Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #71
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Ben admits he rushed back too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Triple coverage? Yo, it was single coverage. The Dallas DB made a play on the ball and it paid off.

And Ben probably is smarter than the OC that never won anything or the owner that never played a down of football in his life.
Mike Wallace was TRIPLE COVERED. The Dallas coverage cheated to his side. When the ball got there, there were three white jerseys within a yards of Wallace. Ben's bonehead decision making shines through again.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #72
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
I don't know about that. Charlie record when filling in for Ben is pretty good. I think he could of got us at least 2 of those 3 losses.
All we needed was 1 extra win - that's it. I'd give Cincy better chances than us to go into Houston - facts are facts - they might not score a lot - but they don't shoot themselves in the foot quite as often - they had the edge on us this season - and some predicted we would be the odd man out this year

This team (and while I've Ben bashed plenty - there is plenty of blame to go around, for segments of the season, as well as individual game - 1st with the defense, then with the RBs, then the WRs, then Ben.) couldn't protect Heinz in a win or stay home game - that is very telling of the whole season. Critical situations - found ways to lose. You can point to Den, Tenn, Oak, CLE, Balt, SD, DAL, Cincy and find 8 different reasons why our fave team is sitting at home

Ben is responsible for 2 of the 8 losses IMO. Cowboys, Cincy. I won't bring up the pick 6 in Denver because I see the defense's poor 2nd half performances in the first 3 losses as a larger reason. I put CLE on the RBs, Injuries on Balt game at home, WRs on SD.

What do you see in my assessment?

3 out of 8 losses, the defense is responsible
4 losses are a direct result as the offense as a whole, 2 of which because of Ben. His supporting cast didn't help him out
1 loss to injury - injuries will cause you to lose when you get decimated - I dont make excuses but it will contribute - just slightly in my opinion

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #73
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,619 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySteel86 View Post
I don't know about that. Charlie record when filling in for Ben is pretty good. I think he could of got us at least 2 of those 3 losses.
Yeah, Batch had a 38.5 QB rating and 3 INT's in that 20-14 loss to the Browns. That's a close game for such a crappy performance.

I'd take Ben Roethlisberger at 70% in that game and the Steelers likely win that and are in the playoffs.

I'll be so happy when Batch finally retires and the hometown honks can just give it up that there are so many better options as a backup QB out there.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #74
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Mike Wallace was TRIPLE COVERED. The Dallas coverage cheated to his side. When the ball got there, there were three white jerseys within a yards of Wallace. Ben's bonehead decision making shines through again.
Okay, keep making stuff up to justify your Ben bashing...
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #75
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
No, it wasn't triple covered. Here is the vid. Click on the top video on the right side.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212...ghts&tab=recap

Doesn't make Ben's pass more accurate though.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to plenewken For This Useful Post:
ZoneBlitzer (01-06-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #76
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Well he deserves credit for going out there and trying through an injury unlike that Christian Ponder who completely wussed out yesterday for a frickin playoff game. That was pathetic.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #77
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,133 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
I was at Dallas. Wallace was NOT triple covered. They had coverage rolled, but they actually gave up that sideline throw. In my honest opinion, if you're going to throw an out to the sidelines, you better be 110% confident it's going to get there. If not, it's going to be jumped and picked. Same with a fade ball. Going in, you know you're going to throw it but once the ball leaves your hands, you have a very low percentage of completing it if 1 thing fails.

Ben was throwing that ball. He wasn't going anywhere else. It's a first read, chuck, throw and put it there. Ben dropped back, tried to time it, put his heel on the turf, let it go and unfortunately, it was a tad behind Wallace and that's all she wrote. It was a bad timed throw. The throw was there, it could have been completed but that little bit of an inside miscue did us in. It happens. Shaub did the SAME EXACT thing on Cincy's pick 6 yesterday.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 AM   #78
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

[QUOTE=StainlessStill;1074442Ben was throwing that ball. He wasn't going anywhere else. It's a first read, chuck, throw and put it there. Ben dropped back, tried to time it, put his heel on the turf, let it go and unfortunately, it was a tad behind Wallace and that's all she wrote. It was a bad timed throw. The throw was there, it could have been completed but that little bit of an inside miscue did us in. It happens. Shaub did the SAME EXACT thing on Cincy's pick 6 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Schaub has been playing poorly at the end of the season. He has thrown 1 TD and 4 INTs in his last 5 games- and he has Daniels and Johnson to throw to. Schaub stepped up and took full respnsibility for his team's struggles at the end of the season.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #79
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Well he deserves credit for going out there and trying through an injury unlike that Christian Ponder who completely wussed out yesterday for a frickin playoff game. That was pathetic.
Ponder's whole thowing arm was the same colour as his uniform- yellow and purple. You should check out some pics. It is quite possible that he just could not physically move his arm like he needed to.

Based on RGIII's efforts I'm sure he probably would have thrown the ball with his left hand. RGIII has been extremely impressive in the leadership and sacrifice he has shown all season. He didn't want to sit out in the regular season either.

The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #80
Steeler7BR
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24703

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Ponder's whole thowing arm was the same colour as his uniform- yellow and purple. You should check out some pics. It is quite possible that he just could not physically move his arm like he needed to.

Based on RGIII's efforts I'm sure he probably would have thrown the ball with his left hand. RGIII has been extremely impressive in the leadership and sacrifice he has shown all season. He didn't want to sit out in the regular season either.

The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
Of course very uncommon that a Player holds the back of his coach never saw that before in my life...
I think they should crown RG3 down there for doing that
Steeler7BR is offline   Reply With Quote