Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #51
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,092 Times in 8,062 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers will select 17th in 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Oh, no, absolutely not. One game shouldn't - and won't - but Mosley was always at the top of my list. The dude is just amazing. That being said, however, Teegre ruined my fun and reminded me that he's going back to Tuscaloosa for one more year. Thanks, Teegre!

On a more serious note, Te'o will go to the Chargers or Saints leaving us with Jordan or Mingo. Pick your poison.
Sorry, man.

For a second there, I was jumping for joy (almost literally)... thinking that maybe he had declared after the game that he was coming out. Alas...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #52
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Yeah I like Mosley too, I guess I just have the opposite opinion that Mosley will be good while Te'o will be great. I wouldn't be upset with either but obviously if both were there I'd take Te'o.

And I'm huge on Elam too and ideally I would want either him or Lacy in the second. I get the feeling Elam will wind up in the first though. I think I'd rather trade into the 20's and take Elam if Mosley doesn't declare and Te'o is gone though, I'd prefer him to an OLB in the first.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #53
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,549 Times in 4,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I think I'd rather trade into the 20's and take Elam if Mosley doesn't declare and Te'o is gone though, I'd prefer him to an OLB in the first.
Our luck, Elam will end up on the Patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Sorry, man.

For a second there, I was jumping for joy (almost literally)... thinking that maybe he had declared after the game that he was coming out. Alas...
If we got Mosley then our pass-rush would be solved. Imagine Mosley playing opposite an in-shape, healthy LaMarr Woodley? I mean, grabbing Mosley and Johnson from 'Bama would be the best case scenario for this team and would ultimately improve this defense instantly. I really hope he doesn't go back and does decide to declare for the draft.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #54
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,092 Times in 8,062 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Our luck, Elam will end up on the Patriots.
Noooooooooooo!!!

Them... or the Ravens.

It happened with Ed Reed, and while the Steelers ended up with Troy... every time I see Ed Reed make an INT, it still hurts me.

Noooooooooooo!!!
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #55
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Noooooooooooo!!!

Them... or the Ravens.

It happened with Ed Reed, and while the Steelers ended up with Troy... every time I see Ed Reed make an INT, it still hurts me.

Noooooooooooo!!!
I don't understand why you all are so big on Elam. When I look at him I see a Back Up Saftey in 3 or 4 years. 1st rounder is way to high for him and I can't imagine how he got there.

Te'o will be drafted anyway when we are on the clock. He was way to hyped this season and had really a monster year. No way 16 teams pass on him.

My first choice is if he's open which I don't think so after this game tonight. Chance Warmack. Everybody says our run game is too weak we need to improve. With this guy we will improve a lot. He is such a talent we need him. If he's available but I think he will be taken before.

In the first round I really see nobody worth the pick. Maybe Dion Jordan but I think he would be a big gamble because in my mind he's a very raw talent with a high upside but also a big chance of a bust.

I think Warmack would be good. Second Round Sean Porter. A great Pass Rusher out of Texas A&M I think would fit great at our Outside Linebacker position. Third Round pick we need to draft Bacarri Rambo. One of the best safties in this draft in my mind. Should be taken way higher but luckily there are a few good safties in this years draft. And here is where it gets tough. Because not only Rambo would be great also Shayne Skov a ILB I think from Oklahoma he is. He would fit perfect in our system. But he could be drafted near the end of round 3. I actually don't know a lot about the late round ILB but I think we need to take him here to get a value ILB. That would be my picks for this years draft.
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #56
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
well, you got your wish.

after tonight's performance, the Steelers won't have to trade up for Te'o. he'll still be there at pick #17.
Good. I hope we draft him. But I am also not a scout. At face value the kid looks talented and he has a natural leadership quality...although ND should have lost to USC also.
wwhickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #57
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
If Mingo ran 4.5 and put up 30 reps he would be picked 3rd by the Raiders. Hard to say what teams will do until after the combine. It's fun to speculate though.
I think I read that Magnus Hunt is looking to run in the 4.6s and put up over 40 reps

He's like 6'7 270
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #58
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,836 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhickok View Post
Good. I hope we draft him. But I am also not a scout. At face value the kid looks talented and he has a natural leadership quality...although ND should have lost to USC also.
I haven't watched enough of Te'o, but, that whole defense got absolutely steam-rolled last night. Crimson looked so much larger and more physically dominating

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #59
torpedoshell31
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24438

I just saw on "Mike and Mike" that Mosley is staying in college for one more year. I too wanted us to draft Warmack, but forget that after last night, he was so dominant that he'll go long before we draft at #17.
torpedoshell31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #60
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,869 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I haven't watched enough of Te'o, but, that whole defense got absolutely steam-rolled last night. Crimson looked so much larger and more physically dominating
Teo is so overhyped, I think he really belongs in picks 25-35 in the draft. Shane Skov at pick 49 would be better value.