Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #41
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Im telling you right now there will be 32 head coaches watching college football tonight. Te'o is on EVERYONES radar. I hope BAMA destroys ND and drops Te'o's value. I would LOVE to see pittsbrugh get him oh....and if he makes it to pick 10 dont be shocked to see Pittburgh trade up to get him.
wwhickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #42
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Im telling you right now there will be 32 head coaches watching college football tonight. Te'o is on EVERYONES radar. I hope BAMA destroys ND and drops Te'o's value. I would LOVE to see pittsbrugh get him oh....and if he makes it to pick 10 dont be shocked to see Pittburgh trade up to get him.
MyCleo is that you?
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #43
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,980 Times in 4,272 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
well, you got your wish.

after tonight's performance, the Steelers won't have to trade up for Te'o. he'll still be there at pick #17.
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #44
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 18,647 Times in 7,865 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
well, you got your wish.

after tonight's performance, the Steelers won't have to trade up for Te'o. he'll still be there at pick #17.
BB had a four INT game against Iowa. These things happen.

Te'o will go to SD at 10.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #45
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,329 Times in 3,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
well, you got your wish.

You're still on board with taking him? I mean, I'm not going to change my entire ideology on a player based on one game, but it was a pretty big game for him to screw up so badly.

If it comes down to Te'o or CJ Mosley, it shouldn't even be a competition. Did you guys see Mosley tonight? Holy sweet mother of Jesus, please line up for us opposite Woodley.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
You're still on board with taking him? I mean, I'm not going to change my entire ideology on a player based on one game, but it was a pretty big game for him to screw up so badly.

If it comes down to Te'o or CJ Mosley, it shouldn't even be a competition. Did you guys see Mosley tonight? Holy sweet mother of Jesus, please line up for us opposite Woodley.
I wanted Mosley & then Elam...
...but, alas, Mosley said a few months ago that he is going back to school (right?).

If he comes out, then my top choice is definitely Mosely (again).
Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #47
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post

I'd still take Te'o over Mosley. Mosley is the superior athlete but Te'o will be the superior football player down the line. Better smarts, instincts, playmaking ability. Not to mention Mosley was playing with way better players than Te'o and against vastly inferior competition. I wouldn't let one game change everything.
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #48
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

I just found this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...draft-preview/

So... is he coming out??? He is currently not listed/not declared, and he said earlier in the season that he's coming back... but... oh man!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #49
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,329 Times in 3,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I'd still take Te'o over Mosley. Mosley is the superior athlete but Te'o will be the superior football player down the line. Better smarts, instincts, playmaking ability. Not to mention Mosley was playing with way better players than Te'o and against vastly inferior competition. I wouldn't let one game change everything.
Oh, no, absolutely not. One game shouldn't - and won't - but Mosley was always at the top of my list. The dude is just amazing. That being said, however, Teegre ruined my fun and reminded me that he's going back to Tuscaloosa for one more year. Thanks, Teegre!

On a more serious note, Te'o will go to the Chargers or Saints leaving us with Jordan or Mingo. Pick your poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I just found this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...draft-preview/

So... is he coming out??? He is currently not listed/not declared, and he said earlier in the season that he's coming back... but... oh man!!!
There's conflicting reports, but the most trustworthy ones have him going back to the Crimson Tide for one more year.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #50
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I've wanted two players since September: Mosley & Elam.

I thought that I would get neither/neither would declare. If I could get Mosley & Elam, I would lose my mind.

NOTE: I still like Te'o. As I was saying, he had one bad game... one really bad game. BB had a 4 INT performance against Iowa... and he turned out to be pretty good. Now, if I had my choice: I'd take Mosley, because I think the kid is a stud. But, it would not be a bad choice either way.