Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,101 Times in 3,895 Posts
Default Re: Wallace for....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
Then there's Woodley the Walrus - this guy has too much dough on the dotted line . . .
He's been eating too much dough and needs to get his ass back in shape.

We could work out an agreement with another team, sign him to an extension and then trade him to said team. All the while knowing he would be traded but he wouldn't be a cap hit on us, just on the other team.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #12
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
the hilarious thing of Wallace's situation, is that he might get Brown money or even slightly higher, and will spend the rest of his career in oblvion

Everyone said "Take the solid money Mikey - play for a real org"

Did he listen?

Then there's Woodley the Walrus - this guy has too much dough on the dotted line . . .
Yeah Woodley's been a disappointment since his extension. Frustrating because when he's on, he's on but with Harrison aging, he needed to step up this year and he didn't do that. ANd that sucks.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

holy crap - two people kinda agreed me with, IN A ROW

marking it down - you won't live it down either!

Seems like injury or focus become a problem lately after extensions - is it me, or are the Steelers re-signing at too high a price and too quickly?

I can't remember Woodley's body of work that got him that extension. Was it his flash the rookie season and then his rampage up to SB XLIII? I think he was pretty good in 09 and 10, but got injured in both right?

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

It's sad what happened to Wallace. He seemed like a bright eyed, bright smiled kid who just wanted to show he belonged. Always seemed to go the extra mile and was a helluva deep threat. The stone hands really started the 2nd half of last year. These WR's are always up in their own heads, that's what makes them great, that it seems like a mental issue. He had no issues prior to that with drops, that I remember. And I remember reading that even his agent was telling him to take the money and he basically said NO. Either way, he's gone and we need to find a new 4th (which is really a true #1). Woodley was so dissappointing......
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,101 Times in 3,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
And I remember reading that even his agent was telling him to take the money and he basically said NO. Either way, he's gone and we need to find a new 4th (which is really a true #1)
I don't know where you read this, but it's probably bullshit. Every single report coming out was that Bus Cook was the problem and was trying to nickle and dime the Steelers all he could to try and get more guaranteed money. The simple fact of the matter is, we don't know whether or not Mike or Bus or even the Steelers were the problem here because we weren't in those negotiating rooms when it all took place. That being said, I very, very much doubt Wallace and the Steelers were the problem.

If I had to guess, I would say that he wasn't opposed to the 5 year / 50 million we offered him but Bussy took exception to the amount that was guaranteed and, Mike being young, was just listening to his agent. He doesn't have the business skills that a Brandon Marshall has in which he doesn't even really need an agent and can negotiate himself. It's a guess, but it's based on what a dick Bus Cook is and how the Steelers organization works.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
pete74 (01-03-2013)
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,444 Times in 1,635 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I don't know where you read this, but it's probably bullshit. Every single report coming out was that Bus Cook was the problem and was trying to nickle and dime the Steelers all he could to try and get more guaranteed money. The simple fact of the matter is, we don't know whether or not Mike or Bus or even the Steelers were the problem here because we weren't in those negotiating rooms when it all took place. That being said, I very, very much doubt Wallace and the Steelers were the problem.

If I had to guess, I would say that he wasn't opposed to the 5 year / 50 million we offered him but Bussy took exception to the amount that was guaranteed and, Mike being young, was just listening to his agent. He doesn't have the business skills that a Brandon Marshall has in which he doesn't even really need an agent and can negotiate himself. It's a guess, but it's based on what a dick Bus Cook is and how the Steelers organization works.
you said dick Bus Cook, and I couldn't help but think of Dick Butkus - sorry, had to chuckle

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
holy crap - two people kinda agreed me with, IN A ROW

marking it down - you won't live it down either!

Seems like injury or focus become a problem lately after extensions - is it me, or are the Steelers re-signing at too high a price and too quickly?

I can't remember Woodley's body of work that got him that extension. Was it his flash the rookie season and then his rampage up to SB XLIII? I think he was pretty good in 09 and 10, but got injured in both right?
Yeah I couldn't agree with you more.

Last year was the first bad year Woodley has had.

He had 9 sacks in 10 games in 2011. Then he got extended. Then he did absolutely nothing.

He will be back in form I am sure. As for Wallace...

There is a way to trade Wallace but it wouldn't work.

If you franchise tagged Wallace and then traded him.

Wallace's salary would be huge and no team would want him but a traded franchise tagged player does not count as a salary cap penalty when they are traded.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

And another thing!

Brown is capable of being the #1. He is almost exactly the same player Santonio Holmes was. I could see Brown getting 80-90 catches per year. Sanders, Miller and the RBs would make up the slack as would Cotchery.

He was on pace for 81 receptions this year. He just missed 3 games. He is only going to get better. He is young and a hard worker so cheer up guys.

1. Teegre 2. Hawaii 5-0 3. Buddha Bus 4. Tony Hipchest 5. Harrison's a Monster
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #19
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

If Wallace goes to the Pats he will break all of Randy Moss' records. That's how the football gods work.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #20
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
And another thing!

Brown is capable of being the #1. He is almost exactly the same player Santonio Holmes was. I could see Brown getting 80-90 catches per year. Sanders, Miller and the RBs would make up the slack as would Cotchery.

He was on pace for 81 receptions this year. He just missed 3 games. He is only going to get better. He is young and a hard worker so cheer up guys.
Brown might be able to be a #1wr but he really hasn't shown anything to prove he is. He just can't get the touchdowns a #1 WR should even with Wallace having a down year.