Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #21
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Tired of Being in Cap Hell Every Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
Why is every thread turning into a "bash the players" thread?

This is why I am trying to get Steelers fans to hold Ben accountable. So far not so lucky.

Bash all the players on the defense except Clark, Timmons and Keisel.

A defense that was 1st against the pass and 2nd against the run.

"Fire Lebeau" and "Fire Haley" threads pop up. RBs need to go, the OL needs to go, Wallace and Mendedhall need to go. (Brown screwed up as much as Wallace but he's a hero for not holding out).

Meanwhile the QB of the 22nd ranked offense, who counts more against the cap than P Manning, Brees or Rodgers next year, who has consistently been surrounded with more talent gets no blame for HIS offense's mediocre performance, and is held as the savior of the franchise.
Don't let our rank fool you. 10 interceptions and ranked bottom 5 on the league in turnovers us what I look at. New England patriots were ranked in the bottom 10 in overall defense but were + 30 or more in turnover ratio.

I'd take that over a top rated defense that doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't pressure the qb, and allowed Tennessee , Oakland , Denver and Cincy to come back and win last minute on them.
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #22
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994

Not bashing players. Calling it as I see it. Our youth is either not living up to their draft position and we maybe had a handful of gems in later rounds. Add the aging if our key players, proven inability to hit in round 1 and no cap space i am not sure how we expect to improve.
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I actually did. I was on the board with Still Mill when he called him a 'dong sack' artist (now he can't even get those). I got hell for it from this board too if you go back.

I've always been a fan of Timmons from day 1.
"Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes." --- Dan Rooney after loss to Denver last year.

Rooney, you also criticized Worilds around that time.

Your story checks out. Excellent job of player evaluation. My hat is off to you, Sir.

lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
lloydwoodson
Head Coach

Member Number: 23495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers5895 View Post
Don't let our rank fool you. 10 interceptions and ranked bottom 5 on the league in turnovers us what I look at. New England patriots were ranked in the bottom 10 in overall defense but were + 30 or more in turnover ratio.

I'd take that over a top rated defense that doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't pressure the qb, and allowed Tennessee , Oakland , Denver and Cincy to come back and win last minute on them.
Just because the defense ends the other team's drive with a late punt rather than a turnover doesn't mean it is a bad defense- it just means the offense is going to have to work harder to score on a longer drive. No it is not the 2008 or 2010 defense.

Steelers defense is inarguably a top 5 defense.

Steelers offense is inarguably mediocre.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote