Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Not going to win a super bowl with these older guys ... their time has passed ... all your doing is delaying the future


Why does it feel like you guys want to abandon everything we've done after one bad season?

If we can't win with Keisel/Harrison/ect. anymore, than I sure bet we can't with Wallace/Bendthenfall/Hood. Fact of the matter is we only have a handful of good young guys.
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 8,528
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 68,995
Thanked 11,721 Times in 4,689 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

the more I think of it, the more i can't wait to see what the younger players can do! I trust the FO, and I think if the price is right they will keep any of these players for experience and depth.
__________________
[QUOTE=Steelstoned1972;1430728
So second of all there is no second of all !
[/QUOTE]
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
austinfrench76
Head Coach
 
austinfrench76's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,864
Member Number: 3516
Thanks: 1,004
Thanked 767 Times in 463 Posts
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

I would ask this: What does anyone on the #1 ranked Defense, #1 pass, #2 rushing have to do with the end of the season??? We lost becasue of Ben's injury. It has nothing to do with them. They weren't where they needed to be at the beginnning but they rounded into shape. I would say theya ll need to get into the gym earlier but nothing to do with the end of teh season. Harrison and Foote will restructure anyways.
austinfrench76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #14
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
the more I think of it, the more i can't wait to see what the younger players can do! I trust the FO, and I think if the price is right they will keep any of these players for experience and depth.
Keep Foote no matter what, Harrison if the price is right and Hampton only if you've signed everyone else.

Starks will be back most likely, we've been through this with him.
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
harrison'samonster
Living Legend
 
harrison'samonster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Youngstown, OH
Posts: 8,528
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17630
Thanks: 68,995
Thanked 11,721 Times in 4,689 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
I would ask this: What does anyone on the #1 ranked Defense, #1 pass, #2 rushing have to do with the end of the season??? We lost becasue of Ben's injury. It has nothing to do with them. They weren't where they needed to be at the beginnning but they rounded into shape. I would say theya ll need to get into the gym earlier but nothing to do with the end of teh season. Harrison and Foote will restructure anyways.
I still think it all depends on who the FO see as a priority due to the money issues. If they think that the Defensive back-ups can step up, then the older players might be as good as gone.

I'd love to see them all stay and play at least one more year, but if the money isn't there, I'm afraid we might have seen the last of some of them.

In my opinion Woodley should be in this conversation as well.
__________________
[QUOTE=Steelstoned1972;1430728
So second of all there is no second of all !
[/QUOTE]
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
I still think it all depends on who the FO see as a priority due to the money issues. If they think that the Defensive back-ups can step up, then the older players might be as good as gone.

I'd love to see them all stay and play at least one more year, but if the money isn't there, I'm afraid we might have seen the last of some of them.

In my opinion Woodley should be in this conversation as well.
Yup. Woodley is getting paid to much for his dismal performance as of late. I really, really want Harrison back too, so I hope they can cut their pay checks.
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
sloppyjoe
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 392
Member Number: 24256
Thanks: 3
Thanked 91 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

we nned to lose a few more too, well at least their cap numbers
sloppyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,310
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,304
Thanked 25,706 Times in 10,416 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

STARKS: Underrated. I'd like to see him back, but if not, I think that Gilbert might be ready.

KEISEL: He's heading towards that cliff (the one that Hines Ward fell off of). If it comes down to "resigning Lewis" or "keep The Beard"... sorry Keisel.

FOOTE: Played well, but I think Spence is an upgrade. Good-bye, man... unless you take the vet minimum (as a back-up).

HARRISON: Towards the end of the year, showed some of the old Harrison. Cutting him only saves $1.5 million (of a $6.5 million cap hit). So, why not keep him. [Note: My figures are not exact, but close enough to make the point.]

HAMPTON: Personally, I think he should have been gone three tears ago. So, absolutely show him the door.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
cbrunn
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 652
Member Number: 23984
Thanks: 130
Thanked 285 Times in 207 Posts
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Posted this in another thread ... but it fits here too ...

keep holding onto the past and your future falls through your fingers

Clark - 33 yrs old - Stepped up this year ... but his time is coming, thankfully he never really relied on athleticism and more on his IQ and instincts...

Foote - 32 yrs old - Foote had a OK year this year with tackles , but He got burned in pass coverage wayyyyyy to much for the new NFL ... overall I wouldn't mind having him back if the price was right and only for a backup

Hampton - 35 yrs old - Boooo , Mclendon played better than him all year when given a chance ... Thanks Hampton but your time is up

Harrison - 34 yrs old - 6 Sacks , was he even on the field?? , Worilds had 5 with I'm guessing not even half as much playing time ... Thanks James but your run is over

Keisel - 34 yrs old - Overal not a bad year, but cost us with a couple of offsides, and with 1st round picks spent on taking over his position ... you have to let the 1st rounder take over, not just let them Rot on the bench for loyalty ... would really rather him not be back , but My guess is he will be and that'll be another year a 1st round pick is rotting away on the bench

Troy - 31 yrs old - Everybody and their mom agrees a shell of his former self ... He'll be back unless he retires ... Hopefully can stay healthy but I would rather have his money back on the books to have options to sign a younger play maker like Mike Wallace or whatever

Miller - 30 yrs old - coming off tearing his knee up - Great year , Great Player , but doubt he'll be ready for the beginning of the season

Woodley - 27 yrs old - Threw him on here because he got his big contract and seem like he doesn't care anymore ... GET INTO SHAPE

I'm sorry but they are in a rebuilding/reloading stage ... and they have been in the draft in the past years getting ready for this change ... but they won't let the players play because the older not productive anymore players are still around...

Keisel (Heyward , production doesn't drop off any from the switch)
Hampton (Mcclendon, production goes up with the switch)
Harrison (Worilds, Carter ... production doesn't drop , maybe goes up with the switch)
Foote ( Sly, Spence ... I don't think production drops much, and get a better pass coverage with the switch)
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
The_Joker
Living Legend
 
The_Joker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Virginia
Posts: 3,491
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24540
Thanks: 3,918
Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,126 Posts
My Mood: Devilish
Default Re: We could lose 4 key veterans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Posted this in another thread ... but it fits here too ...

keep holding onto the past and your future falls through your fingers

Clark - 33 yrs old - Stepped up this year ... but his time is coming, thankfully he never really relied on athleticism and more on his IQ and instincts...

Foote - 32 yrs old - Foote had a OK year this year with tackles , but He got burned in pass coverage wayyyyyy to much for the new NFL ... overall I wouldn't mind having him back if the price was right and only for a backup

Hampton - 35 yrs old - Boooo , Mclendon played better than him all year when given a chance ... Thanks Hampton but your time is up

Harrison - 34 yrs old - 6 Sacks , was he even on the field?? , Worilds had 5 with I'm guessing not even half as much playing time ... Thanks James but your run is over

Keisel - 34 yrs old - Overal not a bad year, but cost us with a couple of offsides, and with 1st round picks spent on taking over his position ... you have to let the 1st rounder take over, not just let them Rot on the bench for loyalty ... would really rather him not be back , but My guess is he will be and that'll be another year a 1st round pick is rotting away on the bench

Troy - 31 yrs old - Everybody and their mom agrees a shell of his former self ... He'll be back unless he retires ... Hopefully can stay healthy but I would rather have his money back on the books to have options to sign a younger play maker like Mike Wallace or whatever

Miller - 30 yrs old - coming off tearing his knee up - Great year , Great Player , but doubt he'll be ready for the beginning of the season

Woodley - 27 yrs old - Threw him on here because he got his big contract and seem like he doesn't care anymore ... GET INTO SHAPE

I'm sorry but they are in a rebuilding/reloading stage ... and they have been in the draft in the past years getting ready for this change ... but they won't let the players play because the older not productive anymore players are still around...

Keisel (Heyward , production doesn't drop off any from the switch)
Hampton (Mcclendon, production goes up with the switch)
Harrison (Worilds, Carter ... production doesn't drop , maybe goes up with the switch)
Foote ( Sly, Spence ... I don't think production drops much, and get a better pass coverage with the switch)
Ok, Keisel and Clark played lights out. Leave them alone.
__________________
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
The_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts