Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #181
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495
Default Re: Cardinals request to interview Todd Haley

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
I absolutely loved what Warner brought to the table, and, especially after he got wrongfully shit on by the Rams and Giants.

The guy would have 2 rings with the Rams if they wouldn't have dumped him for their "wonder boy" Marc Bulger - no patience whatsoever. Warner with Steven Jackson? I'd take that!
I can understand the Giants choosing to go with their 1st round pick after their offense had struggled.

The Rams chose to go with 6th rounder Marc Bulger - who played average in the StL offense.

Warner has been overlooked his whole career though.

Nice that the Warner hater gave credit to the long gain from the slant pattern in SB XLIII. That was a great call by Todd Haley exploiting an opening he saw in the middle of the field on a slant to Breaston early in the game and later the same play to Fitz in the 4th. The guy calls what he has success doing- he is very adaptive.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #182
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Ben had 35.5 pass attempts per game in 2012. Peyton Manning? 36.9 attempts. I guess that extra 1.4 means something. Not good enough? Check this out.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat...empts-per-game

Pittsburgh as a team had 35.9 pass attempts on average per game in 2012. 12th in the league. This is in this tired old "Cowherball" Offense that does nothing but run. Going back to Denver, they were only 10th in the league. I guess the Broncos are handcuffing Manning. How about Green Bay and Aaron Rodgers? 17th in the league. Hey, they should let A-Rod throw the ball more. He's ELITE. The Packers are playing too close to the vest! Rodgers is SUFFERING in the Packers Offense.

What's that? Rodgers has thrown 39 TD's this year? The Packers are in the postseason and still fighting? That's hogwash.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edman For This Useful Post:
lloydwoodson (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #183
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,089 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
I can understand the Giants choosing to go with their 1st round pick after their offense had struggled.

The Rams chose to go with 6th rounder Marc Bulger - who played average in the StL offense.

Warner has been overlooked his whole career though.

Nice that the Warner hater gave credit to the long gain from the slant pattern in SB XLIII. That was a great call by Todd Haley exploiting an opening he saw in the middle of the field on a slant to Breaston early in the game and later the same play to Fitz in the 4th. The guy calls what he has success doing- he is very adaptive.
I certainly understand some frustration at some of the series he has called this season - I certainly was asking why we don't try and switch it up and pass on 1st and/or 2nd instead of waiting for 3rd on occassion - however, a handful of series doesn't make an OC or a season - I'm still waiting to hear some good ideas from the Haley haters on who they would rather have that is realistically coming here. Norv Turner, who I think has very little chance of coming here, has a better chance than Whiz or Arians showing up again - which will never happen. I keep hearing how they want to get rid of Haley with no valid backup plan.

Who do you want then? I'm still waiting to hear a REAL option from the Haley haters.

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #184
wwhickok
Starter

Member Number: 24713

At OC? Promote within. Give Kirby Wilson the job. Our Running game was terrible, perhaps with a "running oc' that can change.
wwhickok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #185
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,958 Times in 3,509 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Warner's time with the Giants was a short 9 game stretch of his career. Warner got benched for going 5-4 with a 4-12 team. The Giants finished 1-6 after they benched Warner.

When Warner left Arizona in 2009 Arizona went from 10-6 to 5-11- their offense dropped to 31st in the league.

Warner is the 4th rated postseason passer all-time (31 TDs 14 INTs 103.8 RTG); 2-time NFL MVP; Superbowl MVP; and 2-time Man of the Year Award winner.
That's great.But again, what did he do in NY with a run first offense? Here are his career stats.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kurtwarner...40/careerstats

In 10 games he had 6 td 4 int, and he took 39 sacks in only 277 attempts. Scroll down to the bottom of the link to see all the fumbles he had, which included 12 in 10 games for the Giants.

By the way, what does it matter what his record is or what the talent was like around him? When talking about great quarterbacks you say "they do what they do", which is score points. He did none of that with the Giants, in a run-first, ball control offense. If he was as great as you claim, none of that would matter and he would have rung up huge numbers regardless of the weapons he had....right?
pczach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #186
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,312 Posts

Not sure why the Warner comparisons, I guess some are saying Haley revived his career or something. Remember that in NY, Kurt warner was coming of some kind of hand or thumb injury to his throwing hand. If anybody watched him those years....the ball was not coming out of his hand well.

If they wanted Haley, I think the deal would be done by now, but not sure. I think he will be back for another season in B&G
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #187
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 22,788 Times in 9,317 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Not sure why the Warner comparisons, I guess some are saying Haley revived his career or something. Remember that in NY, Kurt warner was coming of some kind of hand or thumb injury to his throwing hand. If anybody watched him those years....the ball was not coming out of his hand well.
Literally, it was falling out of his hand (he was fumbling attempted-passes, because he could not grip the ball).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #188
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

If they wanted Haley, I think the deal would be done by now, but not sure. I think he will be back for another season in B&G
Many here use Warner as an example of a great qb when comparing him to Ben. Remember, Ben has played with a broken thumb and tons of other serious injuries. In the super bowl against Green Bay, Ben had a broken foot, a sprained knee, and I believe a hand injury. He gets no slack from many unappreciative fans. I claim that the offense you play in and the weapons you have around you and to throw to have alot to do with the pure stats a qb puts up. Again, read my post on Warner. Great when surrounded by great playing in a wide open offense. Horrible when surrounded by average talent in a more consevative offense like Ben's.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #189
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Literally, it was falling out of his hand (he was fumbling attempted-passes, because he could not grip the ball).
Warner has a history of fumbling. He has 102 fumbles in 12 seasons. Ben has 60 fumbles in 9 seasons.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #190
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i seem to be in the minority, i hope haley stays. before ben got injured they were doing pretty well
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vasteeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-08-2013)