Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #121
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,000 Times in 8,016 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Failed it for Weed ... my mistake I probably should have said that...

I think the story goes some where along the lines of, he was in Cancun or some vacation or spring break , and ate some brownies that he didn't know had Weed in them

What do we expect college kids to do on Spring break?? ... lol I mean I would give him the benefit of the doubt , but with what just happened with Rainey do you think the Steelers would?
With what just transpired with Rainey & Ta'amu, Ogletree and Rambo are both likely OFF of Pittsburgh's draft board.

RE: Denver
Exactly why I am an advocate of him going at 17: a ton of teams right after the Steelers will want him.

Re: Ryan Clark, part II
Yes, he lays the wood... which I love. But, he is young enough that he can be taught to hit the ribs (not the head). Regardless, like Clark & Pollard, an intimidator is STILL an important part of a secondary.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #122
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

I think this definitely puts Warmack in play if he's their at 17

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers offensive line will change dramatically for 2013.
Three regular starters likely won't return and all three players who took turns starting at right tackle should start at separate positions.
There is a caveat to all of this, of course: Provided they all stay healthy.
Look for Max Starks and Ramon Foster to leave in free agency and Willie Colon to be released. Colon's knee injury that placed him on injured reserve for the third season in a row was the last straw. The Steelers want to move on, and they believe they have the right man to replace him.
They drafted Kelvin Beachum -- their fourth and final pick in the seventh round last year -- to play guard, even though he started at tackle for all 52 games of his four years at SMU. When Marcus Gilbert and Mike Adams were shelved by injuries after starting at right tackle, the Steelers turned to Beachum. He started the final five games and did a nice job. It helped to convince them he can start at guard.
They will turn right tackle over to Adams. Gilbert will start at left tackle. There was a time many assumed Adams would play left tackle, but he is a more natural right tackle, a better run blocker, and Gilbert's more natural position is left tackle.
David DeCastro will take over at right guard as he did at the end of the season when he became healthy. And, of course, there is three-time Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey.
Their backups are to be determined because at the moment only John Malecki is under contract from their season-ending roster.
That, ladies and gents, is your 2013 Pittsburgh Steelers offensive line. Check back for medical updates.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2HsVrsG3G
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #123
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Failed it for Weed ... my mistake I probably should have said that...

I think the story goes some where along the lines of, he was in Cancun or some vacation or spring break , and ate some brownies that he didn't know had Weed in them

What do we expect college kids to do on Spring break?? ... lol I mean I would give him the benefit of the doubt , but with what just happened with Rainey do you think the Steelers would?
I don't know what the FO of the steelers think of that and how they judge drafting on the mess with Rainey now. But common like you said spring break I don't mind it.

And I don't think this puts him in a non-draftable position for the steelers so I don't think it goes down to the character question.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #124
StevieRayVol
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24064

Alec Ogletree the linebacker from Georgia is a stud..He had one helluva game against Tennessee. Future Top 5 pick OT Antonio "Tiny' Richardson held Jarvis jones in check. Ogletree is a former safety who weights about 235 now and plays linebacker. Had his share of off the field issues though..

Another player who might me here in the second round if we don't take an offensive lineman is Tennessee O-lineman Dallas Thomas..Played LT for three years then moved inside to play LG is 6-5 and 305, has quick feet and can play any position on the line except center...Some mocks have him going in the first round though.:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #125
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Re: Warmack

Not that I think that the Steelers go O-line and/or go RB this early... but, since most of the following players have been discussed on here (mostly Warmack & Lacy)...

The "All-Alabama" Draft

R1: Chance Warmack, LG
R2: Eddie Lacy, RB
R3: Nico Johnson, LB
R4: Robert Lester, S
R5: Michael Williams, TE

Other R1/R2 players to consider:
Barrett Jones, LG/LT/OC
Jesse Williams, NT
DJ Fluker, RT
Old 01-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #126
Believe43
Water Boy

Member Number: 1429

Tavon Austin - Sure his is only 5'9" but he can play Receiver- Running Back- Return Kicks

The Offense needs a play maker like him - With Chris Rainey gone and the fact he won't be there in the 2nd Round may be worth the grab in the first.
Believe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #127
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believe43 View Post
Tavon Austin - Sure his is only 5'9" but he can play Receiver- Running Back- Return Kicks

The Offense needs a play maker like him - With Chris Rainey gone and the fact he won't be there in the 2nd Round may be worth the grab in the first.
You're kidding right?!?! Yeah exactly we need another small and ellusive Wide Out. We have a good Return Man in Antonio and we can and hopefully will draft a new Running Back. Tavon Austin would be the first pick we could possibly can take in our situation.

Not saying he will be a bad player but WE shouldn't take him.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #128
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:

I love Tavon Austin (LOVE him).

But, with that said, he should not be the pick at 17... and not even in R1. There are so many other needs.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #129
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,282 Times in 4,395 Posts
My Mood: Worried

Quote:

Steelers’ Ike Taylor says Tavon Austin is a “special player”

January 15, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to Daniel Dudley of Trib Live Radio, while training with West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin, Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor says he’s a special player.

“Who ever gets that guy, is getting a special player,” said Taylor, Per Dudley.

As of right now I believe Austin is projected by most “experts” to be a second round pick in April’s NFL draft. He’s an explosive player that has some first round value in my opinion.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...layer/12670354
Old 01-16-2013, 01:12 AM   #130
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Steelers’ Ike Taylor says Tavon Austin is a “special player”

January 15, 2013 by Paul Jackiewicz

According to Daniel Dudley of Trib Live Radio, while training with West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin, Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor says he’s a special player.

“Who ever gets that guy, is getting a special player,” said Taylor, Per Dudley.

As of right now I believe Austin is projected by most “experts” to be a second round pick in April’s NFL draft. He’s an explosive player that has some first round value in my opinion.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...layer/12670354
I know that he's going to go 25-ish. And since the Steelers aren't drafting a WR that early (even if they traded down), I hope that he goes to the Seahawks (to pair with Russell Wilson).

Alas, my biggest fear is that he ends up with the Ravens or the Taperiots.

He's going to make some team very, very happy.