Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #11
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751
Default Re: carson palmer- fish or cut bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.
Yep, I agree, that's why the second paragraph of my post. I miss most of the media stuff. I hope it's "I need to take it slow to be ready when the time comes" and not "I need to take it easy because I'm afraid of another injury." I wish the guy all the best, I love a great competitor. From what I know, he'll do it the right way.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I started a thread over the weekend stating how gun shy Palmer is...he also hinted that the coaching staff isn't as concerned about his knee and he is. I guess it is true...But as far as Lewis benching him...he'd be foolish. Palmer is one of the premier QB's in the league.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
Funny how people were criticizing Palmer for trying to rush back into action and risk injury...and now the same people are criticizing him for doing the complete opposite.

Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Carson was injured on the field, Ben was injured on a bike. The same hesitancy from Carson about getting back on the field is the same hesitancy that Ben will probably experience about getting back on his bike.

Are you kidding me? So, if Carson doesn't rush back onto the field, it's going to ruin his career? The idea of taking it slow is making sure he's 100% so he doesn't reinjure his knee and ruin his career.
funny how people who were so convinced that he would play in week one and scoffed at steelerfans suggestions that the qb might want to see his rehab through are finally seeing the light.

no one is critisizing carson for doing whats right for him, his career, and ultimately the team. sure he is being called charmin soft but it is, especially when compared to lewis's hard handed approach. if nothing it is lewis and the ignorant bengalfans who were so sure that carson would be ready that are being critisized.

i will critisize carsons new stance to no longer address the questions. but that may be lewis's call to save face and attempt to do the right thing and handle it like cowher did his qb. after all it was ben who made a stupid mistake and didnt just suffer a football injury. cowher said he wants ben to stay "who he is". the rooneys said there will be no anti motorcycle clause in his next contract, and they left it up to ben to answer the critics. all those critics have been shut up. ben is now looked at as exonerated. the questions are dead, and ben is back to being a hero.

now the story is carson and lewis. funny how that works out huh?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 AM   #14
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
I started a thread over the weekend stating how gun shy Palmer is...he also hinted that the coaching staff isn't as concerned about his knee and he is. I guess it is true...But as far as Lewis benching him...he'd be foolish. Palmer is one of the premier QB's in the league.

He is if he has wheels if not then the bunguls will be at the bottom of the AFC north. I know its a team sport but they run that high powered offense thing and you cant do it without a great QB.

I say throw him out on the field the LB will tell you if he can move or not

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #15
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Cantmakeavalidpoint was right, Ben's and Carson's injuries aren't even comparable. Ben's was LIFE THREATENING, and Carson's was a sports injury. Your QB is timid, and scared to take a hit after sustaining an injury while PLAYING a game, while our QB did a face-plant off a motorcycle. One guy gets his knee twisted, while the other looks the grim-reaper in the face. Hmmmmm...which one of these two situations is the more severe? Bens. And which person in question is the first one to knuckle up and get back in the game? Ben.

Carson dug his own grave by doing all those various interviews, whether it was SI, or pick your favorite NFL show (mine was the interview with Rod Woodson), and lamented on about how he'd be ready, how he hated the Steelers, how he would've spun Rod Woodson around like a top, blah blah blah, and now the lil boy's afraid to get hit.

I've said it before, and now Carson's just cementing my argument. He is soft. It's only fitting the cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz, and the QB of the Bengals are both of the cat-family. Take your Heisman and trade it in for a spine.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #16
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

pretty simple actually.....

Palmer is being smart...his future is at stake...

Lewis is scared shitless...because he KNOWS with Wright at QB he's facing a 1-3 start...then several more games while Palmer gets back in a groove...
Old 08-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #17
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

I think the whole thing is about how the Benglas, Carson, Lewis, the media in Cincy and the Bengal fans have been talking this entire off season that CARSON WOULD BE BACK FOR GAME 1. I for one want Carson in there when the Steelers face him, but at the same time Carson should look out for himself and his future, for that I do not thinik he is soft, this is an injury that does take some time to heal completely. Unlike the Steelers though...the Bengals do not have a great all around team and losing one guy for a couple of games could be very costly...yes, the Bengals and Lewis are scared...esp. after all their talking and their attitudes this offseason.
Old 08-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Personally,I want Carson to come back when he feels ready.It's his health and career on the line,not Marvin Lewis'.If he comes back to early,he's probally f--ked.

Marvin is handling this the wrong way and it will come back to bite him in the ass eventually.Carson will either come back to soon and totally screw his knee up beyong repair...or Carson will wait until he feels comfortable and there will be a huge rift between Lewis and Palmer.

Who will Mike Brown fire if the rift gets so big one of the two has to go?Marvin Lewis,because Palmer is the face if the Bengals and sells jersyes.

I also feel that Palmer,Lewis,the Bengals,and thier fans have dug Carson into this hole where he looks like a complete wuss.All he talked about was getting back on the field against KC,how he wanted revenge against the Steelers,how he'd come back better than before.Now Carson's not so sure and the Bengals,Lewis,and the fans are trying to backpeddle.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #19
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

They're backpeddling so much, it's no wonder Collinsworth is an attorney. Carson oughtta keep his words nice and soft, as he just may have to eat them.

I can respect one man's decision on how to handle his personal health..but that respect goes out the window when you talk as much smack as Carson did.

You reap what you sew.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #20
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus
They're backpeddling so much, it's no wonder Collinsworth is an attorney. Carson oughtta keep his words nice and soft, as he just may have to eat them.

I can respect one man's decision on how to handle his personal health..but that respect goes out the window when you talk as much smack as Carson did.

You reap what you sew.
True...if Carson wouldn't have talked so much crap, no one would be really saying anything about him not being quite ready for the season. That's just it....the Benglas don't know when to talk and when to shut up!