Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

Fire Shanny!

The Washington Post reports that Robert Griffin III's Monday MRI revealed a partially torn ACL and LCL in his right knee.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...rn-acl-and-lcl
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #2
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,465 Times in 2,272 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Fire Shanny!

The Washington Post reports that Robert Griffin III's Monday MRI revealed a partially torn ACL and LCL in his right knee.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...rn-acl-and-lcl
Fire the groundskeeper

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
The_Joker
Team President

Member Number: 24540
Thanked 1,028 Times in 562 Posts
My Mood: Devilish

The town's in an uproar around here.

Damn shame, the kid's legit.
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Fire the groundskeeper
Indeed - two major knee injuries yesterday on the field where Adrian Peterson tore his ACL in 2011

The agent for top Seattle Seahawks pass rusher Chris Clemons said his client's injury on Sunday was due to the "crappy" field conditions at FedEx Field.

Donal Henderson told NFL Network that the sloppy turf played a role in Clemons' injury, which is feared to be an ACL tear that could end his season.

He has a point.

FedEx Field's turf was a dangerous embarrassment on Sunday. Before the game even started, there were bald patches between the hashmarks and sloppy turf near midfield. Once play began, conditions quickly got worse. Multiple Redskins slipped on the team's first possession. When their feet slid, chunks of grass would fly up like after a golfer hitting a 9-iron.

By the time Clemons and Robert Griffin III went down in the fourth quarter, the grass at FedEx Field looked like it had hosted a massive game of horseshoes. Players didn't need cleats, they needed work boots.

It's nothing new for FedEx Field, which was in rough shape for each of the Redskins' eight home games this season. For most of the year, it resembled the much-maligned field in Pittsburgh

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...njury/1813685/

I have been dreading similar disasters happening at Heinz Cow Pasture
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,029 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Fire the groundskeeper
while we are at it fire ours too!!
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #6
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,568 Posts

sucks, i hope he has a speedy recorvery, i like the kid
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
sucks, i hope he has a speedy recorvery, i like the kid
Exactly. As much as I despise Snyder, I think it stinks that he finally starts doing things the right way and this lightning bolt hits them.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his postgame interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
The best thing about RGIII's performance on Sunday was his postgame interview. A guaranteed controversy was brewing in Washington- should Shanahan have played an injured RGIII? RGIII handled the questions thrown at him better than I have ever seen. NFL Network reported exactlywhat RGIII wanted them to: every analyst repeated verbatim "RGIII should have been in the game because he is the best option at quarterback for that team." My God he made life easy for his coaches!

He maintained the team's positive direction while completely shielding his coaches from criticism, and Washington's coaches should have been criticized. Honestly, who calls designed running plays for a franchise quarterback with partial ACL and MCL tears???? RGIII should have let his coaches have it both barrels but he kept the entire team in mind and made the absolute best of the season giving the Skins something to build on. Amazing that in this day in age a quarterback risks tens of millions of dollars just to win a wild card game.
Good points. I never considered what you said in the first paragraph but you're absolutely right - the media was parroting him word for word.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,801 Posts

I believe part of the holy creed for NFL players is that they will never call out a coach for letting them stay in the game - RGIII follows that pattern

For example, for all of the bitching that Ben has done over the years he has never to my recollection questioned a decision by either Cowher (who let him play in 2006 in Oakland in a game in which Ben threw 4 picks after Ben sustained a concussion in Atlanta the previous week) or Tomlin (I have lost count of all the games Ben has played while seriously hurting, although the 2011 Monday night game he played on one leg is one incident) to let him play

OTOH if a player sits he may be called out by his teammates (Hines when Ben did not play the 2009 Sunday night game in Baltimore after sustaining a concussion the previous week in KC)

So unless the coach takes the heat for sitting a player it is not going to happen and the player is not going to say he should not have played
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote