Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Wallace for....

I don't even think Wallace or Welker will be under contract from the steelers and pats when the year is over

Anyway, would be fun to see how Welker could do w the steelers and Ben, he was a hard worker in Miami, but I fink his success has as much to do w who's throwing him the ball.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
zcoop
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 20513

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Brown might be able to be a #1wr but he really hasn't shown anything to prove he is. He just can't get the touchdowns a #1 WR should even with Wallace having a down year.
True dat, and I don't know where this 'Hands of Stone" Bullshit comes from. Wallace has pretty good hands, especially when he's involved in the game plan and has a good ball to catch.

His stats speaks for him, perhaps some need to check them out.
zcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zcoop For This Useful Post:
plenewken (01-04-2013)
Old 01-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #23
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoop View Post
True dat, and I don't know where this 'Hands of Stone" Bullshit comes from. Wallace has pretty good hands, especially when he's involved in the game plan and has a good ball to catch.

His stats speaks for him, perhaps some need to check them out.
I want Wallace back.

If that does not happen I believe in Antonio Brown's ability to do the job of a #1 WR.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #24
VictoryFormation
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20598

Wallace was a lucky third round pick back in '09. If the Steelers don't resign him, and they make another lucky pick, hell, they break even in the long run. However, I read somewhere that if the Steelers put the franchise tag on Wallace, they might be able to trade him for something more than a 3rd round pick, or even a pick in this year's draft instead of 2014. That's what they did with Santonio Holmes, but that was a year before he became an unrestricted free agent. But, the Steelers gave up some ground on that one. If Holmes would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2011, they would have gotten a third round pick. Instead, they opted to trade him to the jets for a fifth rounder in 2010. It turned out to be a bust, because I don't think they took anybody in the fifth round that was worth a damn, that year.
VictoryFormation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I don't know where you read this, but it's probably bullshit. Every single report coming out was that Bus Cook was the problem and was trying to nickle and dime the Steelers all he could to try and get more guaranteed money. The simple fact of the matter is, we don't know whether or not Mike or Bus or even the Steelers were the problem here because we weren't in those negotiating rooms when it all took place. That being said, I very, very much doubt Wallace and the Steelers were the problem.

If I had to guess, I would say that he wasn't opposed to the 5 year / 50 million we offered him but Bussy took exception to the amount that was guaranteed and, Mike being young, was just listening to his agent. He doesn't have the business skills that a Brandon Marshall has in which he doesn't even really need an agent and can negotiate himself. It's a guess, but it's based on what a dick Bus Cook is and how the Steelers organization works.
If Wallace wanted to sign, he would have. He can fire his agent too. It's B.S. Wallace definitely was/is a major part on not getting signed.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #26
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 17,765 Times in 7,509 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryFormation View Post
Wallace was a lucky third round pick back in '09. If the Steelers don't resign him, and they make another lucky pick, hell, they break even in the long run. However, I read somewhere that if the Steelers put the franchise tag on Wallace, they might be able to trade him for something more than a 3rd round pick, or even a pick in this year's draft instead of 2014. That's what they did with Santonio Holmes, but that was a year before he became an unrestricted free agent. But, the Steelers gave up some ground on that one. If Holmes would have become an unrestricted free agent in 2011, they would have gotten a third round pick. Instead, they opted to trade him to the jets for a fifth rounder in 2010. It turned out to be a bust, because I don't think they took anybody in the fifth round that was worth a damn, that year.
Peter King did a piece on how trading Santonio Holmes eventually (multiple other trades) turned into Byron Leftwich, Bryant, McFadden, & Antonio Brown.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #27
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,902 Times in 863 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Brown might be able to be a #1wr but he really hasn't shown anything to prove he is. He just can't get the touchdowns a #1 WR should even with Wallace having a down year.
Wallace has always been ben's first read, maybe that has a lot to do with how many td's brown gets
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #28
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

The Patriots don't really go deep a lot either, do they?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by fer522 View Post
Wallace has always been ben's first read, maybe that has a lot to do with how many td's brown gets
Wallace is definitely not always Bens first read. On certain plays of course he is but I'm sure there are quite a few for Brown as well. All I'm saying is Brown isn't gurentee to be able to assume that #1 role and succeed the way a lot of people think. He hasn't blown people away like say a Julio Jones did for Atlanta. I know Jones was drafted earlier but none of that matters once you break the starting lineup
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,902 Times in 863 Posts
My Mood: Cool

I like Brown and he's a hell of a player but I just don't think he's a #1 WR I hope we can somehow re-sign Wallace