Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #31
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316
Default Re: Big 10 sucks, SEC rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Better hope Bayz doesn't read this... lol.
I don't care, let him! Sometimes the truth hurts.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,710 Times in 801 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Haha lol!
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #33
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,346 Times in 490 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Seriously, what the fuck is this "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bullshit, as if Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Arkansas have anything to do with the dominance of Alabama, Florida and LSU in the last decade? That'd be like fans of the Steelers, Browns and Bengals chanting "AFC North! AFC North! AFC North!" after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Yeah, the SEC has been the best conference in college football for a while now, but they're not orders of magnitude better than any other conference. The fact that the SEC isn't undefeated in bowl games since 2006 illustrates this. And before anybody says, "Yeah, the second-place team in [other conference] is good enough to beat the third-best team in the SEC," please make sure to repeat that exact statement to yourself the next time you want to boast that, "The best team in [other conference] would only be good enough to finish seventh in the SEC!" It doesn't add up.
Gnutella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #34
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Seriously, what the fuck is this "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bullshit, as if Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State or Arkansas have anything to do with the dominance of Alabama, Florida and LSU in the last decade? That'd be like fans of the Steelers, Browns and Bengals chanting "AFC North! AFC North! AFC North!" after the Ravens won the Super Bowl.

Yeah, the SEC has been the best conference in college football for a while now, but they're not orders of magnitude better than any other conference. The fact that the SEC isn't undefeated in bowl games since 2006 illustrates this. And before anybody says, "Yeah, the second-place team in [other conference] is good enough to beat the third-best team in the SEC," please make sure to repeat that exact statement to yourself the next time you want to boast that, "The best team in [other conference] would only be good enough to finish seventh in the SEC!" It doesn't add up.
Arkansas went to the Sugar Bowl two years ago. Kentucky went to a bowl game every season from 2006 to 2010. It's not like these programs are doormats... The SEC is the strongest overall conference in America. I am not saying they are 10x better than the next best conference. They've just been the most successful with all the National Championships, bowl wins, and recruiting. The statistics reinforce all that.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #35
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post

I'm not sure exactly how team #6 from Conference A plays #2 from Conference B. Meaning, I don't know what the system is to decide that. Personally I really don't care. I just want to see exciting match ups during bowl season.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #36
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,469 Times in 2,323 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

college football sucks, nfl rules
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #37
White_Steel_Wolfe
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 24314
My Mood: Amazed

SEC stays on top with the bias voting. Had there been a playoff in place the SEC wouldn't have won all of those championships. You can try to prove me wrong but you will ultimately fail. For example two highly touted and ranked teams play each other and one loses..well since they were both such "tough/elite" college programs the one who loses doesn't fall but a few spots. The process keeps on going throughout the season without fail.

Alabama vs. LSU, you remember that? Alabama never deserved a second play through with LSU.
How about the bias bowl locations?

Oklahoma vs LSU 2003, Louisiana
Oklahoma vs Florida 2008, Florida

I'm sure those aren't the only two games that weren't in neutral locations.
(OU fan, shutup)

Anyway Florida is going to smash Auburn. js

Steelers, OU, OKC Thunder, Penguins, LA Kings, Spain
White_Steel_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #38
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,569 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Hey, I agree with most of the Buckeye criticism. I still love them though and always will.

The REAL out of conference contenders have dodged our contracts for years now, and we've been stuck with low top 25 talent as our "big games" because of it. I'd like to see us go up against top 10 talent a few games a year for a spell and watch them improve from there, but something tells me schools will continue to avoid the contracts that'll allow that. We played some big teams under Tressel and one some championships, too. We haven't had a schedule with that talent on it in a while and i'm hoping that changes.

Michigan State flat out EARNED that game last night, and i'm not making excuses. We made it into a game, but they were the better team. We have the pieces to be a great football team, but we'll never win a championship under Meyer if our schedule every year continues to be soft. We've always had close conference games, even in our championship seasons, but our out of conference schedule was tough in those seasons, too, and that helped prepare us for the big game.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #39
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,710 Times in 801 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
college football sucks, nfl rules
Football rules in general. I love my Hawks and my Steelers. Black and Gold through and through.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I did not agree with the LSU/Bama rematch from a couple of years ago. Was not fair that LSU goes to Tuscaloosa and beats the Tide and their reward is an extra game in the conference championship and rematch against the team you beat once already. Was not in favor of the Mich/OSU rematch idea either. Now has the SEC had a string of success in the championship games, yes no question. Are they currently 7-2 this bowl season and once again in the championship game, yes again. Are they the toughest college football conference in the country, IMO and most of the sporting experts yes they are. I am not saying they are vastly superior but the proof is how they have stacked up against any and all other competition over the last ten years. I am a fan of the MSU Bulldogs and we are not a top 20 team, but for a team that finished in the bottom half of the conference we field a very good defense and have a soph QB that will make a name for him self next year. We lost 6 games this year and all 6 games were to top 20 teams. Auburn beat us at Auburn with less than a minute to go. Do I think a bottom SEC team could beat a top tier Big 12 or Big 10 team, not likely. But is SEC plays any other conference from top to bottom they would come out ahead, not a domination but ahead non the less.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote