Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #41
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Now... for whom to root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbroughneck View Post
Redskins.

Ground n Pound offense. Electric young QB.
RG3 and Alfred Morris have been a total surprise on the ground this year. I know Morris won't be considered for the ROY award, but I think he should at least be an honorable mention or talked about. Perfect example of a guy coming from out of nowhere and playing hard. I love it.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #42
Quasar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7371

I'll be rooting for the Falcons over the Texans in the Super Bowl. Definitely don't want to see the Patriots, 49ers or Packers crowned again. Less so Manning, the Ravens or Bengals. So Seattle, Minnesota, Washington, and Indianapolis would be better than others.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #43
JeromeBetties63
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 19049

My rooting interest order of teams I want to see eliminated:

1. Ravens Lose
2. Patriots Lose
3. 49ers Lose
4. Bengals Lose
5. Packers Lose
6. Broncos Lose

Teams that I don't mind seeing advance:

1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Redskins
4. Vikings
5. Falcons

Team that I am rooting for to win the Super Bowl:

Seattle Seahawks

I wouldn't be completely stunned if this were the year of 4 road winners in the first round:

Bengals, Colts, Seahawks, Vikings

AFC Title Game: Broncos vs. Patriots (Hate it, but I think this is what will happen)

NFC Title Game: Seahawks vs. Packers (Hawks end up with NFC Title Home game and win it)

Can't divorce my desire from this pick so: Hawks defeat AFC Champion to win the Super Bowl
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #44
JeromeBetties63
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Think so?

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2...taketwo28.html

Yeah, real "classy" bunch. Not to mention the terminal case of PMS they've been suffering from for the last 7 years. Personally, I hope they get bounced in the first game.
I am a lifelong Steeler fan. I think the Steeler's deserved that Super Bowl. But if you don't admit that there were some garbage calls against the Hawks, you are a blind homer. That is a city that has never won an NFL title. To feel like you had your shot severely impacted by refs would hack anyone off. I cut them some slack.

Plus, I'm sorry but that article was written by a naive soccer mom who doesn't have a clue about the passion of sports and what happens when you wear enemy colors into another stadium. It's a whiney article. I am not justifying the behavior, I am just saying, wake up, and welcome to the real world.
The Following User Says Thank You to JeromeBetties63 For This Useful Post:
NSMaster56 (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #45
JeromeBetties63
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I would love the Broncos to win the year after they jettisoned Tebow, just so it is a slam dunk common knowledge that Tebow is a useless QB.
Groundless hater. Why hate that guy? He isn't the media.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #46
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I hope to see a Houston-Minnesota SB. Just 2 team's that I could care less about!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #47
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,379 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
I am a lifelong Steeler fan. I think the Steeler's deserved that Super Bowl. But if you don't admit that there were some garbage calls against the Hawks, you are a blind homer. That is a city that has never won an NFL title. To feel like you had your shot severely impacted by refs would hack anyone off. I cut them some slack.

Plus, I'm sorry but that article was written by a naive soccer mom who doesn't have a clue about the passion of sports and what happens when you wear enemy colors into another stadium. It's a whiney article. I am not justifying the behavior, I am just saying, wake up, and welcome to the real world.
I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it if they saved their vitriol for Leavy and his crew and laid off the Steelers as an organization, the Rooneys, and Jerome Bettis. I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of their pissing and moaning about some bullshit conspiracy where the Rooneys bought off the refs so the Bus could win the Super Bowl in his hometown.

Here's another slice of reality: NFL officiating sucks. For everybody. And has for as long as I can remember.

And finally, as far as them winning it all is concerned, you do have a point. Maybe if they did win it all they might finally shut the fuck up about it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #48
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with it if they saved their vitriol for Leavy and his crew and laid off the Steelers as an organization, the Rooneys, and Jerome Bettis. I'm beyond sick and fucking tired of their pissing and moaning about some bullshit conspiracy where the Rooneys bought off the refs so the Bus could win the Super Bowl in his hometown.

Here's another slice of reality: NFL officiating sucks. For everybody. And has for as long as I can remember.

And finally, as far as them winning it all is concerned, you do have a point. Maybe if they did win it all they might finally shut the fuck up about it.
You nailed it. It was the bitching about the Steelers org, Rooneys, and Bettis that made me dislike them. Their players never really bothered me and none of the players from that 2005 team are there now from what I understand so it's definitely not their players.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #49
zcoop
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Nobody, but if the Skins, Seahawks or Colts (Young QBs) win, I won't be mad.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #50
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeBetties63 View Post
Groundless hater. Why hate that guy? He isn't the media.
Groundless liker. Why like the guy? Why not like the 3rd string QB on the Vikings or some other team.