Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #21
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default Re: 101 reasons why Bengals will beat Steelers twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
(Just to follow up Clevestinks)Im sick and tired of people talking about Palmers last 4 games so let me break it down..

1. Against the Steelers--are you f-ing kidding me lol--Palmer threw a TD to Farrior--And with 3min 15 seconds down by 3 Palmer goes back to throw and when he's pressured he gets happy feet and throws the ball no were near a Bungal for a saftey to lose it lol

2.Cleveland OMG He was awesome-he threw 4 TD's WOW and 3 INT's lol

3.Baltimore--wow what a comeback right???? Lets not forget he was the person responsible for putting the team down 20-3 after he was picked for a INT. My take is Baltimore let up.

4. Patriots---He had a good game except----He was picked for another TD lol

How can you Bungal fans say he was great the last four games when he makes mistakes in all of them???
Carson had that big 4th quarter 24 point comeback, played great against the patsand as good as anybody against the other teams, Look figg every QB makes mistakes, all good QB's do, Carson made a few mistakes, I'll admit that, the interceptions, someone could and should have made a tackle, the idea is for the good to outwiegh the bad, and in my oppinion he did exactly that .
Old 06-19-2005, 10:37 PM   #22
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
Carson had that big 4th quarter 24 point comeback, played great against the patsand as good as anybody against the other teams, Look figg every QB makes mistakes, all good QB's do, Carson made a few mistakes, I'll admit that, the interceptions, someone could and should have made a tackle, the idea is for the good to outwiegh the bad, and in my oppinion he did exactly that .

lmfao!!!!!! Someone should have made the tackle??? He hit the opposing teams in stride better then his own. Farrior didnt have to beat anyone--same with Samuels---3INT's to Cleveland???? Thats when the #'s are misleading!! My point is you cant come out saying "yeah Palmer was this and that the last 4 games" and when you look at it he made all the dumb mistakes as he did in the first 10 games! ALL 4 GAMES HE MADE DUMB MISTAKES. I know you bungal fans are looking for some glimmer of hope but lets get real.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:18 AM   #23
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

The guy had 11 TDs and 6 INTs in that time, a two to one ratio is very good. Big Ben had a two to one ratio the other way last two games
Old 06-20-2005, 01:13 AM   #24
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
The guy had 11 TDs and 6 INTs in that time, a two to one ratio is very good. Big Ben had a two to one ratio the other way last two games
I think figg and cats should just kiss and make up :D
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 AM   #25
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Yeah 6 big INT's.. Has Palmer ever learned taking a sack is better then a turnover??? Maybe he's scared to get hit
Old 06-20-2005, 01:19 AM   #26
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Back to topic

3. Willie Williams
4. E. Townsend
5. C. Hope
6. No plax, 8 wins will be their max
7. You guys still havent signed anyone
8. Big Ben is going to throw the Ball more
9. ^^ That ones so good it should be counted twice
10. With teams like the Jailbirds and crapstains it almost makes th Sqeelers look like a quality opponent.
11. You still havent signed anyone yet
Old 06-20-2005, 01:25 AM   #27
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

come on you guys we all know trent dilfer is better.....
Old 06-20-2005, 02:40 AM   #28
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Back to topic

3. Willie Williams--A very good vet and probably would start for you--
4. E. Townsend------E???? you mean Deshea Townsend? He had a very good year last year some say pro bowl type year playing with hernia--would start on the bungals
5. C. Hope----Yeah Hope!!!! He will be even better this year--going in as a 2nd year starter
6. No plax, 8 wins will be their max----No Plax will hurt in some regards--but now we have more depth-HELLO FRED GIBSON
7. You guys still havent signed anyone---We usually dont--no surprize. Oh Yeah who did you sign again???
8. Big Ben is going to throw the Ball more More on first and second down when teams are crowding the line to stop the run
9. ^^ That ones so good it should be counted twice---TOOL

The Steelers drafted players to fill their needs. Like they always do. They never go out and sign the top FA's. Thats why there never far away from contending. They usually draft well. And sign middle of the road FA's that fit their team and system. They lost a big target in Plax--they drafted a 6'5 TE who could be a better weapon for Ben then Plax. According to Steve Young he'd rather have a great TE then WR. Then they drafted Fred Gibson who is 6'4 and faster then Plax. At CB they moved up in the draft last year and took this years posible starter #21Ricardo Colclough in the second round(Tusculum College defensive back Ricardo Colclough was named the North's most valuable defensive player)http://www.seniorbowl.com/2005/recap2004.htm -----(RICARDO COLCLOUGH NAMED TSWA PLAYER OF THE YEAR)--http://donhansen.blogspot.com/2004/0...player-of.html
-He came from a small college (Tusculum) and like Polamalu got to play in the nickel and dime defenses to learn his 1st year. He is explosive and looks like the real deal. Then you have #24Ike Taylor who has the physical tools to play CB in the NFL. He'll most likely be the 4th CB. This will be his 3rd year. He only played CB his last year at Louisiana-Lafayette. Dont forget the Steelers drafted a CB in the 2nd round this year--Bryant McFadden from Florida State. He's already better then Taylor and could challenge for the nickel spot his rookie year. Who did the bungals sign again???

Last edited by figg; 06-20-2005 at 09:03 PM.
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #29
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg
3. Willie Williams--A very good very good vet and probably would start for you--
4. E. Townsend------E???? you mean Deshea Townsend? He had a very good year last year some say pro bowl type year playing with hernia--would start on the bungals
5. C. Hope----Yeah Hope!!!! He will be even better this year--going in as a 2nd year starter
6. No plax, 8 wins will be their max----No Plax will hurt in some regards--but now we have more depth-HELLO FRED GIBSON
7. You guys still havent signed anyone---We usually dont--no surprize. Oh Yeah who did you sign again???
8. Big Ben is going to throw the Ball more More on first and second down when teams are crowding the line to stop the run
9. ^^ That ones so good it should be counted twice---TOOL

The Steelers drafted players to fill their needs. Like they always do. They never go out and sign the top FA's. Thats why there never far away from contending. They usually draft well. And sign middle of the road FA's that fit their team and system. They lost a big target in Plax--they drafted a 6'5 TE who could be a better weapon for Ben then Plax. According to Steve Young he'd rather have a great TE then WR. Then they drafted Fred Gibson who is 6'4 and faster then Plax. At CB they moved up in the draft last year and took this years posible starter #21Ricardo Colclough in the second round(Tusculum College defensive back Ricardo Colclough was named the North's most valuable defensive player)http://www.seniorbowl.com/2005/recap2004.htm -----(RICARDO COLCLOUGH NAMED TSWA PLAYER OF THE YEAR)--http://donhansen.blogspot.com/2004/0...player-of.html
-He came from a small college (Tusculum) and like Polamalu got to play in the nickel and dime defenses to learn his 1st year. He is explosive and looks like the real deal. Then you have #24Ike Taylor who has the physical tools to play CB in the NFL. He'll most likely be the 4th CB. This will be his 3rd year. He only played CB his last year at Louisiana-Lafayette. Dont forget the Steelers drafted a CB in the 2nd round this year--Bryant McFadden from Florida State. He's already better then Taylor and could challenge for the nickel spot his rookie year. Who did the bungals sign again???
I guess you scared cats away with this, so i'll try to pick up here. Well I can't really say anything to disagree the steelers did have a good draft, and the bengals usually wait to sign there picks as well.....Ummm as long as I have known you from the forum figg you finally posted something that stumps me, way to go.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:27 PM   #30
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Nice post Figg, I don`t think Cats ran away. I just think he s looking for a Steelers fan to help him read it. Theres no pictures.