coming off the injury, but he's far from the only one who deserves blame for this season.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #44
Edman
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 5,546
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3261
Thanks: 85
Thanked 315 Times in 163 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, let's break down why you're wrong.

1) Manning plays in a vertical offense where throwing it for 300+ is the norm. If he doesn't go for over 300, something went wrong.
The exact same thing Ben got, and we're left with the same results.

Quote:
Manning's offensive line is better than the Steelers right now by a considerable margin. Not when our guys are healthy, but they can't stay healthy.
The Steelers fielded bupkus for an O-Line, and yet for the earlier half of the season, they were lights out.

San Diego had no problem kicking our ass with a shoemaker O-Line.

Quote:
Roethlisberger is 10 - 4 in the postseason compared to Manning's 9-10. So, great, he can win regular season games and throw for a ton of yardage, but chokes when the games actually matter. People think he's going to tear shit up in the playoffs but he hasn't really done it in his career. Regular season stats don't mean shit if you can't win big games.
Playoff statistics may mean something, if the Steelers were in the postseason, but they're not. Manning took a completely new team to the playoffs in his first year back, coming off of an Indy exile and a neck injury.

Quote:
No one is saying that Ben isn't at fault, but asking him to be traded might in fact be the dumbest thing on these boards. He's not going anywhere.
Look over my posts. Where have I ever said Ben needed to be traded? I don't want Ben to go anywhere, I'm just not hanging on his nuts for his mediocre performance, and pretending it's all okay. I'm holding him mostly accountable for why this season went south. For a guy who supposedly matured into a new guy, I expect better from him. He's not a young buck on a veteran team anymore. He's 30 year old man, and the right now the only veteran presence in that locker room now with Farrior and Ward gone. He needs to start taking more responsibility for his Offense.

From his subtle potshots at Haley (In the Media) and his irresponsibility jeopardizing another season, damn right I'm going to put most of this on him. He has to do better, that's all there is to it.

If Ben comes back in 2013 and lights the league on fire, You better believe I'm going to give him his due props, because he's earned it. Right now, he's getting rightful criticism.

Quote:
Ben has more Super Bowl rings than Manning does. Sure, it's a team game, but Ben is better in games that count than Manning is. Take your regular season stats, and I'll take Ben in the Super Bowl where he doesn't choke.
Ben had the worst Super Bowl performance of QB in history, wasn't that great against Arizona (The Final Drive really clouded how mediocre he was that day) and was mediocre against Green Bay, where he was outdueled by Aaron Rodgers, playing in his first Super Bowl.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (12-30-2012), plenewken (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #45
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, let's break down why you're wrong.

1) Manning plays in a vertical offense where throwing it for 300+ is the norm. If he doesn't go for over 300, something went wrong.

2) Manning's offensive line is better than the Steelers right now by a considerable margin. Not when our guys are healthy, but they can't stay healthy.

3) Roethlisberger is 10 - 4 in the postseason compared to Manning's 9-10. So, great, he can win regular season games and throw for a ton of yardage, but chokes when the games actually matter. People think he's going to tear shit up in the playoffs but he hasn't really done it in his career. Regular season stats don't mean shit if you can't win big games.

4) No one is saying that Ben isn't at fault, but asking him to be traded might in fact be the dumbest thing on these boards. He's not going anywhere.

5) Ben has more Super Bowl rings than Manning does. Sure, it's a team game, but Ben is better in games that count than Manning is. Take your regular season stats, and I'll take Ben in the Super Bowl where he doesn't choke.
1) Manning's coordinators have asked him to play the style that benefits him same as Roethlisberger. There are qbs capable of consistently throwing for 300 yards and there are those that are not. Period.

2) Manning's line is better so is Brady's.

3) Please don't use team records to prove an individual's value. I would never argue that the Colts are a better team than the Steelers over the last decade. I would argue that the Steelers were a VASTLY better team than the Colts who had more UDFA and late round picks than any other superbowl team ever.

4) Ben isn't going anywhere but I would love it if the fans who worship the ground he walk on did go some place else.

5) Ben doesn't choke in the superbowl? Passer rating of 40 in 40. Outplayed badly in all 3 superbowls by the opposing qb. Go look it up Ill wait. Warner threw for 377 yards and 3 tds - if not for Harrison the Cards win that game. Btw- Whisenhunt looks like a garbage coach without his qb.

QB makes the team not the coaches.
__________________
Lloydwoodson's Top 5 Posters of All-Time:

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #46
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,145
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,656
Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,836 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Depends. Will their receivers catch the ball? And when they do catch them, will they actually HOLD ON to them?

Yeah, Ben has played subpar since coming off the injury, but he's far from the only one who deserves blame for this season.
Ben was in the running for MVP till he got hurt.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
plenewken
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,474
Member Number: 3447
Thanks: 125
Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
So, instead of dealing with facts, you're dealing in hypotheticals? How about we talk about how Manning can't win big games? Or the fact that the quarterback he beat in the Super Bowl was Rex Grossman. But no, let's talk about ridiculous situations in which Manning had the Steelers D.

No, let's talk about the fact that Ben has two rings and Manning has one. Ben has a 71% winning percentage in the playoffs and precious Peyton has a 47% winning percentage. Let's deal in facts, here, not hypothetical situations that make no sense.
Ben got owned by Hasselbeck, didn't shine against Warner and lost fair and square to Rodgers, in the 3 SB he played so far.
Not asking for Ben to be traded but I'm asking for a performance consistent with the $100M he's paid.
Since 2008, Ben is far from being worth what he's making. Sad but true.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #48
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Dude, even without turnovers, the Steelers D gave the Steelers' O the 2nd highest TOP in the League.
Yes, I'm sure Roethlisberger's league-leading 3rd down conversion rate before the injury had nothing to do with that TOP.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #49
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Ben was in the running for MVP till he got hurt.
Yep, and it's conveniently being forgotten by many.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #50
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17,472
Member Number: 1984
Thanks: 171
Thanked 922 Times in 355 Posts
Default Re: All these ditch Ben threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Ben got owned by Hasselbeck, didn't shine against Warner and lost fair and square to Rodgers, in the 3 SB he played so far.
Not asking for Ben to be traded but I'm asking for a performance consistent with the $100M he's paid.
Since 2008, Ben is far from being worth what he's making. Sad but true.
Eli Manning got a Super Bowl MVP award in 2008 for numbers that were essentially identical to Roethlisberger's numbers against Arizona the following year. Just saying.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince'76 For This Useful Post:
Ricco Suavez (12-30-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts